Best Battery Replacement Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by K-Dawg View Post

Not worth the money. You can get an Everstart Platinum H6 AGM with 4 year warranty for half the cost of an Optima. Or a Duracell H6 AGM, which people say is a better battery.

If you really want a top of the line battery, Odyssey, Trojan or Lifeline. Although, these days, I would be tempted to go lithium.
    Unfortunately none of those are available in Bahrain. Only the Optima and Excide.

Comment

Originally posted by 0-60motorsports View Post

Unfortunately none of those are available in Bahrain. Only the Optima and Excide.
      I put an Optima Red Top in my car April 2013. I daily drove the car for a period of time and it was also parked outside (under a carport) for a couple of years. I've kept it on a battery charger/tender, but I'm 10+ years on now and it still starts the car every single time.

I'm in the same boat as K-Dawg and other. When it comes time to replace it, I'm likely going to go lithium Antigravity H6. Not sure if you can get one of those in Bahrain or not.

https://antigravitybatteries.com/pro...tive/ag-h6-rs/
      Last edited by Casa de Mesa; 07-09-2023, 03:28 AM.
      Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Casa de Mesa View Post

I put an Optima Red Top in my car April 2013. I daily drove the car for a period of time and it was also parked outside (under a carport) for a couple of years. I've kept it on a battery charger/tender, but I'm 10+ years on now and it still starts the car every single time.

I'm in the same boat as K-Dawg. When it comes time to replace it, I'm likely going to go lithium Antigravity H6. Not sure if you can get one of those in Bahrain or not.

https://antigravitybatteries.com/pro...tive/ag-h6-rs/
        Again the problem is no one willing to ship he LIion Batteries to Bahrain. I'll have to ask Antigravity but then again im not paying those crazy high prices any way LOL

Comment

Again the problem is no one willing to ship he LIion Batteries to Bahrain. I'll have to ask Antigravity but then again im not paying those crazy high prices any way LOL
          Funny enough I was trying to find an address in Bahrain on Google maps so I could plug it into their site to see how much it would cost to ship it.

I totally get the hesitancy on the steep pricing of one of these. Dollar for dollar though, it's hard to beat the weight reduction of a lithium battery.

Comment

Funny enough I was trying to find an address in Bahrain on Google maps so I could plug it into their site to see how much it would cost to ship it.

I totally get the hesitancy on the steep pricing of one of these. Dollar for dollar though, it's hard to beat the weight reduction of a lithium battery.
            Agreed Brother. I'll Update when I have an answer from some of the suppliers I know.

Comment

Agreed Brother. I'll Update when I have an answer from some of the suppliers I know.
              Good luck and please do keep us posted!

Worst case, the Optima has been a solid choice in my car. IMO, the Yellow Top is overkill for most use cases (do you really need deep cycle capability in an M3?) so save a couple bucks and go with the Red.

Comment

Good luck and please do keep us posted!

Worst case, the Optima has been a solid choice in my car. IMO, the Yellow Top is overkill for most use cases (do you really need deep cycle capability in an M3?) so save a couple bucks and go with the Red.
                Thank you! I'll check if they have the red tops too.

Comment

Ah, I missed that little detail. Those are really the only options?
                  2003 Imola Red M3 w/ SMG

Comment

Originally posted by K-Dawg View Post

Ah, I missed that little detail. Those are really the only options?
                    Well yeah the only two Good options.

Comment

I have a lithium iron battery - Deltran Battery Tender 480CCA battery - and it doesn't have the shipping or racing sanctioning org restrictions. My battery probably won't work for a car with all of the modules and accessories but maybe look for lithium iron batteries instead.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjae46 View Post

I have a lithium iron battery - Deltran Battery Tender 480CCA battery - and it doesn't have the shipping or racing sanctioning org restrictions. My battery probably won't work for a car with all of the modules and accessories but maybe look for lithium iron batteries instead.
                        Hey brother, I'll try and have a look around and ask around. I'll update when I have something concrete lol

Comment

Optima Red Tops have treated me well too, not the ultimate in weight savings, but still a lot better than stock, and they last a really long time. And if you can’t put the car on a battery tender, they still last a month or two depending on climate.
                          http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
                          '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
                          '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Antigravity can ship to Bahrain, H7/94R 60Ah good enough?

Comment

Antigravity can ship to Bahrain, H7/94R 60Ah good enough?
                              I have been running Antugravity Restart ATX-30 for past 4 years no problems https://ebay.us/1g0OYY. Can't beat the price and weight works really well and the restart feature is awesome to as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X