No announcement yet.

Header brands and proven dynos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The welds on Fabspeed products look quality at least.

All that money spent on SSV1's and they look MIG welded hahaha
    2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
    2005 BMW ///M3
    Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
    2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
    2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
    2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalFlushness View Post

Appreciate the response. I definitely noticed the difference in pitch in some videos. After I shop around for some discounts I can probably get them for cheaper than a new set of OE Euros. No brainer I guess?
      Absolutely!

And I love euro headers. Can't go wrong with either.
      DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
      /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
      More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Fab speed are Chinese made, and the company is super shitty. When they gave me a tour of their facility, they showed off by cold start free revving customer cars.

Their parts are, as you say, copies. Not dyno developed, just make it the same pattern and call it good. I'd rather have OE Euro.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
        2012 LMB/Black 128i
        2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

You know a part isn't that bad when the best Ian can come up with for criticism is a logical fallacy that the company is "shitty" and a xenophobic throw away about where they're made.

Good enough for me.

You must have forgot the time you ran JVTs. Your car with those headers with the og scorza was the best your car ever sounded.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
            Schmiedmann
            Looking at them now… has anyone used their midpipes? I’m not looking for MORE sound (headers) but could be talked into deeper tone and less rasp. Thoughts?

maw

Comment

Maybe I'm not thinking of what you're thinking of, but the "Schmiedmann" branded exhaust parts I saw recently look exactly like supersprint parts (as in, made by SS). The "kirkland" parts if you will.

Comment

Even better... anyone have experience with the midpipes?

maw

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post
                  Fab speed are Chinese made, and the company is super shitty. When they gave me a tour of their facility, they showed off by cold start free revving customer cars.

Their parts are, as you say, copies. Not dyno developed, just make it the same pattern and call it good. I'd rather have OE Euro.
                  Was this the owner of the company that did that? Or was it an employee? Regardless, it is pretty shitty but it can be difficult to control every action your employees make. It would make a difference if it wasn't the owner who did that...

I have a Fabspeed section 1 with cats and the welds are far superior to SS. I will have to go back and look at my paperwork, but I'm nearly positive this section 1 (except the HJC cats) was USA made. They did did give me a certificate of authenticity lol which I thought was kind of funny! But the packaging overall was also far superior to that of SS.
                  Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Weren’t fabspeed made by VAC at some point? I’ve heard them in person and they sounded great. They don’t have that hint of rasp that’s on the oe euro headers.

Comment

You know a part isn't that bad when the best Ian can come up with for criticism is a logical fallacy that the company is "shitty" and a xenophobic throw away about where they're made.

Good enough for me.

You must have forgot the time you ran JVTs. Your car with those headers with the og scorza was the best your car ever sounded.
                      Lol. "xenophobic throw away" is, by your definition, not wanting to buy products from a country where slave labor is used on a massive (and government sanctioned) scale?

An intellectual property rights aren't enforced to any degree, so things like copying a header design doesn't even enter the conversation?

So weird that they're cheap. How do they do it.

And, yes, the company is shitty. Run by shitty people, making knockoff products.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                      2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

Originally posted by Casa de Mesa View Post

Was this the owner of the company that did that? Or was it an employee? Regardless, it is pretty shitty but it can be difficult to control every action your employees make. It would make a difference if it wasn't the owner who did that...

I have a Fabspeed section 1 with cats and the welds are far superior to SS. I will have to go back and look at my paperwork, but I'm nearly positive this section 1 (except the HJC cats) was USA made. They did did give me a certificate of authenticity lol which I thought was kind of funny! But the packaging overall was also far superior to that of SS.
                        Owner.

I wouldn't be surprised if the section 1 is made in the USA-- much less labor intensive than headers.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                        2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

Good enough for me.

LOL !

The headers were produced by VAC. He has something against the company but can’t come up with a solid enough reason to say why other than he visited their facility and didn’t like what he saw.

Megan headers are Chinese made and extremely cost efficient. Meanwhile Hassan raves about them and so do a lot of other people who install them.

Comment

Lol. "xenophobic throw away" is, by your definition, not wanting to buy products from a country where slave labor is used on a massive (and government sanctioned) scale?
                            I know many don't care, but I avoid buying from the CCP like the plague, and that's just one of the reasons. It can be very challenging, but I'll spend hours online to buy American goods, if not, anywhere but China. Just trashing our economy even more than it already is.

Comment

Originally posted by DropTopKingM3 View Post

LOL !

The headers were produced by VAC. He has something against the company but can’t come up with a solid enough reason to say why other than he visited their facility and didn’t like what he saw.

Megan headers are Chinese made and extremely cost efficient. Meanwhile Hassan raves about them and so do a lot of other people who install them.
                              VAC does not produce any headers. I have tons of very concrete reasons I dislike VAC, that I’ve detailed many times.

Slave labor is undeniably good for “cost efficiency”.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                              2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

VAC does not produce any headers.
                                They partnered up with Fabspeed. At one point they were even advertised as “Fabspeed by VAC”.

Comment

Working...
                                X