No announcement yet.

"Best" aftermarket Vanos line?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok I called RE direct and asked about the covering. Said it hadn't changed and that it's a light "smoked" transparent cover. Said the photo lighting probably makes look different.

Since I have always liked Rogue Engineering (from the initial start-up days when they split off from UUC) and their quality I went with their's. Made in USA, DOT approved hose and they usually over engineer their products. I am not so confident with ECS's product line contractors.

Does seem all aftermarket very close. That was just my rationale. This is not my thread, sorry for thread-jack. So please continue on..
    6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

Make sense, putting it that way I wish I would have done the same. Do I trust an ECS part in a critical area? Hmm
      2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
      Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
      Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
      RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
      Instagram

Comment

I installed an RE line over the summer and it's a quality piece.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post
          Make sense, putting it that way I wish I would have done the same. Do I trust an ECS part in a critical area? Hmm
          I think there are enough ECS lines out there to know if they are bad, or any other for that matter. The only ones you hear about failing are the old OE ones

Comment

The updated stock line is the best option out there, IMO. Never seen one fail. No yearly replacements, like most of the aftermarket line recommend. No rubbing potential, like the aftermarket versions.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
            2012 LMB/Black 128i
            2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6320.jpg Views:	0 Size:	115.4 KB ID:	72334
              Just to update about the Rogue Engineering hose, the one I recently recieved the cover is basically black.
              6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

Originally posted by oldFanatic View Post
                I was thinking the sale price makes this a no brainer. Until BW changes ~$15 shipping while ECS is free.

Then I start thinking (as mentioned earlier) if the updated Genuine BMW Part is improved and Lifetime warranty on sale from FCP Euro at $104 Free Ship, paying more for solid line and OE look and fit is best, just not sexy aftermarket.

I notice RE line selling point is a sleek fitting on top vs bulky hose to fitting on ECS. But ECS fitting is angled to curve over vanos.
                Decisions decisions....
                Haha yeah that is the problem too many choices to choose from. Didn't realize there was a V2 of the BMW part.
                Last edited by wahsm; 07-03-2021, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Performance Eurowerks has a great one. Tell em Teric recommended you.

Comment

Working...
                  X