No announcement yet.

CSL Bootlid price increase?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve rarely felt it was a “smart” decision to buy an expensive, essentially pointless automobile part, but my $977 OE CSL trunk invoice isn’t looking so bad anymore

Comment

Thanks to those of you who have reached out to me to inquire about a trunk lid.

As said above retail is $4045.90. https://www.bmwofsouthatlanta.com/pa...%3D41007895884

I do not charge retail, but these are not cheap. My cost is much higher than ECS/Turner which I suspect is why they aren't selling these, because at their price they aren't making any money. I don't make much on these either, I have a small shop that caters to a small core group of clients and that is the only reason why I went down this road in the first place. But when you factor in the time it takes for me to go the dealer inspect (multiple times) and pick-up, store, cover credit card fees and sales tax then these aren't a big "money maker" as some people are implying with their responses to my price. And I will not ship them as if you saw how poorly they are packaged from BMW you'd see it's a miracle they aren't all damaged.
      '00 R11S, '09 HP2S, '12 R12GSA, '00 Gray 332iT (SOLD), '00 Black 323iT, '02 Alpine 325iT (Track Wagon), '02 Japan Rot 325iT
      Instagram @HillPerformanceBimmers
      Email to George@HillPerformance.com

Comment

Originally posted by repoman89 View Post
        I’ve rarely felt it was a “smart” decision to buy an expensive, essentially pointless automobile part, but my $977 OE CSL trunk invoice isn’t looking so bad anymore
        I feel I won the lottery buying mine when I did. I'd say the Slon or the eventual MileEnd trunks will be the way of the future.

Current:

1997 BMW M3 - Boston Green/Modena
        2003 BMW M3 · Coupe · 6MT - Alpine White/M-Texture Alcantara

Comment

Man, I purchased a trunk from MMS tuning way back in the day and got ripped off for $2,000. Never saw the trunk. Fast forward to a yea or so ago, I was going to buy a trunk and figured no rush. Now I doubt I'll ever buy one....haha.
          2005 ZCP SMG ///M3

Comment

Who would have ever guessed CSL trunks are bringing better returns than the stock market. I think it's a worthy mod to do for $1k, but at $4k there is a very limited amount of people who have both the means and desire to buy one. Hopefully BMW will rethink their pricing when these trunks start to sit around unsold. I passed on a rough E46 M3 last month for roughly $4k for an entire car.
            '06 BMW M3 6MT Coupe - TiAg/Imola
            '99 BMW M3 5MT Coupe - Estoril/Dove
            '00 Honda Civic Si - Electron Blue Pearl/Black
            '11 Toyota Tacoma T/X TRD - Magnetic Grey/Grey

Instagram: @6spd_M3 | @midwesteuroparts

Comment

Originally posted by Titaniu//M View Post
              Who would have ever guessed CSL trunks are bringing better returns than the stock market. I think it's a worthy mod to do for $1k, but at $4k there is a very limited amount of people who have both the means and desire to buy one. Hopefully BMW will rethink their pricing when these trunks start to sit around unsold. I passed on a rough E46 M3 last month for roughly $4k for an entire car.
              Remember last year when you sent me the slightly damaged one on ECS for $800 and I passed? I remember 😔
              2005 ///M3 6MT Coupe Imola/M-Texture

Build Thread

Instagram

Comment

Pepperidge farm remembers
                DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by repoman89 View Post
                  No doubt! I bought mine for $1100 already painted to match my car.
                  TTFS Engine/SMG Tune - CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA
                  Brembo 996 - ARC-8's - BWS 500S 9k/11k - Valentine 1 - BlueBus - Orion V4's
                  Evolve Eventuri
                  - VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser/CSL Trunk

Comment

Does ecs/turner sell these for 2500

Comment

Doesnt ecs/turner sell these for 2500

Comment

Originally posted by SteelGreyM View Post
                        Doesnt ecs/turner sell these for 2500
                        I placed an order in May for $1200 and I'm still waiting for it, I don't think it's coming lol.
                        Last edited by Norocehcap; 03-10-2021, 02:51 PM.
                        2004 M3-Silver Grey Metallic/Imola Red-Coupe-6spd
                        2002 330Ci-Topaz Blue Metallic/Black-5spd
                        Instagram- Norocehcap

Comment

Originally posted by Titaniu//M View Post
                          BMW won’t rethink shit. The only thing they rethink is oil. I agree though 4K is a hard pass unless I had a mint collector grade example or if mine rockets in value to 30k. Too bad, I need a new trunk too. I knew this would happen and just kept putting it off, price was too good.

Comment

I purchase mine for $1200 from the local dealer in February 2020 and it arrived after 9 months lol

Comment

Wow that’s insane. They weren’t showing back ordered when you guys ordered. I’d be pissed.

Comment

I received another updated shipping date from ECS, June 1st.
                                2004 M3-Silver Grey Metallic/Imola Red-Coupe-6spd
                                2002 330Ci-Topaz Blue Metallic/Black-5spd
                                Instagram- Norocehcap

Comment

Working...
                                X