Engine Cycle Suggestions - Emissions Rejected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by martin.oconnor View Post

I used this approach a few days ago and it succeeded in getting my catalyst and heated-catalyst tests into readiness.

(Driving at 55mph in the slow lane was a revelation. There appears to be a large class of people who actually do it full time.)

Still having issues with evaporation and secondary air tests, but that is another story.
    SAP will only go ready on a cold start. EVAP had to be less than 3/4 tank to go ready.

I wes able to pass in MD without EVAP going ready.

Comment

Originally posted by eacmen View Post

SAP will only go ready on a cold start. EVAP had to be less than 3/4 tank to go ready.

I wes able to pass in MD without EVAP going ready.
      Yup - my tank was 100% full so the preconditions for that test were not met.

In CA, all modules have to be in the ready state to pass.

Comment

Originally posted by martin.oconnor View Post
        In CA, all modules have to be in the ready state to pass.
        Evap is not needed to pass in CA, just fyi.

2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

Evap is not needed to pass in CA, just fyi.

https://www.bar.ca.gov/Industry/OBD_...ence#readiness
          Ah - I thought it was all of them in CA. Good to know. (Now just need to sort the secondary air, which has not reset despite multiple cold starts. I've had some related pending codes in the recent past so might need a new secondary air pump.)

Comment

I also believe EGT was removed or ignored by smog computers several years ago.
            DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
            /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
            More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by sdmcoupe View Post
              I tried numerous drive cycles w/o success. I was running out of time so was looking at all options. I tried a product called "Cataclean". I wasn't expecting it to work but after pouring it in with a 1/4 tank of gas left and a short drive, my CAT monitor set itself to OK. Took the car in and it passed smog w/o issue. So relieved.

My car has 79k so I was confident i wasn't having an issue with actual catalytic converter.
              I know this is a necro (sorry) but I wanted to thank you for this. After multiple drive cycles at 3am my stubborn CAT monitor only set to 'ready' after the cataclean. I was about to pay $200 for a smog repair shop to go through the drive cycle themselves on their own dyno to make it ready. $200 is a lot of chicken nuggets, so again, thank you! 141k stock M3 for reference.

Comment

Working...
              X