• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front strut brace

What's everyone running ?
    or is the stock " good enough"
    mostly hard street driving
    2004 M3 Mystic Blue

Stock ends have broken, but there's concern with the way it mounts as well, with 3 "feet" rather than a fully flat surface.

They do their job, as any bar would, really. But can it be improved upon? and Mason/RE/DMG/et al have shown so I believe.
    DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
    /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
    More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Comment

Another Rouge Engineering here, nice piece. Only
        complaint is that it’s more work to remove to work on the engine vs a 3-pc one.

Comment

Any danger to mess up your alignment when you unbolt it?

Comment

Originally posted by rbg View Post
            No, there's a pin that sets camber in place.
            This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
            https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

Originally posted by rbg View Post
              So long as you don't jack it up, there's enough friction to keep the struts from moving.
              '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

Anybody have any input on how much of a difference a strut bar makes on our vehicles? I have an early 01 pre LCI with no strut bar and have been eying the Rogue Engineering bar as my car starts too see more action.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalFlushness View Post
                  Anybody have any input on how much of a difference a strut bar makes on our vehicles? I have an early 01 pre LCI with no strut bar and have been eying the Rogue Engineering bar as my car starts too see more action.
                  I personally didn't notice any difference. But I also didn't want to drop $300-$400 on a bar and just picked up a megan racing one for $75. Gets the job done and allows for adjustment of camber plates. One day I'll splurge on the DMG eye candy.

Comment

That DMG Pro-46 R is a nice piece. Pricey, but its evident where the $ is going. $745 with the clearcoat 😬

The Removable 3 piece option of the Pro-46 strut brace. Item is identical in every way to the original Pro-46 Brace that fits ALL BMW e46/ e46m3 models other than the added feature of removability in regards to the center section that resides over the top of the engine. Price increase is not simply reflective of the up
                    '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

Let’s be honest, you want new strut bar for looks lol. Even if it did make a difference, you won’t feel it or be able to prove it’s a performance upgrade over stock

I like stock bar the best. Doesn’t look out of place.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby22 View Post
                        Let’s be honest, you want new strut bar for looks lol. Even if it did make a difference, you won’t feel it or be able to prove it’s a performance upgrade over stock

I agree the stock one looks pretty darn good. Too bad the Turner box runs into it. I have a Dinan one and it just doesn't do it for me.
                        This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
                        https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

Originally posted by Toby22 View Post

I was disappointed with my 'vert's shimmy after owning a coupe - getting the top of the RACP reinforced really stiffened up the backend (and a 'vert is arguably already better than a coupe due to the fixed rear seat) - but that made the frontend shimmy more noticeable. Replacing the 'decorative' original strut brace with a good one was definitely noticeable on a vert. Made it more than livable in the handling dept.

The genuine strut brace is a piece of crap. The bar is a flimsy bit of rolled sheet metal with a crease in the middle to boot! You can flex it with your bare hands. Purely for show.

Comment

Originally posted by poss View Post

I was disappointed with my 'vert's shimmy after owning a coupe - getting the top of the RACP reinforced really stiffened up the backend (and a 'vert is arguably already better than a coupe due to the fixed rear seat) - but that made the frontend shimmy more noticeable. Replacing the 'decorative' original strut brace with a good one was definitely noticeable on a vert. Made it more than livable in the handling dept.

The genuine strut brace is a piece of crap. The bar is a flimsy bit of rolled sheet metal with a crease in the middle to boot! You can flex it with your bare hands. Purely for show.
                            Riiight

Comment

The strut bar that came on my car came broken - it was one of those carbon fiber ones - I ended up picking up an OEM one from a forum member here. I can't say I noticed too much difference...at least on the street.
                              E46 324i k24/dct/turbo Build Thread
                              Phoenix Yellow e46m3 Build Thread

Comment

Working...
                              X