No announcement yet.

5 Mods you loved / 5 Mods you didn't

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From what ECS has to say the entire CSL exhaust system reduced weight by a total of 11lb, the muffler accounts for 5lbs of the reduced weight.
    I think they used different materials as well as thinner walled pipes, if that is the case (thinner pipes) the people that like a bit of S54 rasp would love the CSL exhaust.
    Going from euro headers/section 1>SS stuff definitely reduced the rasp and I would have to assume it's partly or mainly due to resonance from a thicker walled pipe, at least that's my take.
    2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
    Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
    Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
    RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
    Instagram

Comment

I would love a CSL sect 2 & 3, but can't pay so much for such a small upgrade.
      DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
      /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
      More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Best so far, 3M Crystalline 70 all around. Stock locking and a huge difference in heat rejection. Maybe it's only my car but heat inside is much higher than all other cars I've had.
        Attached Files

Comment

can't really think of 5 but here are some that I liked and didnt like

best:
          engine mounts
          recaro seats
          turner monoball rtab

worst:
          rtd shifter
          poly diff bushings

Comment

I had 12x E46 M3 over the last 15 years, some were track/race cars and some were street cars. Here are my 5 best and worst:

Best:

-Recaro Sportster CS
            -Euro headers & cats
            -Ohlins R&T coilovers
            -Brembo GT bbk
            -4.10 diff

Worst:

-lightweight flywheel
            -spherical bearings rear upper & lower control arms
            -​​​​​​TTFS CSL tune
            -Hard Motorsport composite sunroof panel
            -Seibon CSL trunk
            2001 BMW E46 M3 Laguna Seca / M-Texture 6mt
            2002 BMW E46 M3 Titanium Silver/Black 6mt
            2006 BMW E46 M3 Individual Estoril blue/Black 6mt
            2019 BMW X3 M40i Phytonic blue/Tartufo Individual

Comment

Originally posted by Gt4 View Post
              I had 12x E46 M3 over the last 15 years, some were track/race cars and some were street cars. Here are my 5 best and worst:

-lightweight flywheel
              -spherical bearings rear upper & lower control arms
              -​​​​​​TTFS CSL tune
              -Hard Motorsport composite sunroof panel
              -Seibon CSL trunk
              Noise from the bearings?

I lol'd at seibon, were they ever supposed to be any good? All these pseudo cf companies make me smh, everything is always a compromise. Buy it right and buy it once.

My buddy has a seibon hood and trunk I think on his e60 m5 and that shit is straight trash. Unfortunately none of my taste has rubbed off on him.
              2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post

Noise from the bearings?

I lol'd at seibon, were they ever supposed to be any good? All these pseudo cf companies make me smh, everything is always a compromise. Buy it right and buy it once.

My buddy has a seibon hood and trunk I think on his e60 m5 and that shit is straight trash. Unfortunately none of my taste has rubbed off on him.
                Yeah the sphericals were making noise/were loose with some play after 1 track event… and I could feel the loose/play while driving…

I bought the Seibon CSL trunk used for like 400$ and it was for a dedicated track car. I installed it and 10 minutes after I removed it from the car cause fitment was crap… and it was a dedicated track car LOL, can’t understand people with cheap replica parts on their street/show car…

Comment

Which brand on those so we know to avoid LOL!

That makes sense if it's a track car but damn still after ten minutes hahaa.

All those parts are a waste of money no matter how cheap they appear to be at first glance whereas quality parts at 5x the cost are not, to me at least.
                  2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
                    can't really think of 5 but here are some that I liked and didnt like
                    best:
                    engine mounts
                    recaro seats
                    turner monoball rtab
                    What kind of modified engine mounts did you go with that you liked a lot?
                    6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post
                      Which brand on those so we know to avoid LOL!

That makes sense if it's a track car but damn still after ten minutes hahaa.

All those parts are a waste of money no matter how cheap they appear to be at first glance whereas quality parts at 5x the cost are not, to me at least.
                      I think they were Rogue. But on a side note, the track I destroyed them on is an airport so track is concrete and really rough on tires/bushings/bearings/gears.

Comment

Originally posted by oldFanatic View Post
                        What kind of modified engine mounts did you go with that you liked a lot?
                        On the old m3, the vibra was nice. On my current, I’m running a new oem and that’s been nice too lol

Comment

Best:
                          1. Öhlins TTX 46/40 custom suspension setup
                          2. AP Racing Brakes
                          3. Recaro PP Carbon Leather Seats
                          4. Carbon Airbox (duh)
                          5. Normal E46 Steering Rack swap with Bumpsteer corrected end rods

Worst:
                          1. ChaseBays steering hose kit (by far: leakage, bad heat dissipation. Their support is good, but that does not make up for a bad product)
                          2. 95A Urethane tranny mounts. Feels like the car is desintegrating when lifting of at 5k rpm.
                          3. Li-Ion Battery without BMS (one time out of power and its trash. Replaced with a BMS controlled Li-Ion bateery, no problems since)
                          4. Non dyno generic tune. Just does not feel 100%.
                          5. Empty, will find something in the time to come

Gesendet von meinem LON-L29 mit Tapatalk

Last edited by Altaran; 06-29-2021, 02:30 AM.

Comment

Altaran definitely gonna need some photos of those carbon pole positions.

Comment

Originally posted by Thoglan View Post
                              Altaran definitely gonna need some photos of those carbon pole positions.
                              Here you go. 😉

Comment

Originally posted by Altaran View Post
                                Here you go. 😉

looks awesome. Is that an e92 M3 steering wheel? Does that swap in?

just picked up my e46 and the stock wheel is thin and a little worse for wear. I ran a coby wheel wrapped e92 wheel on my e92 and it was great. Would be nice to run one on the e46 if it fits properly without much trouble.

Comment

Working...
                                X