• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bump?

Comment

Any update? Definitely interested. Take my money. lol

Comment

Good timing, I finally have some news. We 3D-printed a cross-section of the rotor assembly as we had it designed. I test fit it on my car with two setups: stock caliper with ZCP/CSL bracket (special thanks to Bimmerworld for lending us one) and my Freakyparts Brembo caliper setup. I've attached some photos if anyone is curious.

We did this test-fit with these setups for a few reasons. First, there was an unknown variable in terms of where the caliper spring clip sat relative to the hardware on our hat. We best-guessed it, but wanted to see it on the car before we made anything out of metal. Second, the D1001 pad shape in the Megane caliper is one of the tallest pads out of the setups that people run with ZCP rotors. If the pad material + backing plate clear the hat with an acceptable amount of clearance with this setup, we're confident that the other options (Porsche calipers, specifically) will have no issue as well.

Everything checked out, and the prototype assemblies are being manufactured. The hats will be heading to our anodizer this week and I should have a pair of rotors to share with you guys in 2-3 weeks' time. I appreciate everyone's patience on this, but it seems like we are finally getting somewhere. I've had this brake kit sitting in my garage since Black Friday of 2020, so I'm happy to be installing it.

We're partnering with Bimmerworld to launch this product, and as part of that deal they will have dibs on the first production run. I'll post back here with pics of the prototype rotors along with the final pricing and technical specs soon. Let me know if anyone has any questions!
        Attached Files
        '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Are you guys launching the front kit 1st then the rear?
          Formally SWRTstang_M3 on M3forum.net with a join date of 07/2004

Comment

Originally posted by SWRT_M3 View Post
            Are you guys launching the front kit 1st then the rear?
            Yes. To be honest, we want to see if the demand for the front justifies the demand for the rear. It will take some creativity to engineer a solution that makes use of the limited space back there, so we wanted to test the waters with some front rotors first.

That being said... I definitely want matching rears for my car.

Comment

Fresh off the mill. Now just waiting for the hats to come back from anodizing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8115.jpg
Views:	415
Size:	108.8 KB
ID:	173260
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by r4dr View Post

Looks sick. Any idea the weight difference between these and stock or ZCP rotors?
                Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Originally posted by EthanolTurbo View Post

Looks sick. Any idea the weight difference between these and stock or ZCP rotors?
                  I'll have some weights once the hats come back. We weighed the ZCP rotors that we took measurements off as well.

Comment

Any idea on time frame for these? I am ordering the freaky parts kit and would love to buy a set of these over OEM if I can hold off til these come to fruition

Comment

Originally posted by fullyflaredd View Post
                      Any idea on time frame for these? I am ordering the freaky parts kit and would love to buy a set of these over OEM if I can hold off til these come to fruition
                      Prototypes will be test fit this week. Full assemblies available in 3-4 weeks, and I imagine Bimmerworld will start pre selling soon.

Comment

How did the prototypes turn out? I can test fit a set on rally road/996 calipers.

Comment

Originally posted by kk2 View Post
                          How did the prototypes turn out? I can test fit a set on rally road/996 calipers.
                          Being closed on Fridays plus the long holiday weekend bumped things back, but the shipment from our anodizer with these hats is showing up tomorrow. Can't wait to see them!

Comment

Some teaser pics, fits great. I'm going to take the official product photos tomorrow and put the initial production orders in.

Note that the hardware is not correct for assembly, this was just to bolt them together for the test fit.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Are the dimensions still 345x28?

Comment

Originally posted by r4dr View Post

I'd love a post on how brake rotors are made

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                                2012 LMB/Black 128i
                                2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Working...
                                X