5 Mods you loved / 5 Mods you didn't

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ragincajun5220 View Post

looks awesome. Is that an e92 M3 steering wheel? Does that swap in?

just picked up my e46 and the stock wheel is thin and a little worse for wear. I ran a coby wheel wrapped e92 wheel on my e92 and it was great. Would be nice to run one on the e46 if it fits properly without much trouble.
    ZCP wheel (for an E46 M3)
    2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
    Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
    Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
    RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
    Instagram

Comment

5 I like
      Bilstein B12 Pro-kit
      Sportline CS.16 CSL replicas
      Avin Avant 4
      Stoptech brakes, rotors, SS lines
      Front & Side Grills (chrome outer; black inner), German flag badges (boot, sides)

5 I dislike
      Tuning Tech Frank Smith (TTFS) CSL tune (totally worthless)
      UUC poly RTABs (squeaky motherfuckers)
      Resler i-Bus adapter (kinda worthless)
      That's really it, guess I don't mod much...

Comment

Originally posted by dr_011 View Post
        Resler i-Bus adapter (kinda worthless)
        Very helpful with the right software.

Mike
        02 M3 Titanium Silver/Black
        11 Tundra SuperWhite/Black
        16 X5

Comment

I Like:
          1. Evolve CF Intake
          2. Supersprint Exhaust (V2 Headers, Race Cats, X-Pipe, Sports Muffler)
          3. Brembo GT BBK
          4. Drexler Motorsport LSD
          5. Karbonius CF Roof
          I could go on and on for the parts i like

I Dislike:
          1. Evolve Canned Tune (stuck with it longer waiting to line up Paul Claude tune for my setup)
          There's nothing I truly dislike on my journey (other than whats above) so far as i have leaned heavily on the learnings from others through the forums and heavy research before diving in to anything myself but I do have a few regrets along the way that I will list:
          • The TMS Sways vs Hotchkis Sways: I don't dislike the TMS Sways but I somewhat regret my decision getting them over the Hitchkis Sways due to overall weight added to the car
          • The Steel Mason Strut Braces vs Aluminium Strut Braces: Again I don't dislike my Steel Mason Strut Braces but i regret the decision I made to go with the Steel ones for the black painted look instead of the Aluminium ones... again due to the weight added to the car
          • The Brembo GT 6pot fronts vs the 4pot fronts: I regret going with the 6pot fronts vs the 4pot fronts as I dont think I will ever reach the limit of performance of the 4pots let alone the 6pots (especially when I also have brake cooling) so the increases complexity of changing the brake pads on the 6pots by having to remove the caliper vs being able to slip them out the back on the 4pots like the rears is a regret
          • My original Mishimoto e-fan controller mounting: I regret having it in the engine bay below the coolant expansion tank for some weird reason and I am way happier I now have it mounted in the ECU box itself
          • I somewhat regret my KW Clubsports... but this is a hard one as due to COVID (job security, lockdowns and what not) I havent really been able to hit the track or any Tarmac Rallies with it. I don't mind them on the street but there is drawbacks and at the moment I am not getting to experience any of the potential positives of them to balance the drawbacks... I also have a niggling feeling that KW V3s may have been better for my cars long term intended use of Tarmac Rally given its basically races on the street instead of nice flat tracks...
          • I somewhat regret the timing of my SuperSprint Exhaust purchase as now the V1 Headers and Cats can suit a RHD so I would have been able to get them and have full advantage of the new twin Sect 2... I only somewhat regret this as I have had some advantages with the V2 setup in being able to swap on my stock cats for the emissions sniffer test when I had issues with my mod cert and swap back to SS Race Cats late... but I am going to re-attempt passing the sniffer test with the SS Cats... If I pass then I will be a bit torn between if I the V1s would be a better option for me or not... if I still fail then the decision is made for me haha

Comment

Some of these are mods I've had on both my E46's as they were too awesome not to do again, and some of these are mods that came with my car that I'd have gone a different route

Like:

1. Carbon Airbox
            2. Recaro Pole Position
            3. AKG DTM Shifter
            4. 3.91 LSD - would prefer a 4.1, but since it came with the car, I'm not complaining. Stock gearing is way too damn long
            5. Lightweight square set of wheels with good tires (Apex w/ 265 re71r)

Dislike:

1. Eibach Street Coilovers - underdamped, stiff, just does not handle bumps well. Car came with it, but planning on replacing with MCS or KW Competition very soon
            2. Streamline CSL rep bumper - fits like trash, mounts in a stupid way
            3. Autosolutions 20% SSK - I know this is a controversial one as everyone seems to love these, but I think it is too stiff/notchy, just personal preference. While its miles better than stock, I much prefer the feel of the AKG solid mounted shifter
            4. AKG diff mounts - another mod done by PO. While I don't mind the diff whine, I could probably do without it.
            5. Rogue RTAB bushings - would prefer spherical

Comment

Originally posted by nuc1 View Post

Very helpful with the right software.

