Agreed upon value insurance policies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by freshprince2421 View Post
    American Collectors denied my application. Went with Hagerty and process was seamless. $83/month for both E46 M3's ($35k & $25K valuations)
    $83 each, or for both?
    Old, not obsolete.

Comment

Originally posted by D-O View Post

$83 each, or for both?
      Total for both cars .., $300k/$100k

Comment

Bumping this thread - has anyone here ever had to file a claim through Grundy? Curious to hear what that was like before I pull the trigger.

Comment

Originally posted by T-Rex View Post
          Bumping this thread - has anyone here ever had to file a claim through Grundy? Curious to hear what that was like before I pull the trigger.
          I filed my first claim with Grundy / Phly last month after 5 or 6 years with them. Just a glass claim after the windshield on my E39 M5 got busted by a large bird (an eagle I thought -- it flew right away after destroying my glass)

No issues whatsoever, paid in full. Got OE BMW glass, even the expensive upgraded IR/UV climate comfort variant through the shop of my choice. I had low expectations given that it's about 30% of the cost of Hagerty

Comment

Originally posted by repoman89 View Post

I filed my first claim with Grundy / Phly last month after 5 or 6 years with them. Just a glass claim after the windshield on my E39 M5 got busted by a large bird (an eagle I thought -- it flew right away after destroying my glass)

No issues whatsoever, paid in full. Got OE BMW glass, even the expensive upgraded IR/UV climate comfort variant through the shop of my choice. I had low expectations given that it's about 30% of the cost of Hagerty
            That's fantastic, thanks for the quick reply! Their quote was ~35% of Hagerty, which raised my eyebrows for sure. That said, I am done paying a king's ransom for two cars that combined get fewer than 5k added per year.

Comment

Sounds like I need to look into Grundy — recently renewed with Hagerty and they upped my rates quite a bit for no reason even though by their own valuation tools my cars values are dropping…

Comment

All insurance rates have gone up, classic and all others. Cost of parts, skilled labor, inflation, etc means it costs more to repair and replace cars.

I just got a 2024 VW GTI two months ago and my rate is going up over $200 yearly at renewal time, only two months after my initial quote.. this is not a classic car policy but the increase is for the same reasons…

Comment

I recently made a glass claim thru Grundy. They tried to replace it with aftermarket glass, but the glass guy I went to was able to get them to cover the cost of an OE replacement. Wasn’t able to get the IR glass though. The process was very simple.

Grundy is significantly cheaper than Hagerty for me, about 1/4 of the price ($0 deductible vs $1k too), and the rates haven’t changed over the last three years. Hagerty pricing is fucking stupid now…even their track day insurance would cost over $1k for a weekend while others are charging $250-400.
                  Silver Track to Street Car Journal
                  Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

Just renewed Grundy. No rate change past three years and half the cost of Hagerty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X