DIY Z4 cruise control stalk with ZCP steering wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

You can reenable cruise control on a CSL DME, so maybe you can do the same on a ZCP. Might have to route some wires though.
    Won't even need a DME tweak :P

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
    2012 LMB/Black 128i
    2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

Only if you retrofit a CSL/ZCP MK60 DSC module.
      I did this last year on a non CSL/ZCP. I believe I had to wire it into a relay to convert the signal from ground to 12 or 12 to ground.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ13 View Post
        I have a ZCP and miss having cruise control on long drives. Would love to do this if it’s confirmed that ZCPs can have this working properly.
        Did you ever try this? I have a ZCP and want to do this but I'm not sure if the wiring is the same.
        2006 Interlagos Blue 6MT | PNW
        Fortune Auto | Hotchkis F + R | Racing Dynamics | Auto Solutions SSK | Megan Headers | Supersprint Race | Apex 18x9.5 ET28 | 275 Squared | OEM CSL Trunk | CSL Diffuser | Euro Bumper

Comment

Originally posted by Epsilon View Post
          If you don't like steering wheel buttons, this will completely remove it:

link no longer works. curious what you linked?

Comment

Originally posted by silbergrau137 View Post

Did you ever try this? I have a ZCP and want to do this but I'm not sure if the wiring is the same.
            Unfortunately, no. Been so busy with the silver car that all blue car projects have been put on the back burner.
            Silver Track to Street Car Journal
            Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

BMW sells a kit with the wires to enable cruise on an e46 that didn’t come with it, it works the same for a ZCP car.

The part is 61120016012

Comment

Originally posted by SQ13 View Post
                I have a ZCP and miss having cruise control on long drives. Would love to do this if it’s confirmed that ZCPs can have this working properly.
                It does work on ZCP, 2003+. My 05 ZCP came with the 'normal' steering wheel controls, with cruise functional. I switched back to a ZCP upper trim by just swapping one wire in the green connector on the bottom of the steering wheel. The Previous Owner had the Track Mode button pinned over to a E39 M5 wiper stalk button, like Obioban showed above.

I'm going to replicate this mod, as I want my cruise control!!

Comment

Originally posted by Andratch View Post

It does work on ZCP, 2003+. My 05 ZCP came with the 'normal' steering wheel controls, with cruise functional. I switched back to a ZCP upper trim by just swapping one wire in the green connector on the bottom of the steering wheel. The Previous Owner had the Track Mode button pinned over to a E39 M5 wiper stalk button, like Obioban showed above.

I'm going to replicate this mod, as I want my cruise control!!
                  As long as your ZCP all the cruise control wires (See BMW part 61120016012) and it's functional with the multifunction steering wheel, you should be able to convert back to a ZCP wheel and use the cruise stalk without issue. That is the setup I have in my car.
                  E46 324i k24/dct/turbo Build Thread
                  Phoenix Yellow e46m3 Build Thread

Comment

I just did this over the weekend, THANK YOU for this write up!

if you want to tap into the two wires without cutting, I recommend these…very solid connection.

I did have to trim the bottom inside the lower cover AND the bottom of the the stalk base to get the clearance needed, but I’m not worried about it.

I also just removed the foam/metal piece altogether by cutting the plastic rivets they are popped into, made this a much shorter ordeal.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0887.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	106.2 KB
ID:	243630

Comment

Looks fantastic, nicely done!

Comment

Excellent the info I was looking for!
                        2005 E46 ///M3 Interlagos Blue/Cinnamon

BBS - Recaro - JRZ - PFC - Supersprint - Haimus - Vorshlag - RKP - DMG - Diffsonline - Autosolutions - ​Koyo - Mile End Composites - YFCM - GC

https://www.instagram.com/justanotham4/

Comment

Will this work if i want to only add the cruise control stalk and still keep my MTM button working? Or do you lose the MTM button by adding cruise control?

Comment

Originally posted by CSL_DNA View Post
                            Will this work if i want to only add the cruise control stalk and still keep my MTM button working? Or do you lose the MTM button by adding cruise control?
                            This will keep your MTM button working. You need to use the retrofit kit, BMW part number 61120016012, but then you can follow this guide for everything else.

Comment

Working...
                            X