This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Epoustouflant View Post
    What I wish nickpiper12 would have said is the packaging he got for his order was an outlier due to this threats voiced to Majdi over the phone and text messages. Majdi did a mistake and ran across the street to Lowes to make UPS pick up cut-off on a Thursday night because Nick needed it before anyone else here. He got it at an extra cost incurred to MPower for Saturday delivery and still came on here to post this crap instigating a storm in a tea cup.

Not the spirit I expect from people participating in group buys.

If I had known, Nick would have been refunded and been told to buy at MSRP from Turner. I'd have gladly helped connect you with their sales team who I have on speed dial.

The group doesn't need a bad apple. I got a list of people waiting to get these at the bargain price I brokered.
    At no point did I threaten him, so not sure where you got that from... I called him (after crickets from you via email), and he explained the situation. I told him it was rather unsettling that they picked the pallets up on 8/24, and after 2 weeks they haven’t even touched the E46 pallet for repackaging.

He offered and assured me that he would pick the order personally to accommodate the multiple month delay we ALL have experienced. He noted it was unacceptable.

He relayed he would send a tracking number within the hour for guaranteed delivery the next day on Friday.

I didn’t receive a tracking number, so I did what anyone would do and gave him a call back on Friday. He said it would now be delivered Saturday. I told him that was not ideal as there will be no one at the shop that day. I had to rearrange my entire day to drive an hour from the city to wait for UPS so it wasn’t left outside.

I’ve been around these cars for over 10 years and an asset to the community. I want to say this is the first group buy I’ve actually participated in. After seeing all of the failed attempts over the years, I’ve always stayed away for this exact reason.

You seem to have a good system/culture in place, so I gave it a chance. While some of it is out of your control, communication at times wasn’t great. Out of respect, I sent a message to Majdi apologizing any stress I caused him.
    Last edited by nickpiper12; 09-17-2022, 09:15 AM.

Comment

See below.

TL DR - thanks for the honesty. Here's my virtual handshake!

Originally posted by nickpiper12 View Post

At no point did I threaten him, so not sure where you got that from...

I called him (after crickets from you via email), and he explained the situation.

You emailed Friday September 2nd. I replied Monday September 5th.

I told him it was rather unsettling that they picked the pallets up on 8/24, and after 2 weeks they haven’t even touched the E46 pallet for repackaging.

He offered and assured me that he would pick the order personally to accommodate the multiple month delay we ALL have experienced. He noted it was unacceptable.

That he did: he picked up and packaged 99% of these personally.

He relayed he would send a tracking number within the hour for guaranteed delivery the next day on Friday.

For some backstory: my understanding is UPS pushed the pick-up due to too many packages.

I didn’t receive a tracking number, so I did what anyone would do and gave him a call back on Friday. He said it would now be delivered Saturday. I told him that was not ideal as there will be no one at the shop that day. I had to rearrange my entire day to drive an hour from the city to wait for UPS so it wasn’t left outside.

I’ve been around these cars for over 10 years and an asset to the community. I want to say this is the first group buy I’ve actually participated in. After seeing all of the failed attempts over the years, I’ve always stayed away for this exact reason.

You seem to have a good system/culture in place, so I gave it a chance. While some of it is out of your control, communication at times wasn’t great.

Thank you for the feedback, I agree on communication.

This is one of the few GBs I had to abstract to group-level updates to avoid miscommunication and keep everyone on the same page.

Out of respect, I sent a message to Majdi apologizing any stress I caused him.

That's nice to hear. I'm sure he appreciated that from you. I certainly do.

Comment

Got my headers and section 1 in a big box with loose contents inside.

