D2S Replacement bulb recommendations.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

D2S Replacement bulb recommendations.

Hey guys. Im looking to upgrade my HID bulbs in my oem xenon setup. I don't have bi-xenon so Im trying to make the best of what I have currently (single xenon). As my car sits currently I barely can see anything at night. I replaced my stock bulbs with 5000k bulbs from Cesar over at lightwerkz back in 2011.. I'm unsure of the brand that he used when he installed them. I have a feeling one of my level sensors are no good because this problem mainly started when I lowered my car. So Ill be changing both front/rear level sensors as a precaution.

I did a little research and they claim these are the brightest on the market currently. I will be changing my fog light bulbs as well to match both headlight and fog light.

Would love to hear some feedback.

D2S: Osram Xenarc 66240 Night Breaker Laser 4200K HID (theretrofitsource.com)

D2S: Osram Xenarc 66240 Cool Blue Boost 7000K HID Bulbs (theretrofitsource.com)

D2S: Philips 85122XV C1 Extreme Vision Gen 2 – Lightwerkz Global Inc

D2S: Philips 85122 WHV2 White Vision (5000K) – Lightwerkz Global Inc

Originally posted by DropTopKingM3 View Post
    As my car sits currently I barely can see anything at night. I replaced my stock bulbs with 5000k bulbs from Cesar over at lightwerkz back in 2011.. I'm unsure of the brand that he used when he installed them. I have a feeling one of my level sensors are no good because this problem mainly started when I lowered my car.
    Not an answer to the question you asked, but when was the last time you aimed your headlights? Might just be that you can't see anything because your headlights are pointing at the floor.

2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Adjust your headlights.

As far as bulbs, I have Night Breakers in the M3, Philips 85112 5k in the M5 and CBI's in the X5.

I like the CBI's the best. Night Breakers and Philips are a tie.
      2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
      2005 BMW ///M3
      Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
      2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
      2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
      2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

Not an answer to the question you asked, but when was the last time you aimed your headlights? Might just be that you can't see anything because your headlights are pointing at the floor.

https://www.e46fanatics.com/threads/...ummies.613022/
        To be honest, I never did. Thanks for the link. I will give this a try.

Originally posted by Sharocks View Post
        Adjust your headlights.

As far as bulbs, I have Night Breakers in the M3, Philips 85112 5k in the M5 and CBI's in the X5.

I like the CBI's the best. Night Breakers and Philips are a tie.
        So far I think Ill go with the CBIs.. I found them on Amazon but not sure if theyre authentic. Reviews say that they are and you can run the numbers on the box to check authenticity.

Amazon.com: OSRAM D2S CBI Cool Blue Intense Xenon HID Headlight Bulbs up to 6000K (Two Bulbs): Automotive

Comment

Interesting this topic just came up. I too am doing headlight work and have the single projector. I owned a ZHP that had terrible light output which turned out to be the burnt ZKW bowls. When I replaced the bulbs with the ones you have linked as well as doing the retrofit listed on lightwerkz website. The lights became brighter then Acura lights. I loved them. So much so that I purchased the kit again expecting to have more burnt bowls in these. Yesterday when I disassembled my headlight I found no burnt bowl, thankfully. However what I did find is my projector lens was very foggy. Foggy with what?... no idea. But I figured what the hell, I’ll clean them back up and toss them back on the car and see if it helps. My lights have easily doubled in output. I didn’t snap any photos of the cleaned lens back on the car but you should be able to see the bulb if you look closely. You can see on mine it’s not visible. dug up photos of the burnt bowls
          Click image for larger version

Name:	F2D6A2C8-48FE-4E4C-B4C0-77A1E6F4C3CC.jpeg
Views:	977
Size:	108.5 KB
ID:	71757 Click image for larger version

Name:	8D3248DA-D800-4C59-A4DF-AB267F757EBF.png
Views:	917
Size:	304.8 KB
ID:	71759 Click image for larger version

Name:	9DE56F62-8C7D-4419-A6F3-1279FA27407D.jpeg
Views:	959
Size:	103.5 KB
ID:	71758

Comment

The highest quality materials from Philips & Plansee make for the best HID Lighting with the XB35 D2S Bulb. It's stronger and brighter than any other

The low cost comparable option is the morimoto xb. I’m running them and I’m impressed with the value/ performance they provide. I’m not saying they are better as I haven’t performed any legitimate testing. Perhaps someone else who has actually tested them can speak to results or longevity.

3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

I used them on my 325i limousine. Fantastic product ...

Headlight upgrade kit with HID bi-xenon projectors for the BMW 3 E46 with ZKW halogen headlights. Guaranteed improved light output! High-quality retrofit parts

Comment

I went with CBI, if you are after the most light output, don´t go with CBB, as those are higher K, but likely less output. Search in Youtube retrofit source videos so you can see some testing results. I also changed the lenses to a clear design, and with new CBI's I saw an improvement over my used CBI's and Fresnel OE lenses.

Comment

Night breakers plus ZKW lenses in otherwise all-stock headlights. Lights up the world. 4300k which is great in the rain. I rarely use the fog lights.
                  Better light output then our X5 and my Tundra with a RX350 / Denso 35W ballast retrofit.

Mike
                  02 M3 Titanium Silver/Black
                  11 Tundra SuperWhite/Black
                  16 X5

Comment

Thank you everyone. I am going to look at my headlights this week and see if they’re properly aimed. I will check my level sensors as well.

For now I pulled the trigger on

OSRAM Xenarc Cool Blue Boost D2S (Twin)- headlights -headlights

Philips RacingVision GT200 H7 (Twin) - for my high beams - high beam bulbs.

I ordered them from https://www.powerbulbs.com They’re an authorized Osram partner as per Osrams website and way cheaper than the options here in the US. They really mark these things up.

Comment

Working...
                    X