Turbo builds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mspir3d View Post

Ok I see what you're asking. I have a maximum psi kit that came with everything. There is a AN fitting and a long braided stainless steel line that I looped around the back of the head away from the manifold.

Hate to bug you again, do you happen to have any pictures or details of your charge piping coming from the compressor housing to the intercooler? Like what size pipe was used?

Since I have a similar turbo and same manifold... I would hate to reinvent the wheel on charge piping if you have a. Setup that is proven.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200526_225844.jpg
Views:	498
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	28772 Click image for larger version

Name:	20200526_225904.jpg
Views:	515
Size:	126.0 KB
ID:	28773
      IG: https://www.instagram.com/mspir3d/

Comment

Originally posted by Nicholas1996 View Post

I really want to run a BW turbo. I have no one to weld the wastegate housing though.
        I have mig and tig in my garage. You’re around Pittsburgh right?

Comment

Cant wait to feel boost again, but a different motor i had will be taking the S54's place (high-revving 3.4l 2jzgte) Nice buiids you guys got going 👍

Comment

Originally posted by PITTM3RR View Post

I have mig and tig in my garage. You’re around Pittsburgh right?
            Sure am.

Comment

Name:	20200526_225844.jpg
Views:	498
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	28772 Click image for larger version

Name:	20200526_225904.jpg
Views:	515
Size:	126.0 KB
ID:	28773
              Thank for the pics, it was hard to tell the charge pipe routing with those but I made do.

My last issue I'm trying to figure out now is the wastegate placement.

I have a tial 44mm wg, spa turbo manifold when no wg port and the borg Warner twin scroll turbo

Initially I was going to weld the wg into the turbo housing but there's just no room. The wg would hang down past the skid plate and be close to the ground.

Since your have a maximum PSI kit with the spa manifold, how is your wg setup?

Comment

The charge pipe is 2.5" O.D. Here are some pics of the wastegate setup.Click image for larger version  Name:	20200612_083436.jpg Views:	0 Size:	49.2 KB ID:	33762 Click image for larger version  Name:	20200612_083418.jpg Views:	0 Size:	45.6 KB ID:	33763 Click image for larger version  Name:	20200612_083353.jpg Views:	0 Size:	75.3 KB ID:	33764 Click image for larger version  Name:	20200612_083448.jpg Views:	0 Size:	85.6 KB ID:	33765
                Last edited by Mspir3d; 06-12-2020, 05:40 AM.

Comment

The charge pipe is 2.5" O.D. Here are some pics of the wastegate setup.Click image for larger version Name:	20200612_083436.jpg Views:	0 Size:	49.2 KB ID:	33762 Click image for larger version Name:	20200612_083418.jpg Views:	0 Size:	45.6 KB ID:	33763 Click image for larger version Name:	20200612_083353.jpg Views:	0 Size:	75.3 KB ID:	33764 Click image for larger version Name:	20200612_083448.jpg Views:	0 Size:	85.6 KB ID:	33765
                  awesome thank you so much for that. every bit helps me figure out placement etc....

did you tap your oil pan still on the car or did you remove the oil pan and have a fitting welded in place?

im dreading tapping the pan. its drained now and i just dont want to risk getting shavings in the pan

Comment

I drilled and tapped the oil pan on the car. I packed the tap with grease to catch a lot of the filings. Then spent a while making sure I got any out of the oil pan. Then used some pipe thread sealant on the fitting to prevent leaks.

Name:	20200613_093744.jpg
Views:	656
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	34077

Comment

Got my car back and running, almost all the way broken in. I’ll try and update you guys how it runs after it’s broken and then again when it’s tuned. Just gonna max out the fuel system and hope the turbo can handle it.
                      id 1100cc
                      e85
                      walbro 525.
                      pte 6266 1.0AR

Comment

a lil off topic but remembering a while back but OP didnt you used to run the AA prima supercharger kit?

Comment

Originally posted by vp special k View Post
                          a lil off topic but remembering a while back but OP didnt you used to run the AA prima supercharger kit?
                          Sure did

Comment

Also, kinda irrelevant. But once the car is finally broken in and I have some small dents pulled, there’s good chance I’ll be listing it for sale. But figured I’d throw it out there seeing as this thread seems to get a little bit of traffic.

Comment

The charge pipe is 2.5" O.D. Here are some pics of the wastegate setup

so i finally got my down pipe mocked up, welded and bolted in place so i can start mocking up the wastegate plan... going by your pictures, I cut up a piece of pipe that allowed me to test mount the WG in the same position as yours but i quickly realized that though this works, it does not allow you to run your factory skid plate/belly pan which i guess you weren't running ta anyways right? since your hot side intercooler piping goes under the subframe o the intercooler?

So far here is my down pipe. I am trying to keep things ultra stock so i wanted to adapt to the stock m3 exhaust system. later on i can always change out the section 2 and 3 for larger units to get more exhaust flow and i can always cut out the resonator on section 1 and straight pipe it.

Attached Files

Comment

My factory skid plate was cut to allow for clearance with my 6266. Unfortunatley it doesn't fit with how my BW turbo is clocked so I leave it off. I have been pondering a skeleton type bar to provide more structural support since the skid plate ties the two fcabs together. Right now I'm focusing on getting the engine back in the car though.

Originally posted by nextelbuddy View Post

so i finally got my down pipe mocked up, welded and bolted in place so i can start mocking up the wastegate plan... going by your pictures, I cut up a piece of pipe that allowed me to test mount the WG in the same position as yours but i quickly realized that though this works, it does not allow you to run your factory skid plate/belly pan which i guess you weren't running ta anyways right? since your hot side intercooler piping goes under the subframe o the intercooler?

So far here is my down pipe. I am trying to keep things ultra stock so i wanted to adapt to the stock m3 exhaust system. later on i can always change out the section 2 and 3 for larger units to get more exhaust flow and i can always cut out the resonator on section 1 and straight pipe it.

Comment

Working...
                                X