I will open later but it appears to be ok.
        Attached Files

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	25E30DD3-49D9-451E-ADEE-B1A5724E2EC8.jpg Views:	0 Size:	128.8 KB ID:	185549 Click image for larger version  Name:	FDA743E0-FA45-4557-8277-91DB11AF750B.jpg Views:	0 Size:	168.9 KB ID:	185550
          Very nice

Muffler arrives tomorrow. Will inspect everything in a couple of weeks when I’m back in town. Majdi said he should be able to replace any damaged parts.
          Last edited by SQ13; 09-21-2022, 04:19 PM.
          Silver Track to Street Car Journal
          Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

Originally posted by SQ13 View Post
            Click image for larger version  Name:	25E30DD3-49D9-451E-ADEE-B1A5724E2EC8.jpg Views:	0 Size:	128.8 KB ID:	185549 Click image for larger version  Name:	FDA743E0-FA45-4557-8277-91DB11AF750B.jpg Views:	0 Size:	168.9 KB ID:	185550
            Very nice

Muffler arrives tomorrow. Will inspect everything in a couple of weeks when I’m back in town. Majdi said he should be able to replace any damaged parts.
            Damn. Your box looks beat up. Looks to be inconsistent in packaging. Oh well. Hope yours turns out ok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by LatinSkllz View Post

Damn. Your box looks beat up. Looks to be inconsistent in packaging. Oh well. Hope yours turns out ok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Whatever is poking out in the first photo appears to have some damage. Hopefully everything else is fine.
              Silver Track to Street Car Journal
              Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

Just got my E46 M3 dual oversize 63.5mm section 2 from the group buy. My box arrived intact and with no damage, and well packaged. See pictures below. Very pleased with the price I paid and the quality of the piece. Thanks again Epoustouflant and @Euro Parts Palace for the group buy.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by EthanolTurbo; 09-23-2022, 08:16 AM.
                Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Originally posted by SQ13 View Post

Definitely inspect thoroughly. They've shown willingness to replace everything that is damaged, and not have to wait with UPS' claim process. They also have probable overstock and will be assigned as priority for replacements if needed.

As a PSA, if you're dealing directly with them in communications, please put me on CC so I can keep track and have the big picture.
                  Last edited by Epoustouflant; 09-23-2022, 07:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Epoustouflant View Post

Definitely inspect thoroughly. They've shown willingness to replace everything that is damaged, and not have to wait with UPS' claim process. They also have probable overstock and will be assigned as priority for replacements if needed.

As a PSA, if you're dealing directly with them in communications, please put me on CC so I can keep track and have the big picture.
                    I got my section 1, 2 and headers a few days ago, unfortunately mine arrived with some damages, one of the flange on the section 1 was bent, section 2 have a dent on one of the pipe, the headers have a dent on the lower pipe for the cyl1-3

All the damages appear to be at the tip of all the parts, so I think it could've been avoided by adding heavy padding on the tips or maybe even just padding the bottom and top of the box might even be sufficient.

Anyone I can contact about this?
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by avusblue View Post

I got my section 1, 2 and headers a few days ago, unfortunately mine arrived with some damages, one of the flange on the section 1 was bent, section 2 have a dent on one of the pipe, the headers have a dent on the lower pipe for the cyl1-3

All the damages appear to be at the tip of all the parts, so I think it could've been avoided by adding heavy padding on the tips or maybe even just padding the bottom and top of the box might even be sufficient.

Was ALL of that in the same box, loose? I'm nervous now...

Comment

Originally posted by avusblue View Post

Section 1 is two separate pieces, so I think yours are just offset in the packaging making the flange look bent.
                        2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

With a copius amount of bubble wrap and packing peanuts filling the voids in the box my Sec. 2 looks just fine.

Fitment will be another thing, but that's on SS.
                          Thanks Matt/Madji.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220923_185443.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	185826 Click image for larger version

Name:	20220923_185529.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	130.1 KB
ID:	185827 Click image for larger version

Name:	20220923_190031.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	147.0 KB
ID:	185828

2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                          Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                          Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                          RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                          Instagram

Comment

havent received any of my parts yet. But I'm praying its not damaged. Been calling to see when it will come in. The label was printed but was never shipped

Comment

I just got my headers and was packaged great. Now I'm waiting for my section 1

Comment

Not E46 content but my S62 headers were packaged very well.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X