No announcement yet.

Garage lift recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I meant they were easier because you just drive on. At least with my bendpack, to actually get it on to the 2 post I had to jack the car and lower it onto blocks, so the arms could get under. Getting the car on or off the lift was 10-15 min on each end of the project. With the 4 post I just drive on and lift. If Iā€™m wheels off, it takes ~5 min to get the quick jacks under.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
    2012 LMB/Black 128i
    2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

I plan on doing exactly with Obioban did! just ordered my quickjacks and had my garage door raised with new side mount motors.. Floors and paint are next, then the lift will be ordered.

Instagram: @_Frank_Stone_

Comment

this chick has a cool setup with the wheels.

Official social media:My Website: http://thehappylink.womandriven.com/ - O F link šŸ„µInstagram: https://www.instagram.com/woman.driven/*Jump Starter Battery B...
        2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
        2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
        2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

I have the wheels. I use them to move the lift to the other side of the garage when I clean the floors. I don't know if I would be comfortable wheeling around a car on those. I don't think that is their intended use. Maybe I am wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxima SE View Post
            this chick has a cool setup with the wheels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPEODrFsADQ
            Yeah, casters come with every lift.
            BMW / E46M Interior & Trim Restoration.
            https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/c...ch-restoration

Comment

No advise to give.

Just clicked to mention that I hate all of you with the ceiling height to install a lift lol

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

Taking the e36 for a spin is no brief task
                Haha, yeah, usually the convertible sits there in the winter.
                BMW / E46M Interior & Trim Restoration.
                https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/c...ch-restoration

Comment

Originally posted by R1pilot View Post
                  No advise to give.

Just clicked to mention that I hate all of you with the ceiling height to install a lift lol
                  Ha. Currently designing a garage and choosing the ceiling height. 10 or 12 feet? šŸ¤”

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                  2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

Ha. Currently designing a garage and choosing the ceiling height. 10 or 12 feet? šŸ¤”
                    12, for when you buy that SUV/SAV you may have swore you'd never buy....
                    '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

Yeah, I meant they were easier because you just drive on. At least with my bendpack, to actually get it on to the 2 post I had to jack the car and lower it onto blocks, so the arms could get under. Getting the car on or off the lift was 10-15 min on each end of the project. With the 4 post I just drive on and lift. If Iā€™m wheels off, it takes ~5 min to get the quick jacks under.
                      Can certainly see the frustration with that. OP was smart to think about and measure his minimum ground clearance.

Another 4 post advantage - the installation is easier without needing to consider slab thickness, drill and sink expanding anchors, and then shim everything to plumb.
                      '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

Originally posted by jbfrancis3 View Post

12, for when you buy that SUV/SAV you may have swore you'd never buy....
                        I had a suburban for years.

... it lived outside.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                        2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

I had a suburban for years.

... it lived outside.
                          They need maintenance too!

Comment

Originally posted by jbfrancis3 View Post

They need maintenance too!
                            That's why we sold it. Was seeing ~100 miles/year of use, and still needed upkeep.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                            2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

Right at 3.5 without rubber condom
                              Attached Files

Comment

Figured I'd show off my dad's new setup ... he just got a two-post Bendpak GP-7LC. Now that I see Ian's setup, I think I would opt for a four-post w/ quick jacks if I get a house/small garage of my own, but I think the two-post works well for what we/my dad uses it for here. Basically just oil changes, regular maintenance but also being able to do brakes/swap wheels without breaking out the quick jacks, throwing the arms under the car is easier. When not in use you just don't pull the car in so much and you hardly notice the lift being there, though the 4er seems easy too.

Click image for larger version

Name:	12928662-C31F-4DF1-9F8B-65A2AA995D11_1_201_a.jpeg
Views:	416
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	94243

Comment

Working...
                                X