No announcement yet.

CSL Diffuser options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just ordered one from euromotorsport a week ago. I’ll add pics to the thread when it arrives

Comment

Took exactly 2 weeks to get here from date of purchase, in a shitty looking box but inside it was well wrapped. After a quick 5 minute install the fitment was honestly very impressive straight out of the box with no modifications.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by M3Hokie View Post
        Took exactly 2 weeks to get here from date of purchase, in a shitty looking box but inside it was well wrapped. After a quick 5 minute install the fitment was honestly very impressive straight out of the box with no modifications.
        Nice! Link please.

Comment

1 piece CSL Look rear diffuser in box. BMW E46 M3 Coupe 2001-2006. BMW E46 M3 Convertible 2001-2006. Real high quality and authentic 3D Carbon Fiber with UV coated and protected. All of our carbon fiber products are made with consistent weave on these parts combined with professional clear coating.

Comment

Originally posted by M3Hokie View Post
            Thanks. Prices have gone up the last couple of years for Chinese ones lol

As long as the fitment is good still a bargain compared to others.

Comment

Originally posted by 0-60motorsports View Post

Thanks. Prices have gone up the last couple of years for Chinese ones lol

As long as the fitment is good still a bargain compared to others.
              I saw some Chinese ones that were almost half that price but the consenses seems to be that if you want a chance at good fitment that’s the way to go lol

Comment

Adding a screenshot of the listing + seller info since ebay links expire and it sucks to hit bad links when you're researching.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2023-04-20 at 1.34.49 PM.png
Views:	504
Size:	350.1 KB
ID:	214650
                Attached Files
                '02 ///M3 Alpine White / Cinnamon 6MT

Comment

Finally got my Burkhart Engineering (happybuyitnow / Amoeba Wings) diffuser installed. Love it. The paint shop nailed the paint lines.

The install is about as janky as it gets. Those metal tabs are just an absolute joke. But it's on... With some massaging, I was able to get it lined up nearly perfect everywhere. Side to side gap is good and the top edge of the diffuser is flush with the rear bumper face. I'm happyiboughtit.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20230619_150514-01.jpg Views:	0 Size:	105.7 KB ID:	222852
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20230619_150545-01.jpg Views:	0 Size:	104.4 KB ID:	222853
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20230619_150729-01.jpg Views:	0 Size:	162.8 KB ID:	222856
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20230619_150631-01.jpg Views:	0 Size:	126.9 KB ID:	222854
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20230619_150252_Bokeh-01.jpg Views:	0 Size:	110.5 KB ID:	222855

Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

I don't want to rain on your parade, but on the 3rd pic it looks like the curve of the mask is not really uniform. Like it looks like it comes in a little

(The masking on mine left something to be desired too so maybe I'm projecting)
                    http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
                    '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
                    '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

I think it's the pic. The mask lines are straight. Even if they were crooked, no worries, my parade goes on rain or shine.

Comment

Originally posted by Casa de Mesa View Post
                        I think it's the pic. The mask lines are straight. Even if they were crooked, no worries, my parade goes on rain or shine.
                        Your body shop really worked some black magic on this one lol. By repainting it, they made the wave or bowed appearance of the ridge (where the paint line is located) much less noticeable. It makes it hard to get a straight paint line on these diffusers when the ridge is not clearly defined. I assume that is why the manufacturer puts the paint line in the incorrect location.

Rear end looks great with the bootlid and diffuser!
                        Last edited by Slideways; 06-23-2023, 07:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slideways View Post

Your body shop really worked some black magic on this one lol. By repainting it, they made the wave or bowed appearance of the ridge (where the paint line is located) much less noticeable. It makes it hard to get a straight paint line on these diffusers when the ridge is not clearly defined. I assume that is why the manufacturer puts the paint line in the incorrect location.

Rear end looks great with the bootlid and diffuser!
                          Thank you! This was the missing link for a while, feels good to finally have it on the car.

The shop that painted it are the same ones that painted the car (Vintage Restoration). They turn out some pretty interesting, high end projects. They primarily work on classics, and a lot of custom fabbed restomod type stuff. Think chopped roofs, old school English wheels, etc. Their painter is a talented guy and a perfectionist. I really like how it turned out.

Comment

Maybe I'm tripping but this is the part I was seeing. Could just be the angle though!
                            Attached Files
                            http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
                            '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
                            '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Shoot. I'll probably never be able to sell the car on BaT now.

Not sure what to say other than here's another vantage point that's not picking up reflecting light from the outdoors as much. Best I could do without being at the car.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20230619_150718-01.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	223336

Comment

Color looks great - I'll never get tired of it. Glad to hear you're happy with it.

Here's a recent install of the 1:1 CSL carbon diffuser that was delivered color matched.

Click image for larger version  Name:	AED8C5A3-7EE0-4805-B100-5763DB9B95F1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	100.8 KB ID:	223412
                                Click image for larger version  Name:	7B9116C3-6CB0-41C8-8956-20D1F10D5699.jpg Views:	0 Size:	101.7 KB ID:	223413

Comment

Working...
                                X