This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by narudnad View Post

I can鈥檛 remember if the perch is or isn鈥檛 atm. I have ohlins on right now. 265/35 was my plan.

I have the option to go with 18x10 +25, there just not in my preferred color.
    I have ohlins with 9.5et22 and they will clear the strut no problem. I run a 10mm spacer in the rear to make it look a bit more balanced with the front.

Comment

Tbonem3 Thoglan you guys rock, thanks for insight and clarification!!

Comment

Originally posted by Thoglan View Post

I have ohlins with 9.5et22 and they will clear the strut no problem. I run a 10mm spacer in the rear to make it look a bit more balanced with the front.
        Can you share the size tire you opted for where you didn鈥檛 have any clearance issues? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by narudnad View Post

Can you share the size tire you opted for where you didn鈥檛 have any clearance issues? Thanks!
          I'm not a good example because when I ordered my PS4S's 265/35 was not available. I went with 255/40 and have clearance issues as a result of the additional height of the sidewall. 265/35 will fit fine, someone on here will be running that exact setup as it's quite common.

Comment

Great thread. I'm wanting to go 235/265 on comp wheels but the rears are limiting my tire choices. Might force me to 245/275.
            Interlagos 06 M3, Autologic tune, Agency Power midpipes/exhaust, Fortune Auto coilovers, UUC SSK, ZKW-R lenses. MRegistry listing here

Comment

im having super decision paralysis. Stock m3 and i just ordered the ZCP wheels with the 8" front and 9.5" rear. I'm reading 235/35/19 and 265/30/19 are the way to go here? My rig is mostly street driven and may see occasional use. I really want to avoid any rubbing on the front or on the rear. I just want it to fit and not worry about rubbing and im not too crazily concerned about understeer. Most I ever do these days is carve canyons. Maaaaaybe an occasional track day. Will this size just work? Thinking about indy 500s

edit: nvm, I think I answered my own question. The tire widths on Tire rack are extremely helpful in figuring this out
              Last edited by sev; 05-05-2022, 10:38 AM.

Comment

BMW M seemed to think 225/40/19 and 255/35/19 are a good fit... 馃檮
                2003 Imola Red M3 w/ SMG

Comment

Originally posted by sev View Post
                  im having super decision paralysis. Stock m3 and i just ordered the ZCP wheels with the 8" front and 9.5" rear. I'm reading 235/35/19 and 265/30/19 are the way to go here? My rig is mostly street driven and may see occasional use. I really want to avoid any rubbing on the front or on the rear. I just want it to fit and not worry about rubbing and im not too crazily concerned about understeer. Most I ever do these days is carve canyons. Maaaaaybe an occasional track day. Will this size just work? Thinking about indy 500s

edit: nvm, I think I answered my own question. The tire widths on Tire rack are extremely helpful in figuring this out
                  That size will work. The factory wheels (including OEM ZCP) have plenty of clearance. Bumping up your tire widths by 10mm per corner isn't going to cause any issues. I am on stock 18" style 67's (8 and 9" widths) with 235/40 and 265/35 PS4S.
                  2002 M3 Coupe | 1988 320i Touring

Comment

Question - are 8 year old Conti ECS DWSs worth anything? Stock ZCP sizes 225/40 255/35. Old but only 17K miles on them and they look in great shape, car always garaged and rarely driven in winter. Not sure about discarding after getting new tires or keeping and selling.
                    Interlagos 06 M3, Autologic tune, Agency Power midpipes/exhaust, Fortune Auto coilovers, UUC SSK, ZKW-R lenses. MRegistry listing here

Comment

Why not just use them?

Hard to say they have value when there's risk associated with using 8 year old tires. Maybe list all 4 for $100 local pick up?
                      DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 DCT Slicktop Instagram
                      /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 Coupe 6spd Slicktop zero options
                      More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Would be ok for a drifter probably, but I wouldn鈥檛 use them for anything else, or try to sell them to someone who would use them.

Comment

Hey all-

Has anyone run 275/40R18; all around, on E46 M3?

Offset will be standard setup for squared wheels - ET35 with spacers in the rear.

I did run 275/40R18 in the rear at one point and found them to be a tad too tall but never done them up front.

Comment

Working...
                          X