No announcement yet.

Quietest and best performance exhaust.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've always loved https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJ0CqmTDfa8 setup. Probably not quiet, but deep rumble and good tone.

Comment

Originally posted by eXpensiveGears View Post
      I've always loved https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJ0CqmTDfa8 setup. Probably not quiet, but deep rumble and good tone.
      El Diablo, definitely not quiet but I do love the tone at full song

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Sounds great. And still like that 10 years later? Video says 10 years ago.

Comment

I'd like to see actual back-to-back dyno testing on a section 3. While I have no doubt a straight 2.5" pipe will probably make more power (3-5hp maybe?), I bet it will make way more sound. I think people chasing the last ounce of performance out of their cars will see a better advantage in weight loss than the HP gain.
          E46 324i k24/dct/turbo Build Thread
          Phoenix Yellow e46m3 Build Thread

Comment

A few years ago I back to back dyno'd a Scorpion, no muffler and stock Sec3.

Car made:
            282 - Scorpion
            293 - No muffler
            297 - Stock S3.

****I just re-looked at my notes and I remembered the numbers wrong, these are the correct numbers. The split is essentially the same, but the exact output was smidge off.
            Last edited by George Hill; 04-05-2021, 02:45 AM.
            '00 R11S, '09 HP2S, '12 R12GSA, '00 Gray 332iT (SOLD), '00 Black 323iT, '02 Alpine 325iT (Track Wagon), '02 Japan Rot 325iT
            Instagram @HillPerformanceBimmers
            Email to George@HillPerformance.com

Comment

Originally posted by George Hill View Post
              A few years ago I back to back dyno'd a Scorpion, no muffler and stock Sec3.

Car made:
              284 - Scorpion
              296 - No muffler
              300 - Stock S3.
              My butt dyno agrees with this. I currently have a Billy boat sec 3 on my car and it doesn’t have that kick it once had. I drove a few other stock m3 convertibles similar to mine and they all had that “kick”. The BB felt like it blew the flame out.

Cant wait to finally get this low mileage oem exhaust put on with the euro tips. I’m gonna do a full exhaust refresh with euro headers, euro sec 1, all new nuts/bolts/gaskets, and new o2 sensors. She’ll feel very healthy 🙏

Comment

DropTopKingM3 is there a part # for euro tips? My searches are pulling up nothing- would like to explore this

Edit: I see them on Ebay now.
                Last edited by Doost; 04-05-2021, 04:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Doost View Post
                  DropTopKingM3 is there a part # for euro tips? My searches are pulling up nothing- would like to explore this

Edit: I see them on Ebay now.
                  Correct, they’re on eBay. I believe the same guy sells them in the e46 Facebook group as well. They’re a nice add-on if you want to maintain the oem sound.

Comment

Originally posted by DropTopKingM3 View Post
                    Avusbluem3 Thank you! Cant wait to get this thing mounted. You know you’re getting old when you look forward to reinstalling a factory sec 3 ahah!

Here’s some pics of the oem exhaust with the euro tips. I hope he doesn’t mind me using the pics he sent me originally.
                    Those tips look awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Drewrivera View Post

Sounds great. And still like that 10 years later? Video says 10 years ago.
                      not sure? I've tried to find updates from the YT account but nothing. I assume it sounds good today?

Comment

I bought my car with an El Diablo ... it had that character even with the stock midpipes. It’s certainly my favorite muffler sound I’ve heard on these cars, as in it actually sounds good and not basically crap unless blended with an intake. Unfortunately it was way too loud and droned significantly at highway speeds, and apparently it robs power.

Comment

So if stock flows well and someone is after weight savings, then OE CSL section 3? ECS claims 5lb difference (link). Kinda pricey for 5lbs. But adding lightness can get expensive.
                          Last edited by Will; 04-15-2021, 10:16 AM. Reason: Add link to ECS product page.

Comment

Originally posted by Will View Post
                            So if stock flows well and someone is after weight savings, then OE CSL section 3? ECS claims 5lb difference (link). Kinda pricey for 5lbs. But adding lightness can get expensive.
                            I'd frame it differently, it's more you'd be paying $$ for an OEM muffler rather than paying $$ for minor weight savings. The regular M3 muffler seems to be even worse from a cost perspective.

2012 E92 M3 Competition - LeMans Blue / Speed Cloth - 6MT
                            [SOLD] 2004 E46 M3 Coupe - Carbon Black / Black - 6MT

Comment

Yeah I was going to say that's actually pretty cheap for an OE CSL part and similar or cheaper price to most quality mufflers out there. I'd buy one if I didn't already have a regular stock one and a bunch of better $/lb weight saving mods to do first.

Comment

Does anyone know the Db rating of the Dinan?

Comment

Working...
                                X