No announcement yet.

Quietest and best performance exhaust.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see myself putting a dump into sect 2 before trying yet another muffler. Seems like the best solution, esp for a car with headers (catless always sounds better imo).
    DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
    /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
    More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by oldFanatic View Post
      The Billy Boat is pretty loud. Many of the loud USA versions are not TUV approved for sound. So they make them loud.
      Going from Billy Boat to SuperSprint “Street” I’m almost afraid would be such a change OP might be unhappy with that big a drop.
      I would be relieved tbh. I drove around in my friends M3 convertible with the factory exhaust and it was a pleasure to drive. The Billy Boat exhaust was fine when I bought my car 16 years ago at age 25. Now I'm 41 and I'm over it lol.

A local was nice enough to reach out and offer me his OEM exhaust with the euro tips installed. I'll be meeting up with him this weekend. I may end up doing the Rogue Engineering section 2 with the electronic valve for whenever I want my car to scream. As mentioned above I can have the best of both worlds but worried about the rasp I may get when the valve is closed and there's no resonator.
      Last edited by DropTopKingM3; 03-10-2021, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Tonggi Thanks for the response! I have headers, highflow cats in section 1, stock section 2, and AA muffler. The raspy sound is growing on me- but at first I thought something was broken when I got on the gas. Was thinking of adding section two resonated X pipe to see what that would do for things.

Comment

Originally posted by Doost View Post
          Tonggi Thanks for the response! I have headers, highflow cats in section 1, stock section 2, and AA muffler. The raspy sound is growing on me- but at first I thought something was broken when I got on the gas. Was thinking of adding section two resonated X pipe to see what that would do for things.
          I think the Stepped and oversized pipes def hide some of the rasp. I know the original SS reps and SS long tube as well as the Megan/Euro headers were raspy as heck. I was jus tlik eyou. when I first installed them i felt something was broken!

Comment

Originally posted by DropTopKingM3 View Post
            I would be relieved tbh. I drove around in my friends M3 convertible with the factory exhaust and it was a pleasure to drive. The Billy Boat exhaust was fine when I bought my car 16 years ago at age 25. Now I'm 41 and I'm over it lol.
            Yeah over my years I’ve had my share of loud exhausts don’t get me wrong. It’s just something you totally do when you’re in 20’s just like you said. It’s just an attention getter you don’t want after a while and cabin drone not worth it. Not to mention the “police activator” sound.
            Good luck with the stock muffler. I have a feeling you won’t have a desire for a cut out. The RE sect 2 probably all you’ll need to change stock tone.

6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

Avusbluem3 Thank you! Cant wait to get this thing mounted. You know you’re getting old when you look forward to reinstalling a factory sec 3 ahah!

Here’s some pics of the oem exhaust with the euro tips. I hope he doesn’t mind me using the pics he sent me originally.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by DropTopKingM3; 03-15-2021, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DropTopKingM3 View Post
                Avusbluem3 Thank you! Cant wait to get this thing mounted. You know you’re getting old when you look forward to reinstalling a factory sec 3 ahah!

Here’s some pics of the oem exhaust with the euro tips. I hope he doesn’t mind me using the pics he sent me originally.
                Those tips look great!

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo's M View Post
                  The Dinan could be the best sounding/performing muffler of all time, but the dummy side is an absolute deal breaker in my eyes. Seeing exhaust coming from only one side of a two sided design...especially in humid weather... it's so....
                  My dreams just got crushed reading that the Dinan only flowed on one side. My mind was basically made up that I was going with Dinan. I'm leaning Stock now with headers. SS if I can afford it. Any leads on where to source the Euro-Tips?
                  Last edited by jdamore44; 03-16-2021, 07:43 AM.

Comment

Euro tips are made by Emitek iirc. I can find the website, but it's something like that. Maybe that points you in the right direction.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                      Euro tips are made by Emitek iirc. I can find the website, but it's something like that. Maybe that points you in the right direction.
                      These maybe?

2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Those look like them, but could be another brand, no idea. I just have the name Emitek or emotek in my mind, and they had a website.

Comment

I have the OG status Gruppe exhaust with the Rasp pipes is nice and subdued/drone free for cruising but gets loud as hell when you’re flooring it. Just doesn’t change pitch too much 8k rpms sounds more like 4K just louder and lower pitched.

in all honesty I like the stock sound of these cars the older I get. I’d have just modified the tips of the stock one but my car came with the exhaust already installed lol.
                          Last edited by Redline; 03-16-2021, 08:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Redline View Post
                            I have the OG status Gruppe exhaust with the Rasp pipes is nice and subdued/drone free for cruising but gets loud as hell when you’re flooring it. Just doesn’t change pitch too much 8k rpms sounds more like 4K just louder and lower pitched.

in all honesty I like the stock sound of these cars the older I get. I’d have just modified the tips of the stock one but my car came with the exhaust already installed lol.
                            Is that the SG muffler that looks like two large resonators? Not the SCZA? I have that one too, maybe it's my oversized catless headers but with section 1 rasp pipes it drones like crazy below 3k. But it sounds amazing flat out.
                            '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Originally posted by jdamore44 View Post
                              My dreams just got crushed reading that the Dinan only flowed on one side. My mind was basically made up that I was going with Dinan. I'm leaning Stock now with headers. SS if I can afford it. Any leads on where to source the Euro-Tips?
                              it's actually a very elegant design and appears to be the best flowing because of it. i'm personally amazed how they were able to make it not overly loud.

i think their mistake was adding the dummy tips. imo it would have been much more widely accepted if they'd left it out. as much as enthusiasts claim to care only about performance, there is a certain level of vanity involved in decision making
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by usdmej View Post
                                i think their mistake was adding the dummy tips. imo it would have been much more widely accepted if they'd left it out. as much as enthusiasts claim to care only about performance, there is a certain level of vanity involved in decision making
                                I often wonder if they hadn’t mentioned the left side doesn’t flow, the percentage of owners not ever knowing. Or how long it would take to notice.
                                6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

Working...
                                X