No announcement yet.

CSL Bootlid price increase?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those of you that have been around long enough like myself, this is BMW playing a game with its customers to basically laugh in your face by charging a hilarious price to see if anyone bites because they don't want your business. At 4K a unit, they figure "Fuck it. Why not produce it at these margins!"

The problem a lot of guys dont get here is that the price is only half the problem here. The REAL issue that concerns me is the lack of quality control AT a premium price point. Anyone who has the first revision of the CSL trunk (I want to say up to 2017 or 2018 production), the fitment and quality control was on par with what you all think you're paying for when you buy OE (a genuine factory bmw part with perfect fitment). Well these new ones are not only hilariously overpriced, but you're paying a premium for considerably LESS quality than what they were a few years ago.

At this point, it is a goldmine of an opportunity for a company like Millend to take over and produce an OE fit and finish like trunk that the market is desperately willing to pay for. His instagram pics look promising and a member here has one of Millend's CSL bumpers that is the best fitting I've seen, so if that is any indication of what the trunk will be when he is finished with the mold he is currently working on, I could care less about it having a roundel stamp anymore. Fit and finish should be a top priority for anyone buying one of these and I don't believe OE is really the answer anymore from what my shop has seen comparing the two OE trunk revisions side by side.
    2003 E46 M3 TiAg/Cinnamon 6MT
    2005 E46 330i ZHP Imola/Sand

| Karbonius | Schrick | Supertech | Volk | Recaro | FCM | SuperSprint | Turner | Hyperco | GC | PFC | VAC | OMP | Radium Engineering | MPRacing |

Instagram:@thegenius46m

NorCal DME Programming and Coding Expert

Comment

Originally posted by thegenius46m View Post
      For those of you that have been around long enough like myself, this is BMW playing a game with its customers to basically laugh in your face by charging a hilarious price to see if anyone bites because they don't want your business. At 4K a unit, they figure "Fuck it. Why not produce it at these margins!"
      Totally...👍

TTFS Engine/SMG Tune - CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA
      Brembo 996 - ARC-8's - BWS 500S 9k/11k - Valentine 1 - BlueBus - Orion V4's
      Evolve Eventuri
      - VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser/CSL Trunk

Comment

I really wish the Aerocomposites company I work for would get their head out of their asses and consider building Automotive parts as well.. This would be SOOO EASY with how we are set up. HUGE CCA/EMA layup rooms, We use prepreg Glass and carbonfiber. Two huge autoclaves.. a 30 foot and 40 foot , with 10 foot ceilings.. Vacuum system .. the whole works.. I mean we were building carbon fiber parts for F-22 Raptors and F-35's.... Ugh.. It's frustrating seeing the prices of these things, knowing I can build my own at work. (just not allowed)
        Last edited by jdamore44; 03-17-2021, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jdamore44 View Post
          I really wish the Aerocomposites company I work for would get their head out of their asses and consider building Automotive parts as well.. This would be SOOO EASY with how we are set up. HUGE CCA/EMA layup rooms, We use prepreg Glass and carbonfiber. Two huge autoclaves.. a 30 foot and 40 foot , with 10 foot ceilings.. Vacuum system .. the whole works.. I mean we were building carbon fiber parts for F-22 Raptors and F-35's.... Ugh.. It's frustrating seeing the prices of these things, knowing I can build my own at work. (just not allowed)
          Sounds like someone has a business proposition to discuss with management
          2003 E46 M3 TiAg/Cinnamon 6MT
          2005 E46 330i ZHP Imola/Sand

| Karbonius | Schrick | Supertech | Volk | Recaro | FCM | SuperSprint | Turner | Hyperco | GC | PFC | VAC | OMP | Radium Engineering | MPRacing |

Instagram:@thegenius46m

NorCal DME Programming and Coding Expert

Comment

Look what’s coming!
            2005 ///M3 6MT Coupe Imola/M-Texture

Build Thread

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Inizes View Post

Look what’s coming!
              I saw this too and was hyped! I’m trying to send my stimulus check over to him haha

Comment

These guys are all about quality vs quantity, even when they're being produced, the molds can only handle so many pulls before they need to be repaired, sometimes scrapped and a new one made. I'm scared the demand will require a long wait.

I'm also worried about how to place an order once they're released, I feel like Millend just posts on their IG when ones available and you gotta bite. Essentially, right place at the right time.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by WestBankM4 View Post
                  These guys are all about quality vs quantity, even when they're being produced, the molds can only handle so many pulls before they need to be repaired, sometimes scrapped and a new one made. I'm scared the demand will require a long wait.

I'm also worried about how to place an order once they're released, I feel like Millend just posts on their IG when ones available and you gotta bite. Essentially, right place at the right time.

This.

He has a full time job and Mile End is just his side hustle/hobby. When he gets to it, he gets to it and you have to be there at the right time/moment to buy.
                  06' Interlagos Blue ZCP 6MT // Instagram

Comment

Time to quit the day job JC!
                    DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                    /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                    More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Feverishly hitting F5 on instagram, imagine.

Comment

Dude at MileEnd needs to reply to emails. He's disappeared and never bothers to reply.

Comment

Ordered mine from ECS a while back - would they honor the price (expected ETA June 1) or could they cancel my order to make me buy one at the current pricing? Thks!

Comment

Originally posted by toy4to View Post
                            Dude at MileEnd needs to reply to emails. He's disappeared and never bothers to reply.
                            He replied to me on Instagram RE: The CSL Trunk.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalFlushness View Post

He replied to me on Instagram RE: The CSL Trunk.
                              He won't bother with DMs but he will reply if you comment on a photo or something. He's done the same for me.

Comment

Originally posted by M3Giovan View Post
                                Ordered mine from ECS a while back - would they honor the price (expected ETA June 1) or could they cancel my order to make me buy one at the current pricing? Thks!
                                My experience with Ecs is they honour pricing. I bought a set of style 260M wheels from them when they were absurdly cheap from bmw. The following day after my order they updated their price to be 4-5x what it was when I ordered. They arrived last week.

Comment

Working...
                                X