No announcement yet.

CSL Diffuser options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow that looks terrible.... i guess lesson learned don’t get a non-happybuyitnow one from eBay. There doesn’t even look to be any tabs or mounting options for the top portion of the diffuser either. Thanks for being the guinea pig

Comment

And be aware that all things are not great from happybuyitnow. I bought a gloss black front lip from them. The fitment was pretty good so I did install it but the gloss black "paint", if that is want you to call it, was just horrible. Horrible. Not a big deal as I immediately stripped it and repainted before install.
      3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Just received my Happybuyitnow diffuser today, for the cost the paint/weave are pretty good, the fitment is a 7/10 in my opinion.
        It fits flush in that there isn't any portion (like the middle) that sticks out anymore than the side portions. The main fitment issue is the width, this diffuser is a bit too small width wise.
        If I move it all the way to the left I have a noticeable gap on the right and vice versa. When centered there is a larger than factory gap on either side but acceptable with cost in mind in my opinion.
        I should have taken photos of the metal mounting strips before I installed it, basically instead of the factory molded in clip type pieces on the OE diffuser, this diffuser has little metal straps that insert into the mounting slots and then you bend the metal strips down to lock it into place.
        The outer most metal mounting strips were put too far out to the edges of the diffuser and thus they are not able to go into the outer most factory mounting points on the vehicle, they are useless.
        This isn't good, but that being said even without them doing anything once the lower plastic push rivets are in place it seems solidly mounted, I don't think it's going anywhere.
        How long those metal strips will last in the way of repeated dismounting/mounting time will tell.
        ​​
        All in all and taking cost into the equation of course I am satisfied with this product, so far.

This first photo shows the metal mounting strip, and the red arrow points to where it should be, this is the case on both sides.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	20210308_203613.jpg Views:	0 Size:	128.0 KB ID:	90144 Click image for larger version  Name:	20210308_204225.jpg Views:	0 Size:	152.5 KB ID:	90145 Click image for larger version  Name:	20210308_204112.jpg Views:	0 Size:	115.0 KB ID:	90146 Click image for larger version  Name:	20210308_204304.jpg Views:	0 Size:	68.2 KB ID:	90147 Click image for larger version  Name:	20210308_190751.jpg Views:	0 Size:	63.6 KB ID:	90148 Click image for larger version  Name:	20210308_190803.jpg Views:	0 Size:	206.4 KB ID:	90149 Click image for larger version  Name:	20210308_190818.jpg Views:	0 Size:	198.4 KB ID:	90150 Click image for larger version  Name:	20210308_202108.jpg Views:	0 Size:	136.7 KB ID:	90151
        Last edited by Cubieman; 03-08-2021, 06:08 PM.
        2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
        Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
        Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
        RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
        Instagram

Comment

Here are a few ground level shots:

(I feel like this gamble may have payed off, but time will tell..)
          Click image for larger version  Name:	20210308_211104.jpg Views:	0 Size:	178.4 KB ID:	90154 Click image for larger version  Name:	20210308_211117.jpg Views:	0 Size:	164.9 KB ID:	90155 Click image for larger version  Name:	20210308_211122.jpg Views:	0 Size:	151.0 KB ID:	90156

Instagram

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	C84C5DF4-C355-43C8-97FB-7234E71EB12A.jpeg
Views:	658
Size:	128.2 KB
ID:	90185 I think it looks and fits great. My tekarbon one has the same metal tabs and I’ve removed mine about a half dozen times and still no issues.

as far as the tabs on the far end, i bent it like the highlighted yellow

Comment

Originally posted by antknee View Post
              Click image for larger version

Name:	C84C5DF4-C355-43C8-97FB-7234E71EB12A.jpeg
Views:	658
Size:	128.2 KB
ID:	90185 I think it looks and fits great. My tekarbon one has the same metal tabs and I’ve removed mine about a half dozen times and still no issues.

as far as the tabs on the far end, i bent it like the highlighted yellow
              Nice to hear, I eneded up doing the same things with the end tabs and at least they do grab something a little bit bent sideways.

Instagram

Comment

Looks great
                DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by ej257 View Post
                  I've been looking to pick a CSL rear diffuser and was planning to go with Mile End Composites but it looks like he's unable to continue to produce these/NLA (based on his most recent IG comment).

Other than OEM, what other options has everyone been satisfied with, fitment/quality wise?
                  Mile End Composites are local to me (Montreal). I will have a chat with them.

Comment

Looks like a pretty good fit.
                    ordered one last week, said it would be here in 5 days. really???!!
                    recieved second email, now shipping april/may.
                    good old Ebay...
                    2004 M3 Mystic Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Epoustouflant View Post

Mile End Composites are local to me (Montreal). I will have a chat with them.
                      Last I heard they aren’t in production because their mold gave out.
                      2005 ///M3 6MT Coupe Imola/M-Texture

Build Thread

Instagram

Comment

Post #54 is referring to happybuyitnow.
                        saw posts regarding the tabs dislocated, sent an email informing them of the issue.
                        See if it does any good.
                        Will let you know in a couple of months.....
                        2004 M3 Mystic Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Inizes View Post

Last I heard they aren’t in production because their mold gave out.
                          They need to make an aluminum mold if that's the case. They probably didn't because of low projected ROI. If we can get them volume, I don't see why a CNC'ed mold wouldn't make sense.

That's where we can leverage the Connex to get this into production again.

Comment

I have Burkhard

BMW E46 M3 CSL Style Heckdiffusor aus Echtcarbon ersetzt den originalen Heckdiffusor echtes Carbon verstärkt mit GFK passgenau original Befestigungspunkte

Comment

Well, I will have to say "holy crap", ordered my diffuser from happybuyitnow on the second of this month, and it just arrived now (the 9th). Quality looks really good. Color looks a real good match(Mystic Blue). Don't know about fit yet, will attack that within the next couple of days.
                              Have to say again, so far impressed !! Live on east coast, delivered in fairly sturdy box, with sufficient packing inside.
                              2004 M3 Mystic Blue

Comment

For post number 51 you could always fiberglass your own little metal tab in if you wish to
                                2004 M3 Mystic Blue

Comment

Working...
                                X