Mike
              what'd ya mean? what other software do i need? so far, resler now makes my PDC squeal for 15 seconds everytime i put it in reverse. it never shows the 'radar' feature when reversing either which is what i really wanted.

it does enable the fog lights when i'm running DRLs, so there's that. otherwise, it offers nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
                On the old m3, the vibra was nice. On my current, I’m running a new oem and that’s been nice too lol
                I never used the Vibra ones. I have GroupN motorsports and also have also used Rogue Engineering's version. Defintely makes engine feel soild and helps response.
                6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

Originally posted by dr_011 View Post

what'd ya mean? what other software do i need? so far, resler now makes my PDC squeal for 15 seconds everytime i put it in reverse. it never shows the 'radar' feature when reversing either which is what i really wanted.

it does enable the fog lights when i'm running DRLs, so there's that. otherwise, it offers nothing.
                  I think we are talking about two different adapters. The original Resler interface is just that: an interface between your laptop and the car’s Ibus. Requires some other software (Navcoder or Arduino code for example) to allow you to communicate.
                  You can grab the codes from the car using Navcoder and then use an Arduino or other microcontroller to do various things. For example, make your iPhone emulate the CD changer. It’s what Ted is doing with his Bluebus. Except the Bluebus is much more elegant.
                  It sounds like you are talking about the newer Resler-type adapter I’ve seen sold recently. I have no real knowledge of them except to say they take all the fun out of hacking the Ibus.

Mike
                  02 M3 Titanium Silver/Black
                  11 Tundra SuperWhite/Black
                  16 X5

Comment

Originally posted by nuc1 View Post
                    I think we are talking about two different adapters.
                    It sounds like you are talking about the newer Resler-type adapter I’ve seen sold recently. I have no real knowledge of them except to say they take all the fun out of hacking the Ibus.
                    Mike
                    Yeah, I'm talking about the one that interfaces with the Avin Avant.

Comment

The good:
                      Rewrapped nappa steering wheel
                      Avin avant 4
                      euro headers and cats
                      Eventuri intake
                      HTE tune
                      Angel eye guy and Osram hid

Dislike:
                      the fitment of my current wheels
                      ecs slotted and drilled rotors
                      cinnamon shift, ebrake, and armrest
                      my Alcantara coby wheel
                      tinted front windshield is too dark.

Comment

Originally posted by DropTopKingM3 View Post
                        The good:

Dislike:
                        Hahaa, I've been a dis-advocate of colored boots and excessive color matching since this car was out. I've never seen those boots improve a car's interior, only detract.

Same opinion regarding tri-color stitch on anything other than the wheel.

2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by DropTopKingM3 View Post
                          The good:
                          Rewrapped nappa steering wheel
                          Avin avant 4
                          euro headers and cats
                          Eventuri intake
                          HTE tune
                          Angel eye guy and Osram hid

Dislike:
                          the fitment of my current wheels
                          ecs slotted and drilled rotors
                          my Alcantara coby wheel
                          tinted front windshield is too dark.
                          If the Coby wheel is a 6spd let me know if you’re interested in selling.

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post

Hahaa, I've been a dis-advocate of colored boots and excessive color matching since this car was out. I've never seen those boots improve a car's interior, only detract.

Hey man your shift boot, e-brake boot and armrest all match your interior LOL
                            2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
                            2005 BMW ///M3
                            ​ Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build ​​
                            2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
                            2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
                            2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post

πŸ˜‚ so nice, I wish I could like it twice! It's so garish
                              2005 6MT TiAg | 1:47.01 @ Laguna Seca
                              ..........................| 1:58.93 @ Sonoma

Comment

Originally posted by Sharocks View Post

Hey man your shift boot, e-brake boot and armrest all match your interior LOL
                                Whoops sorry man just saw your ig.

Sup with that gold foil on your airbox?
                                2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Working...
                                X