No announcement yet.

Black Friday Deals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So did anyone actually order the 60mm SS kit from ECS? I didn't, but I'm still curious to hear if anyone actually receives it at the price they had listed.

Comment

Originally posted by Pklauser View Post
      So did anyone actually order the 60mm SS kit from ECS? I didn't, but I'm still curious to hear if anyone actually receives it at the price they had listed.
      I had it in my cart and forgot. Called them after the price jumped back over $4k and they told me it was a pricing error. Hopefully someone here got lucky!

Comment

Lol yea I wanna know so I can decide if I made a mistake or not 😅

Comment

Originally posted by freshprince2421 View Post

I had it in my cart and forgot. Called them after the price jumped back over $4k and they told me it was a pricing error. Hopefully someone here got lucky!
          Someone in another post said they called ECS and the price was right. I still kick myself in the butt for not purchasing it. Even though I’m on OEM euro, I’m sure those headers are a lot less raspy.

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post
            I purchased a set of 2 vinyl/dinamica nogaros from driftworks the other day. Came out to $1800 after all options and shipping. About $1000 cheaper than the same seats from HMS.
            heinzboehmer , Cubieman or anyone else stateside that ordered Nogaros from driftworks. Did your final purchase price end up being more than what their website showed you while shopping?

I was surprised when I saw the credit card transaction come through and it was more than I thought I would be charged.

Their website allows you to make a selection to shop in USD ($), EUR (€) or GBP (£). They quote everything in USD (in my case) including shipping, and display the final amount in USD. I used PayPal to settle and when that happens, PayPal displays the final settlement amount in GBP and you agree to pay in GBP. PayPal must be using a different currency exchange rate than driftworks, one that is less favorable to the dollar.

I'm not trying to slander driftworks. This could 100% be on me and I missed the actual final USD total somewhere (i.e., I did not do the currency conversion back into USD while in PayPal). However if others experienced this, it would be good to know.

Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue​

Comment

Originally posted by Casa de Mesa View Post

heinzboehmer , Cubieman or anyone else stateside that ordered Nogaros from driftworks. Did your final purchase price end up being more than what their website showed you while shopping?

I was surprised when I saw the credit card transaction come through and it was more than I thought I would be charged.

Their website allows you to make a selection to shop in USD ($), EUR (€) or GBP (£). They quote everything in USD (in my case) including shipping, and display the final amount in USD. I used PayPal to settle and when that happens, PayPal displays the final settlement amount in GBP and you agree to pay in GBP. PayPal must be using a different currency exchange rate than driftworks, one that is less favorable to the dollar.

I'm not trying to slander driftworks. This could 100% be on me and I missed the actual final USD total somewhere (i.e., I did not do the currency conversion back into USD while in PayPal). However if others experienced this, it would be good to know.
              I never used their conversion deal on the website, I kept going over to Google and converted GBP to USD. I will say when I got to paypal I ended paying about $60 more.

My final price for 2 nogaros with custom stitching was £1581.14 GBP, paypal invoice was $2001.73 USD.
              2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
              Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
              Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
              RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
              Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Casa de Mesa View Post

Yeah slightly. Final price was £1,528.37 and PayPal charged me $1,902.55. I didn't realize the PayPal exchange rate was different until I had already paid so I just let it go. It might have been cheaper if I had paid with a credit card directly.

Also, Cubieman, you got the black stitching and no logo seats, right? I thought it was going to be about $300 more for that, guess I misunderstood. Damn, for $100 I wish I had realized that before and ordered mine like that as well.
                2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post

I never used their conversion deal on the website, I kept going over to Google and converted GBP to USD. I will say when I got to paypal I ended paying about $60 more.

My final price for 2 nogaros with custom stitching was £1581.14 GBP, paypal invoice was $2001.73 USD.
                  Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

Yeah slightly. Final price was £1,528.37 and PayPal charged me $1,902.55. I didn't realize the PayPal exchange rate was different until I had already paid so I just let it go. It might have been cheaper if I had paid with a credit card directly.

Also, Cubieman, you got the black stitching and no logo seats, right? I thought it was going to be about $300 more for that, guess I misunderstood. Damn, for $100 I wish I had realized that before and ordered mine like that as well.
                  Thanks gents. I feel like there is always something with international orders, but other vendors I've ordered from quote exactly what the USD price will be and it sticks at check out. Shops shouldn't offer a domestic/local currency option (wherever your domestic currency is) unless it has better integration to the FX rates they are actually using. Or don't offer the option to see your local currency at all. In my case, I splurged for the carbon buckets and the price differential was $300+ and didn't see it until my card transaction hit so it it took me by surprise.

The irony here is I work in FX, LOL!
                  Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue​

Comment

heinzboehmer
                    Think I lucked out maybe as shipping was somehow free, don't get it but not asking any questions either.

Instagram

Comment

heinzboehmer
                      Think I lucked out maybe as shipping was somehow free, don't get it but not asking any questions either.
                      Sometimes we all get lucky. When I received my quick jacks they sent me two motors and two sets of hydraulic lines and the real kicker is they sent me the HD lines and motors from one of their heavier duty models. I even called them and said hey you sent me the wrong stuff and duplicates, to which they said keep it. Roger that and will do was my response.
                      3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

heinzboehmer
                        Aaah that makes more sense. Nice. Turned an already good deal into a better one for you
                        2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

Comment

Is there a chance you get hit with a customs charge when it arrives in the US? It's not clear to me how that works.

Comment

Is there a chance you get hit with a customs charge when it arrives in the US? It's not clear to me how that works.
                            Yes, probably. But I checked on the FedEx calculator before buying and it wasn't more than $100, so still worth it.

Comment

With a package this size it's quite likely I'll see a customs charge, it's been kind of hit and miss for me over the years in regards to import fees. Didn't have any on a huge box from the UK with my CSL airbox/accessories, but had $200 import fee on exhaust components recently. Seems to only be on larger items I see import fees,cost of the product doesn’t seem to have any affect, at least in my case.

Instagram

Comment

My Schrick 280/272 cams I ordered on Blk Friday from bimmerworld came in today- $1418 shipped. Saved about $250, so not bad...wish I could have found the followers on sale

Comment

Working...
                                X