Header brands and proven dynos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Header brands and proven dynos

I've searched through our forum on here and e46 fanatics and can't really find any up to date information on some of the different headers and options that aren't Euro. I wanted to see if we could start a thread with up to date information on what is available now for the platform. I looked to see what options were out there else than Supersprint stepped headers and it looks like Supersprint no longer offers the non-stepped variant if you want supersprint but don't want to drop $2k. AP headers are gone, Fabspeed is sitting at $1200 and Megans seem to be no longer made and being scalped on ebay. I'm sure everyone's seen the "definitive exhaust" post that is a great write up with pictures (https://www.e46fanatics.com/threads/...guide.1068516/).
    However, most of these are no longer available (header wise).

What do yall think of having a new thread on here with options that are still available and dyno results to prove them?

Euro headers seem to be going for more and more on ebay and on here. Some like myself also might be interested in a "long tube" design vs. "shorty" for subjective sound experiences. Also knowing fit and fitment on other headers like for example, Status gruppe has a new V4 design with what looks like a dent in one of the headers to clear RHD cars. It would be awesome if someone had bought them and dyno'd them to see if that new design makes any less power than others. Also the single-stepped headers on bimmerworld, CPI headers.

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Circa Surviven; 03-28-2021, 09:19 PM. Reason: Trying to format it better.
    Garage:
    2002 BMW M3: Slicktop jetblack/cinnamon. SMG to 6-speed. Arc-8's. Koni yellows/Dinan springs. Macht elbow. Megan headers. Stock section 1+AR20. SCZA section 3.
    1998 Mercedes E300 Turbodiesel: Pizza bag warmer.

They stopped making Megan headers? Thats news to me.

Comment

AA should still have them. Ebay headers do work and seem better lately based on some first hand exp.

Scored a set of fab speeds for $300 I'm stokked thanks for posting their retail, didn't know. Best copy of the ss long tubes. I put AP in same basket as sgt. No idea about v4, but sgt is a hard no so moot point imo

CPI is too much, don't make great power. there was a dyno on m3f
      DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
      /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
      More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by DropTopKingM3 View Post
        They stopped making Megan headers? Thats news to me.
        Either it's a coincidence or the ebay seller is a member because the price just went up $10 and there's no longer a "make an offer" option on the megan headers.
        Garage:
        2002 BMW M3: Slicktop jetblack/cinnamon. SMG to 6-speed. Arc-8's. Koni yellows/Dinan springs. Macht elbow. Megan headers. Stock section 1+AR20. SCZA section 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
          AA should still have them. Ebay headers do work and seem better lately based on some first hand exp.

Scored a set of fab speeds for $300 I'm stokked thanks for posting their retail, didn't know. Best copy of the ss long tubes. I put AP in same basket as sgt. No idea about v4, but sgt is a hard no so moot point imo

CPI is too much, don't make great power. there was a dyno on m3f

Are those the ebay ones your talking about?

IMO fabspeed headers seem to make some of the best sound from watching various instagram and youtube videos, more crackling and backfires from what I've heard. At $1,200 it's an absolute no lol. Supposedly some have failed welds so keep an eye on them!

I saw APs sell for $630-$650 right before they sold out on the company website.
          Garage:

Comment

APs cracked too.

Ya those ebay headers are them pretty much. Hard to say if exact same don't know which warehouse in China they were from but fitment was better than my heatcycled ss stepped. Power wasnt improved vs euro, about the same. Also installed set of manzos from Ebay more recently and fitment almost prevented install, but power was improved over stock.
            Last edited by Tbonem3; 03-28-2021, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Buildjournal had a pretty thorough listing out there. A little dated at this point but still some good info.

Comment

... there's literally a sticky around dynos at the top of the forum. many folks post their exhaust setups with each update. the trouble is that most people don't just change their headers... if you're in there, might as well make it worth your while and make a wholesale change.
                2018 Grigio Telesto F80 M3 DCT | :: Bone Stock ::
                2004 Titanium Silver E46 M3 6 Speed | :: Track Car ::

Comment

Pretty sure buildjournal's and all others you see are copies. I want to say they're copies of Mike's thread from M3Forum? Hard to remember at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                    Pretty sure buildjournal's and all others you see are copies. I want to say they're copies of Mike's thread from M3Forum? Hard to remember at this point.
                    BuildJournal copies everything, torque values from the old M3F, Polar's brake bias sheet, then Clawhammer's brake bias calculator, even "his" tunes sound like a canned version of Matyn's tool for those that are afraid to DIY or lazy
                    Formally SWRTstang_M3 on M3forum.net with a join date of 07/2004

Comment

That's right. I forgot, Andrew was on m3f before he started BJ.

Comment

American Racing Headers is what I currently have. 6-1 design, with a dedicated section 1 that reaches 3.5” in diameter. Pretty freaking sweet imo. Everyone who has heard my car has told me it either A) doesn’t sound like an S54, or B) sounds super exotic.

I have not had them tuned yet as I’m waiting for my TMS box to arrive, then will be having HTE tune the car. Will post a full write-up about the cars current setup and results on the dyno.

ARH are badass, however the buy-in price is pretty pricey. Luckily I got offered a deal I couldn’t refuse.

Comment

Here’s a link to some pics.

Comment

Originally posted by sc_tr0jan_m3 View Post
                            ... there's literally a sticky around dynos at the top of the forum. many folks post their exhaust setups with each update. the trouble is that most people don't just change their headers... if you're in there, might as well make it worth your while and make a wholesale change.
                            Yea I was leaning more towards what brands of headers are still available and proven fitment/power.
                            Garage:

Comment

Originally posted by LSBNick View Post
                              American Racing Headers is what I currently have. 6-1 design, with a dedicated section 1 that reaches 3.5” in diameter. Pretty freaking sweet imo. Everyone who has heard my car has told me it either A) doesn’t sound like an S54, or B) sounds super exotic.

I have not had them tuned yet as I’m waiting for my TMS box to arrive, then will be having HTE tune the car. Will post a full write-up about the cars current setup and results on the dyno.

ARH are badass, however the buy-in price is pretty pricey. Luckily I got offered a deal I couldn’t refuse.
                              Sounds awesome, can't wait to see that!
                              Garage:

Comment

Working...
                              X