Header brands and proven dynos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LSBNick View Post
    American Racing Headers is what I currently have. 6-1 design, with a dedicated section 1 that reaches 3.5” in diameter. Pretty freaking sweet imo. Everyone who has heard my car has told me it either A) doesn’t sound like an S54, or B) sounds super exotic.

I have not had them tuned yet as I’m waiting for my TMS box to arrive, then will be having HTE tune the car. Will post a full write-up about the cars current setup and results on the dyno.

ARH are badass, however the buy-in price is pretty pricey. Luckily I got offered a deal I couldn’t refuse.
    I'm curious what your dyno results will show. I know there's been some heavy criticism around here for a 6-1 design for an S54 but I would like to see what the results are.
    '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Originally posted by r4dr View Post

I'm curious what your dyno results will show. I know there's been some heavy criticism around here for a 6-1 design for an S54 but I would like to see what the results are.
      According to HTE, the 6-1 design have really good compression above 5k. From what my butt dyno tells me, I can definitely feel a pick up in the higher range. Just really waiting to see what all Hassan can do. I’m hoping for 340 with the airbox, headers, and the muffler.

Comment

American Racing Headers is what I currently have. 6-1 design, with a dedicated section 1 that reaches 3.5” in diameter. Pretty freaking sweet imo. Everyone who has heard my car has told me it either A) doesn’t sound like an S54, or B) sounds super exotic.

I have not had them tuned yet as I’m waiting for my TMS box to arrive, then will be having HTE tune the car. Will post a full write-up about the cars current setup and results on the dyno.

ARH are badass, however the buy-in price is pretty pricey. Luckily I got offered a deal I couldn’t refuse.
        Looking forward to dyno results. If possible, please use a dynojet in SAE mode.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
        2012 LMB/Black 128i
        2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

Looking forward to dyno results. If possible, please use a dynojet in SAE mode.
          That’s exactly the route I was going to go. Luckily there’s a shop with a dynojet 10 minutes from me. Aiming to dyno the car and tune around mid to late April.

Comment

I too am looking for headers for my 03’ e46 M3. Multiple shops have told me “they’re” (I’m assuming some government department) cracking down so shops are not carrying them and manufacturers are producing less. I’ve been trying to buy Epic or Supersprint V1 stepped headers. Turner said they’re in the process of taking down their Supersprint headers webpage. They won’t be carrying them any longer. EAS doesn’t stock either brands. Supposedly, they’re back ordered till Nov… Anyone know where I can get Epic or Supersprint V1 headers? I’m planning to couple them with Karbonius CSL air ox and HTE tune.

Comment

Schmiedmann
              DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
              /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
              More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

I have AA headers that I just installed 2 months ago or so, matched with status gruppe’s SCZA exhaust and I love the sound. Was pretty close as to what I was looking for sound wise. Didn’t like the rasp at first but it grew on me. Have not done the dyno yet.

Comment

Originally posted by bennys8 View Post
                  I too am looking for headers for my 03’ e46 M3. Multiple shops have told me “they’re” (I’m assuming some government department) cracking down so shops are not carrying them and manufacturers are producing less. I’ve been trying to buy Epic or Supersprint V1 stepped headers. Turner said they’re in the process of taking down their Supersprint headers webpage. They won’t be carrying them any longer. EAS doesn’t stock either brands. Supposedly, they’re back ordered till Nov… Anyone know where I can get Epic or Supersprint V1 headers? I’m planning to couple them with Karbonius CSL air ox and HTE tune.
                  You can buy Supersprint headers but you have to buy the catted section 1 with it.

Comment

That’s exactly the route I was going to go. Luckily there’s a shop with a dynojet 10 minutes from me. Aiming to dyno the car and tune around mid to late April.
                    You dyno'ed around 330 or so was it? Are you going to keep the headers?
                    2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by DropTopKingM3 View Post

You can buy Supersprint headers but you have to buy the catted section 1 with it.
                      Haven't been able to find or buy the anywhere...

Comment

Originally posted by bennys8 View Post

Haven't been able to find or buy the anywhere...
                        These guys sell them and theyre reliable. Try and order before they go on vacation on July 10th.
                        BMW E46 Convertible M3 - parts styling tuning new and used parts - Schmiedmann - New parts

Comment

Does anybody have any information on Fabspeed headers?

https://www.fabspeed.com/fabspeed-bm...ers-2000-2006/

They are reasonably priced and available. Any benefit over euros that anybody can give based on old info lost on m3forum?
                          Last edited by RoyalFlushness; 01-14-2022, 04:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalFlushness View Post
                            Does anybody have any information on Fabspeed headers?

https://www.fabspeed.com/fabspeed-bm...ers-2000-2006/

They are reasonably priced and available. Any benefit over euros that anybody can give based on old info lost on m3forum?
                            No benefit over OE Euros, and also a generally shitty company.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                            2012 LMB/Black 128i
                            2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Fabspeeds are great. They make more power than Euro/CSL. Com'on Ian. You know euro and csl guys would upgrade to SS long tube, of which Fabspeed's are the best replica.

Massive torque. I still have cats in sect 1, and NO TUNE, and my steelgrey pulls so hard I can't believe it. That's a full weighted car with heavy stock wheels. Euros never felt that way to me. Even the ssv1s don't feel any better than fabspeeds (though a different car, my silvergrey).

And the sound is very muscular and deep. Euros are a little zingy-er, buzzier, but with a better motorsport sound. A little more of that hollow wail that I actually like more. But fabspeed and other longtubes make a sound more appreciated by people (less raspy, a little smoother)
                              Last edited by Tbonem3; 01-14-2022, 07:15 AM.
                              DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                              /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                              More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                                Fabspeeds are great. They make more power than Euro/CSL. Com'on Ian. You know euro and csl guys would upgrade to SS long tube, of which Fabspeed's are the best replica.

Massive torque. I still have cats in sect 1, and NO TUNE, and my steelgrey pulls so hard I can't believe it. That's a full weighted car with heavy stock wheels. Euros never felt that way to me. Even the ssv1s don't feel any better than fabspeeds (though a different car, my silvergrey).

And the sound is very muscular and deep. Euros are a little zingy-er, buzzier, but with a better motorsport sound. A little more of that hollow wail that I actually like more. But fabspeed and other longtubes make a sound more appreciated by people (less raspy, a little smoother)
                                Appreciate the response. I definitely noticed the difference in pitch in some videos. After I shop around for some discounts I can probably get them for cheaper than a new set of OE Euros. No brainer I guess?

Comment

Working...
                                X