Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions on running OE CSL/ZCP 19x9.5 et 27 squared on the e46 M3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not at all. Most that run 9.5 up front run et22. Csl 9.5 is et27, so it's an even easier fit. Neg camber is what's needed, and 265 tire not 275 tho that might just work too
    DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
    /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
    More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by bmw m3 s50 View Post

I believe the TCK DA and Ohlins R&T run linear springs. Do you think that running a progressive spring would cause issues running that 19x9.5 with 265/30/19?

Which tires were you running in 265/30/19? I would be looking at using Michelin PS4’s.

I thought about shaving the back pad but still need to perform more research to see if that is safe and possible.

Is the back pad thick on the 19x9.5 wheels? What about the lug hole seed is that area thick or thin?

Your car looks insanely nice and clean in those pics.
      Thanks! I have run Cups and PS4s with no issues. Also my Ohlins are a progressive spring. I haven't done much research on the back pads so not much to add there.

Comment

Originally posted by robgill View Post

Thanks! I have run Cups and PS4s with no issues. Also my Ohlins are a progressive spring. I haven't done much research on the back pads so not much to add there.
        Did you swap them out to progressive springs? I thought the Ohlins came with linear springs? Even though they look like OEM progressive springs to mate with the stock top hats.
        '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Originally posted by BBB View Post
          I'm daily driving a square set of rear ZCP/CSL wheels with 265/30 on all corners (Firehawk Indy 500). I also have Stoptech ST40 front BBK (4 piston). I do not have any rubbing issues at full lock (parallel parking, tight U turns, etc). There is also plenty of front BBK clearance. My camber settings are -3 (front) and -2 (rear), and I also rolled the front fenders. No spacers up front, but I do have a 12.5mm in the rear. Hope this helps.
          Can you post some pictures of the setup? I like how the fronts look with camber dialed in, but it seems like the rear is sunken in a bit by comparison without a spacer. Would love to see your setup.
          http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
          '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
          '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

I have also run square CSLs with both TCK DA and Ohlins R&T with to clearance issues. I ran 265/30 on all 4 wheels. Also no issues up front with BBK or 996 Brembos. You do need at least 2-2.5 of camber for it to look right. Agree with post above that another solution would be to machine the backpads if you want less camber. I thought they looked pretty good as is:

Click image for larger version

Name:	36530081084_a7711e93b3_b.jpg
Views:	3354
Size:	143.7 KB
ID:	73655
            Click image for larger version

Name:	37192802186_3a341ae328_b.jpg
Views:	3681
Size:	177.9 KB
ID:	73656
            This looks so good, are you running a rear spacer at all?
            http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
            '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
            '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post

This looks so good, are you running a rear spacer at all?
              Yeah 10mm in the rear with cut fenders. On my street car with stock fenders I run a 7.5mm spacer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post

Can you post some pictures of the setup? I like how the fronts look with camber dialed in, but it seems like the rear is sunken in a bit by comparison without a spacer. Would love to see your setup.
                I'll post some pictures in a bit. Even with a 10mm spacer and -2, the rears looked slightly sunken. It might sound crazy, but the extra 2.5mm made an impact.

So you would require front fender modification for it to work?
                When I bought the car, the previous owner was running 265/35/18 on 18x9.5+25. Alignment shop showed -2.5 camber on that setup. The fenders were completely untouched. It did rub very slightly at full lock before I modified the fenders. 265/30/19 is roughly the same overall rolling diameter as 265/35/18 (actually 1mm smaller per willtheyfit).
                Last edited by BBB; 12-22-2020, 05:25 PM.
                Big Booty Betty - '02 E46 M3 Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                  Not at all. Most that run 9.5 up front run et22. Csl 9.5 is et27, so it's an even easier fit. Neg camber is what's needed, and 265 tire not 275 tho that might just work too
                  I thought 19x9.5 with et 30-35 was needed to run up front to be able to fit a 265/30/19 or 275/30/19 tire. I remember running a 19x9.5 with et33 with both a 275/30/19 and 265/30/19 with minor camber and without any issues.

Comment

Is the progressive spring your running the same size as all other progressive springs?

Comment

I'll post some pictures in a bit. Even with a 10mm spacer and -2, the rears looked slightly sunken. It might sound crazy, but the extra 2.5mm made an impact.

When I bought the car, the previous owner was running 265/35/18 on 18x9.5+25. Alignment shop showed -2.5 camber on that setup. The fenders were completely untouched. It did rub very slightly at full lock before I modified the fenders. 265/30/19 is roughly the same overall rolling diameter as 265/35/18 (actually 1mm smaller per willtheyfit).
                      Still would like to see the pics of your car with the wheels.

Comment

I thought 19x9.5 with et 30-35 was needed to run up front to be able to fit a 265/30/19 or 275/30/19 tire. I remember running a 19x9.5 with et33 with both a 275/30/19 and 265/30/19 with minor camber and without any issues.
                        9.5" with et35 is the "easy" fitment that doesn't really require camber up front. But going from et35 to et22 is pushing the wheel out more than half an inch, and it gets trickier. CSL et27 is halfway there.
                        '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3816.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	171.5 KB ID:	74998
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3813.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	204.1 KB ID:	74999
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	image_18923.jpg Views:	5 Size:	170.5 KB ID:	74996

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3808.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	198.5 KB ID:	74997

Couple notes - my garage floor is slightly uneven so the rear wheel gap is bigger in the pictures than it naturally sits. The top of the wheels do not poke front or rear either although it's hard to illustrate that in the photos.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by BBB; 12-23-2020, 09:38 AM. Reason: typos

Comment

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_3816.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	171.5 KB ID:	74998
                            Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_3813.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	204.1 KB ID:	74999
                            Click image for larger version Name:	image_18923.jpg Views:	5 Size:	170.5 KB ID:	74996

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_3808.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	198.5 KB ID:	74997

Couple notes - my garage floor is slightly uneven so the rear wheel gap is bigger in the pictures than it naturally sits. The top of the wheels do not poke front or rear either although it's hard to illustrate that in the photos.

Those 19x9.5’s square setup looks so amazing on the e46 m3. You can definitely see the camber up front.

What suspension are you on?

Your on -3 degrees camber up front?

You think you would have problems with a wider Michelin PS4 265/30/19?

Comment

Thanks man. Yes, -3 front and -2 rear. I'm on some GC coilovers/camber plates that are on the way out. Can't speak for the PS4s, I don't have personal experience with them.

Comment

Originally posted by r4dr View Post
                                Did you swap them out to progressive springs? I thought the Ohlins came with linear springs? Even though they look like OEM progressive springs to mate with the stock top hats.
                                Is the progressive spring your running the same size as all other progressive springs?
                                I have the Ohlins "Road and Track RTR" with progressive springs, stock tops and dinan fixed camber plates. I tried to run 265/35 PS4s and they did rub the spring a tiny bit. 265/30 Cup 2s did not rub.

Comment

Working...
                                X