Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks. No, so far I've noticed the driver door

1. Window doesn't drop when opened nor close up once closed

2. When opened, didn't turn on interior lights.

3. The black nipple stutters and doesn't quite move up and down properly when you press the lock/unlock botton in center console.

The door locks and unlocks with the key just fine, and the window goes up and down auto automatically like it should.

#3 is my biggest clue that it's the actuator I think. Just in my experience of seeing people have issues, the actuator is a problem more often than gm5. I should look into relays too tho I suppose.
    DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
    /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
    More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Did you get the "Cats" read ready? ANy update? I'm in the same predicament at the moment and need to get my car smogged soon.

Comment

Originally posted by sdmcoupe View Post
        Did you get the "Cats" read ready? ANy update? I'm in the same predicament at the moment and need to get my car smogged soon.
        Not yet unfortunately. I swapped out the TPS sensor by the intake manifold to get rid of the code for that, and then cleared all codes to get rid of that code (TPS) and a pending slight air leak code. This resets all the monitor tests. I have not had the opportunity yet to drive it per the drive cycle steps. But yesterday when I took her out I ran OBDFusion and still see the Cat not ready and now the O2 Sensor Non-Continuous is not ready. All other systems have cleared.

Hoping to be able to drive it more to see if I can clear the Cat and the Non-Continuous O2 sensor. If not, I will be replacing all four O2 sensors. The car is not my daily driver so its hard to get it out to drive the cycle especially here in NJ where there are no stretches of road that can let me do it outside midnight.

04 M3 Vert by way of sunny SoCal to S. NJ / Philly.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
          Thanks. No, so far I've noticed the driver door

1. Window doesn't drop when opened nor close up once closed

2. When opened, didn't turn on interior lights.

3. The black nipple stutters and doesn't quite move up and down properly when you press the lock/unlock botton in center console.

The door locks and unlocks with the key just fine, and the window goes up and down auto automatically like it should.

#3 is my biggest clue that it's the actuator I think. Just in my experience of seeing people have issues, the actuator is a problem more often than gm5. I should look into relays too tho I suppose.
          It sounds like it might both the actuator and the GM5 or relays. I would email Scott https://www.bmwgm5.com/GM5_Repair_Service.htm your symptoms - he is an expert.

04 M3 Vert by way of sunny SoCal to S. NJ / Philly.

Comment

any luck getting the cat readiness set?

Comment

This worked for me on more than one occasion. Had to do it in the dead of night to get it completed without interruption with hazard blinkers on.
              Click image for larger version  Name:	OBD II Drive Cycle.jpg Views:	0 Size:	44.3 KB ID:	105462
              Last edited by yhp2009; 05-17-2021, 07:14 PM.

Comment

So… My lithium battery died overnight after i left the key in by accident. Lost all my monitors.

Very frustrating!

Comment

I tried numerous drive cycles w/o success. I was running out of time so was looking at all options. I tried a product called "Cataclean". I wasn't expecting it to work but after pouring it in with a 1/4 tank of gas left and a short drive, my CAT monitor set itself to OK. Took the car in and it passed smog w/o issue. So relieved.

My car has 79k so I was confident i wasn't having an issue with actual catalytic converter.

Comment

Based on my morning experience at the Emissions Station - I'm going to get the chance to give this a go again. I got a "Not Ready" on my track car. It hasn't been driven at all in the past 3 weeks. Not sure how long not driven but no codes triggers this.

Comment

Had to go through this myself recently. I had to drive 55 on the freeway and even at 2am I felt like I was gonna die the whole time lol. Do what Estoril posted, and regarding the O2 sensors, see if you can get passed without changing them. If you do the cycle correct and the cat monitors are still not ready, swap those O2 sensors out.
                      Last edited by Nate047; 05-26-2021, 01:20 PM.
                      http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
                      '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
                      '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Trying to get my drive cycle done, but have been having issues. Checked the monitors status with torque and obd fusion and both show that none of my monitor are available.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210717-115444.jpg
Views:	923
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	115464

I have a DME that was originally a non-HP that I converted into an HP. I tried with a completely stock 2501 binary and with one that I modified to remove the 151 DTC. Same results with both. I've probably druven the car 150 mi since the last flash.

Anyone know what could be could be going on?
                        2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

I was able to get my car to pass the catalyst readiness monitor with euro headers. I changed out my front o2 sensors. I cruised on the freeway using cruise control at 60 mph for about 10 minutes. I had the OBD2 reader plugged in and just checked it while I was driving.
                          2004 Alpine White / Cinnamon E46 M3 6MT
                          1993 Brilliant Black FD Rx7
                          IG: @gearheadtwins

Comment

What does catalyst have to do with pre cat o2s?
                            DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                            /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                            More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                              What does catalyst have to do with pre cat o2s?
                              From what I've read, the ECU compares the reading differences between the pre-cat and post-cat o2 sensors to determine the cat efficiency.
                              2004 Alpine White / Cinnamon E46 M3 6MT
                              1993 Brilliant Black FD Rx7
                              IG: @gearheadtwins

Comment

Originally posted by Estoril View Post
                                I used this. It worked. Done and drove right to the emissions stations and success. Choose the right "not crowded" road that you don't have to brake, speed up to merge or otherwise fall outside the limits.

I used this approach a few days ago and it succeeded in getting my catalyst and heated-catalyst tests into readiness.

(Driving at 55mph in the slow lane was a revelation. There appears to be a large class of people who actually do it full time.)

Still having issues with evaporation and secondary air tests, but that is another story.
                                Last edited by martin.oconnor; 11-28-2021, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X