Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions on running OE CSL/ZCP 19x9.5 et 27 squared on the e46 M3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions on running OE CSL/ZCP 19x9.5 et 27 squared on the e46 M3.

Hey guys,

I had a few questions on running OE CSL/ZCP 19x9.5 et 27 squared on the e46 M3. Here the specs:

I currently have Brembo 380mm 4 piston front BBK and 345mm 4 piston rear BBK.
    Will be running Koni Yellow Adjustable shocks with possibly Eibach Pro Kit lowering springs.

I would like to run OE CSL/ZCP 19x9.5 et 27 squared with a 275/30/19 in the rear and a 265/30/19 in the front.

My questions are:

Will I run into issues with rubbing running this wheel and tire setup? ------- I assume in the rear I will be fine, my concern is in the front. I would prefer to run stock camber.

Will this setup clear my current Brembo BBK setup?

If I converted my BBK from Brembo 380mm 4 piston front BBK and 345mm 4 piston rear BBK to the Porsche 996 BBK setup using ZCP rotors will I have any issues running OE CSL/ZCP 19x9.5 et 27 squared?

I bought my car with square ZCP wheels and staggered tires (245 fronts, 275 rear). Like you said, rear is no issue even with 12mm spacers.

Fronts might be another story. I have stock camber (stock top hats) except for lowering on KW v2 coilovers. The fronts are around 13.25" center cap to fender. This setup results in more rear camber than up front just from the innate negative camber gain you get from lowering a car with this suspension type and stock length arms.

The front has a stupid amount of poke. The 245 tire is stretched on the 9.5" wheel, and the rim of the wheel is actually out past the fender. The fronts rub on full compression.

Long way of saying, I think even with my 245 tire stretched on 9.5" up front, I need more negative camber than stock. And I have more negative camber than you do, stock for stock, because I'm lower than Pro Kit springs will go. If you want to run 265 up front I think you're looking at -2 or even -2.5* of front camber. And if you're going to run that wide of a tire up front, you might as well run square 265 or 275 and bite the camber bullet.

Can't comment on BBK.
    '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

On my TCK DA's I did not need to use spacers to clear 355/4 Brembo's up front. Miles of space.
      2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
      2005 BMW ///M3
      Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
      2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
      2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
      2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

How much backpad is on the 19x9.5 zcp wheel. One idea I had if there is a thick backpad is maybe shave the backpad by 5 to 7 mm essentially raising the offset from et27 to an et32 or et34. With an 19x9.5 et32 or et34 you should be able to run a 265/30/19 tire without much negative camber.

Sharocks

Would you say due to the concave nature of the 19x9.5 zhp wheel that since the 380mm Brembo caliper sits higher up the then 355mm Brembo caliper that brake clearance would not be an issue?

Comment

I have also run square CSLs with both TCK DA and Ohlins R&T with to clearance issues. I ran 265/30 on all 4 wheels. Also no issues up front with BBK or 996 Brembos. You do need at least 2-2.5 of camber for it to look right. Agree with post above that another solution would be to machine the backpads if you want less camber. I thought they looked pretty good as is:

Click image for larger version

Name:	36530081084_a7711e93b3_b.jpg
Views:	3354
Size:	143.7 KB
ID:	73655
          Click image for larger version

Name:	37192802186_3a341ae328_b.jpg
Views:	3681
Size:	177.9 KB
ID:	73656

Comment

Originally posted by bmw m3 s50 View Post
            How much backpad is on the 19x9.5 zcp wheel. One idea I had if there is a thick backpad is maybe shave the backpad by 5 to 7 mm essentially raising the offset from et27 to an et32 or et34. With an 19x9.5 et32 or et34 you should be able to run a 265/30/19 tire without much negative camber.

Sharocks

Would you say due to the concave nature of the 19x9.5 zhp wheel that since the 380mm Brembo caliper sits higher up the then 355mm Brembo caliper that brake clearance would not be an issue?
            I can't comment on a 380mm kit since I have 355's but if your running the 4 piston GT caliper I don't think you'll have any issues. Like I said I have miles of space. I'm running -3.5 up front on 265/35/19 square but have run 275 square in the past on the same wheels.

