Ss Twin Tube Sec. 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by benzthis View Post
    SS sec 2 resonated absolutely killed my rasp.maybe my euro cats helped but no rasp.stock sec 2 doesn't stop the rasp at all.
    Which section 2? The x pipe or the dual pipe 2.5?

Comment

the single pipe resonated x pipe

Comment

Based on the videos I’ve seen, seems correct.
        2005 ///M3 6MT Coupe Imola/M-Texture

Build Thread

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by usdmej View Post

i don't know what your setup is, but in my experience, headers/cats are the biggest controllers of rasp (stock
          for section 2s, i've cycled between stock, SS non-resonated, and SS resonated. between the resonated options, there was little to no change in rasp. you're mostly modifying volume when it comes to the section 2
          I'm not the only one.check out obioban's vids.he has the SS resonated twin pipe and has zero rasp.
          My setup is SS V2 stepped headers, euro cats,SS res sec 2 x pipe and stock muffler.
          Last edited by benzthis; 11-30-2020, 12:50 PM.

Comment

It's well known that the x pipe sec 2 kills rasp and provides a different "tuner" sound than stock dual pipe.

Two resonators in sect 1 will also kill rasp well.

a rasp killer sect 1 with x pipe sect 2 might kill too much rasp! Might sound too lazy/calm imo. like a v6 mustang
            DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
            /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
            More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Did you feel a power loss after you installed the resonated x pipe?

my current setup is going to be euro headers, euro cats, eventuri intake, Macht schnell elbow, b&b triflo with modified tips, HTE custom dyno tune. I was thinking SS resonated sec 2 or even Milltek bc it has a collector where the H section is.

i read on Facebook that some members cut out the resonator in the stock section 2 and installed 2 single resonators on each pipe. Still waiting on install photos.

Comment

Originally posted by DropTopKingM3 View Post

Did you feel a power loss after you installed the resonated x pipe?

my current setup is going to be euro headers, euro cats, eventuri intake, Macht schnell elbow, b&b triflo with modified tips, HTE custom dyno tune. I was thinking SS resonated sec 2 or even Milltek bc it has a collector where the H section is.

i read on Facebook that some members cut out the resonator in the stock section 2 and installed 2 single resonators on each pipe. Still waiting on install photos.
                I don't feel a power loss but that doesn't mean I haven't lost power.in this case its the torque not horsepower that is the case.from the old m3forum there was some torque loss compared to the stock sec 2 but killing the rasp was more important to me than losing some torque that I couldn't feel.im sure the SS twin pipe resonated would solve both issues but it wasn't around when I got the SS x pipe.

Comment

benzthis thank you for the clarification. Since were both from NY you’ve probably heard of Tesh from the monkey wrench. He does some great welding and exhaust work from what I’ve read. I was thinking of having him cut the small resonator in the section 2 and welding in 2 larger resonators.

here’s an example in the photos.
                  Attached Files

Comment

that's a good option.i would have gone that route before buying my SS sec 2.

Comment

Working...
                    X