Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nicholas1996 View Post

.022”
    so you suggest .022? is that specific to a range of power of PSI one will be running or is it just a value thats been confirmed to work well in forced induction overall? i will be running 10PSI and was curious if i should do .025 or .022 as you mentioned

Comment

.025 would probably be fine for 10 psi. You can always regap them if you get spark blowout.
      IG: https://www.instagram.com/mspir3d/

Comment

Originally posted by nextelbuddy View Post

so you suggest .022? is that specific to a range of power of PSI one will be running or is it just a value thats been confirmed to work well in forced induction overall? i will be running 10PSI and was curious if i should do .025 or .022 as you mentioned
        .022 is good so far for 23 psi

Comment

Just wondering if anyone has thought to try comp turbo oil-less turbos in the past. They are big in the 370z car scene. A shot of grease each oil change every 3000 miles. Works great, and quick to build boost. From what I’ve researched it’s almost a no brainer to go that route and have an easier install.

Comment

Originally posted by Mspir3d View Post
            .025 would probably be fine for 10 psi. You can always regap them if you get spark blowout.
            Curious, when you first installed your max psi turbo kit, what exhaust did you have installed? i'm having any issue where i cant find a boost leak and my turbo wont hit 10psi only 9 and then trails to 4psi by 8k rpms. people are telling my my exhaust is too restrictive and creating too much back pressure or that my turbo is too small and that the S54 is asking for air up top than my turbo can give.

ive replaced my cheap ebay BOV and Wg with authentic Tial Q 50mm and turbosmart wg45 hypergate units and had no change in my boost issue so im trying to figure out something else.

ive been trying to find someone selling a maximum psi intake manifold for sale to replace the ebay one i have currently.

Comment

Curious, when you first installed your max psi turbo kit, what exhaust did you have installed? i'm having any issue where i cant find a boost leak and my turbo wont hit 10psi only 9 and then trails to 4psi by 8k rpms. people are telling my my exhaust is too restrictive and creating too much back pressure or that my turbo is too small and that the S54 is asking for air up top than my turbo can give.

ive replaced my cheap ebay BOV and Wg with authentic Tial Q 50mm and turbosmart wg45 hypergate units and had no change in my boost issue so im trying to figure out something else.

ive been trying to find someone selling a maximum psi intake manifold for sale to replace the ebay one i have currently.
              I run the stock exhaust with an electronic cutout. I don’t think your exhaust is the problem especially at that level of pressure. I ran 20 psi on the dyno last week with the cutout closed. When I had problems building boost, it was because there was a big crack in my intake manifold.

Comment

I run the stock exhaust with an electronic cutout. I don’t think your exhaust is the problem especially at that level of pressure. I ran 20 psi on the dyno last week with the cutout closed. When I had problems building boost, it was because there was a big crack in my intake manifold.
                That's good data and refreshing to hear.

What size turbo were you running? How large is your exhaust turbine side?

Comment

That's good data and refreshing to hear.

What size turbo were you running? How large is your exhaust turbine side?
                  It’s a BW 64.5/67 I think the downpipe is 3” but I’m not sure. Exhaust is stock after section 2 I should say. It does make a lot less power when the exhaust cutout is closed but still makes plenty of boost.

Comment

I have a BW sxe369 (69/73 in precision terms) coming in. Was going to part out the kit and do a different build, but that would mean deleting the ac and a bunch of other things making it not street friendly. I also ordered FIC 2150cc injectors. Hoping to have the car running soon

Comment

More boost. How are your builds going?
                      E46 M3 | C7 RS7

Comment

Originally posted by Boost View Post
                        More boost. How are your builds going?
                        Hoping to have mine wrapped up here soon! Here is my build:

- custom top mount manifold (retains AC)
                        - Precision 6870 (with t51r mod)
                        - Radium fuel system
                        - ID1700’s
                        - built motor
                        - built/ported head
                        - syvecs ecu
                        - 3.5” titanium straight pipe exhaust
                        - OS giken LSD with 3.15 gears

Comment

Dynoed 840 sae at 25 psi last year but lost a piston at the ice cream cruise from a wrist pin retaining clip coming loose. I probably squeezed it a little too hard when I was putting it together. Im currently putting together a new engine but with selling my house and working oncology, I haven’t had time to assemble it. Changes for this year are

leaving stock dme for proefi
                          1000 cc ID -> 1700 ID injectors
                          Engine girdle

I’m still running the 72 mm XonaRotor from last year. The goal is 1100 once it’s back together but it might require some changes with the fuel pumps.

Comment

Dynoed 840 sae at 25 psi last year but lost a piston at the ice cream cruise from a wrist pin retaining clip coming loose. I probably squeezed it a little too hard when I was putting it together. Im currently putting together a new engine but with selling my house and working oncology, I haven’t had time to assemble it. Changes for this year are

leaving stock dme for proefi
                            1000 cc ID -> 1700 ID injectors
                            Engine girdle

I’m still running the 72 mm XonaRotor from last year. The goal is 1100 once it’s back together but it might require some changes with the fuel pumps.

Originally posted by Cglhut View Post
                            Hoping to have mine wrapped up here soon! Here is my build:

- custom top mount manifold (retains AC)
                            - Precision 6870 (with t51r mod)
                            - Radium fuel system
                            - ID1700’s
                            - built motor
                            - built/ported head
                            - syvecs ecu
                            - 3.5” titanium straight pipe exhaust
                            - OS giken LSD with 3.15 gears
                            Any updates gentlemen? Appreciate any video inspiration from the turbo crowd
                            E46 M3 | C7 RS7

Comment

Unfortunately my car still isn’t done, Cars been down for 2 years (sent it off for a rebuild right before covid hit). It’s been a long journey but things are starting to come together! No videos at this time, but thewolfM3 (instagram) recently posted a video of his car up and running and he’s running a very similar setup to me, same top mount etc.. Enjoy the beautiful symphony that is a top mount e46 M3:

skip to 17:23 for boost noises!

Comment

I’m moving away from the spa manifold but ppf went on vacation. In the meantime I’ve been picking at the car from time to time. I finished assembling the engine and added some connectors to the proefi harness for flex fuel and boost control. I’m not a fan of the connectors I got but with the braid and shrink wrap, I think it came out looking clean. I’d like to adjust the intercooler so I don’t need to trim the new front bumper but I’m still trying to figure it out.

Last edited by Mspir3d; 07-31-2022, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X