I can fit a 12.5mm spacer up front and still have fender clearance.
            2005 BMW ///M3

Instagram

Comment

I'm daily driving a square set of rear ZCP/CSL wheels with 265/30 on all corners (Firehawk Indy 500). I also have Stoptech ST40 front BBK (4 piston). I do not have any rubbing issues at full lock (parallel parking, tight U turns, etc). There is also plenty of front BBK clearance. My camber settings are -3 (front) and -2 (rear), and I also rolled the front fenders. No spacers up front, but I do have a 12.5mm in the rear. Hope this helps.
              Big Booty Betty - '02 E46 M3 Coupe

Comment

Damn how did you fit a 12.5mm the rear Beau? Even my 10mm causes slight rubbing, at different camber settings. Could be my toe going in more with more neg camber that's causing the rubbing or maybe your rear fenders are pulled too?
                DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                  Damn how did you fit a 12.5mm the rear Beau? Even my 10mm causes slight rubbing, at different camber settings. Could be my toe going in more with more neg camber that's causing the rubbing or maybe your rear fenders are pulled too?
                  I run a 12mm spacer in the rear as well with no rubbing. I do have camber arms in the rear and my fenders have ever so slightly been pulled.
                  Phoenix Yellow e46m3 Build Thread
                  Japanrot Red E46 330i Msport k24/dct/turbo Build Thread

Comment

I can clear a 15mm spacer in the rear. All about dat camber and toe bruh. -2.5 and 0 toe ftw.
                    2005 BMW ///M3

Instagram

Comment

Maybe it's the wide Michelins. I've tried over -2.5, but then it causes more toe in and the rubbing is at the back of the fender, where the wheel flares out due to toe in. After an alignment, maybe I'll be able to run 10mm rub free. 5mm for now :/
                      DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                      /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                      More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Maybe it's the wide Michelins. I've tried over -2.5, but then it causes more toe in and the rubbing is at the back of the fender, where the wheel flares out due to toe in. After an alignment, maybe I'll be able to run 10mm rub free. 5mm for now :/
                        My fenders have all been modified. Fronts are rolled, and rears have been professionally shaved. They look 100% OE from the outside, but they've been shaved and re-sealed (versus rolling).
                        Big Booty Betty - '02 E46 M3 Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by robgill View Post
                          I have also run square CSLs with both TCK DA and Ohlins R&T with to clearance issues. I ran 265/30 on all 4 wheels. Also no issues up front with BBK or 996 Brembos. You do need at least 2-2.5 of camber for it to look right. Agree with post above that another solution would be to machine the backpads if you want less camber. I thought they looked pretty good as is:

Click image for larger version  Name:	36530081084_a7711e93b3_b.jpg Views:	103 Size:	143.7 KB ID:	73655
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	37192802186_3a341ae328_b.jpg Views:	102 Size:	177.9 KB ID:	73656
                          I believe the TCK DA and Ohlins R&T run linear springs. Do you think that running a progressive spring would cause issues running that 19x9.5 with 265/30/19?

Which tires were you running in 265/30/19? I would be looking at using Michelin PS4’s.

I thought about shaving the back pad but still need to perform more research to see if that is safe and possible.

Is the back pad thick on the 19x9.5 wheels? What about the lug hole seed is that area thick or thin?

Your car looks insanely nice and clean in those pics.

Comment

Originally posted by BBB View Post
                            I'm daily driving a square set of rear ZCP/CSL wheels with 265/30 on all corners (Firehawk Indy 500). I also have Stoptech ST40 front BBK (4 piston). I do not have any rubbing issues at full lock (parallel parking, tight U turns, etc). There is also plenty of front BBK clearance. My camber settings are -3 (front) and -2 (rear), and I also rolled the front fenders. No spacers up front, but I do have a 12.5mm in the rear. Hope this helps.
                            Yes that definitely helps. It’s looking like more and more that it would work especially with the camber up front. Question is would Michelin PS4’s pose a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by BBB View Post

My fenders have all been modified. Fronts are rolled, and rears have been professionally shaved. They look 100% OE from the outside, but they've been shaved and re-sealed (versus rolling).
                              So you would require front fender modification for it to work?

Comment

Working...
                              X