This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gixxer View Post

What's the SS part # for the v2 stepped?
    Neverminded, it's 044901, so the SS v2 stepped is 60mm with as stated, 2-bot flange.

Comment

I'm pretty sure it's the same as all standard style headers which are 55mm outlets (2.16") The 60mm (2.36") reference is, I believe, the OD of the SS sect 1 that slips over as well as other aftermarket brands. The stock sect 1 starts out at like 58mm I think and increases slightly to 60mm at the sect 2 joint.

I took my measurements back in like 2016/2017 so memory might be fuzzy, but when you see 60mm that's an aftermarket product meant as replacement for the stock pipes and 63.5mm is Supersprint "oversized."

I know what I've written is pedantic, but the point is, if you're comparing flow, 63.5mm to 60mm is different than 63.5mm to 55mm.

The slip fit end of the oversized sect 1 (v1 stepped) is actually 66.5mm to go over the 63.5 ends of the v1 stepped headers. It all adds up.
      Last edited by Tbonem3; 04-20-2022, 03:35 PM.
      DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
      /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
      More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Epoustouflant View Post

I will know tomorrow.
        Any update on this? The new price list just makes this even more enticing.
        '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Originally posted by r4dr View Post

Any update on this? The new price list just makes this even more enticing.
          Not yet Abdul will ask tonight and we'll have an answer tomorrow (hopefully).

Comment

Didn't plan on getting an exhaust yet but thanks for setting the GB up, I'm not going to pass this up.
            I have 1 question though. I like the 63.5 stepped header into the 63.5 catted sec1. Section 2 twin pipe shows it's 63.5 also, will this bolt up to the stock muffler or a muffler of my choice?
            ​​​​
            Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Wernd View Post
              Didn't plan on getting an exhaust yet but thanks for setting the GB up, I'm not going to pass this up.
              I have 1 question though. I like the 63.5 stepped header into the 63.5 catted sec1. Section 2 twin pipe shows it's 63.5 also, will this bolt up to the stock muffler or a muffler of my choice?
              ​​​​
              Thanks
              Yes! Supersprint designed it to fit any rear section that used the OEM mounting points / pipe routing.

Comment

The 63.5mm headers are really only compatible with Supersprint's Section 1. You have 3 options - from expensive to affordable: HJS catted, Resonated Catless, Catless.
                Ok, that was my question. The 63.5mm headers are only compatible with the new 63.5mm section 1, the SuperSprint HJS cats I currently have on the vehicle are apparently 60mm?

So it sounds like the V2 stepped headers aren't on the table with this offering and I'd need to order both the headers and a new section 1, as well as a new section 2 to see the benefit of the 63.5mm.

thanks
                Last edited by fattycharged; 04-21-2022, 09:14 AM.

Comment

Are the prices for the catted sport and race kits backward? Catless race kit costs more than catless sport kit, but catted sport kit costs more than catted race kit. And individually the sport muffler is cheaper than the race muffler. Am I missing something or is it not adding up?
                  2003.5 ///M3 - Laguna Seca Blue - Black - SMG Delete

Comment

good catch.

Comment

Originally posted by fattycharged View Post

Ok, that was my question. The 63.5mm headers are only compatible with the new 63.5mm section 1, the SuperSprint HJS cats I currently have on the vehicle are apparently 60mm?

So it sounds like the V2 stepped headers aren't on the table with this offering and I'd need to order both the headers and a new section 1, as well as a new section 2 to see the benefit of the 63.5mm.

thanks
                      Section 2 isn't exactly needed. It is if you are complete FBO (CSL airbox, cams, exhausts) as Obioban pointed out in his development of this section 2 with Supersprint.

Originally posted by sina View Post
                      Are the prices for the catted sport and race kits backward? Catless race kit costs more than catless sport kit, but catted sport kit costs more than catted race kit. And individually the sport muffler is cheaper than the race muffler. Am I missing something or is it not adding up?
                      The race rear section is more expensive than the sport on the catless kits.

The catted sport kit is indeed missing the 5% package discount, good catch. I can apply the discount after the order as I can't modify the live listing,

Comment

Section 2 isn't exactly needed. It is if you are complete FBO (CSL airbox, cams, exhausts) as Obioban pointed out in his development of this section 2 with Supersprint
                        Double-checking before I pull the trigger - the 63.5 mm hjs catted sec 1 will bolt up to the stock sec 2?

Comment

Originally posted by R717 View Post

Double-checking before I pull the trigger - the 63.5 mm hjs catted sec 1 will bolt up to the stock sec 2?
                          Yes.
                          2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                          Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                          Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                          RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                          Instagram

Comment

Wow this a great GB, considering either full sport catted system or just the cats and headers and section 2. Is there a performance detriment to not running the SS muffler, but running the rest of the pipes upstream of the muffler?

Comment

Versus the OEM? It will have slightly more volume, but it's reported the 63.5mm resonated twin-tube section 2 from Supersprint helps eliminate rasp.
                              excellent, thats just what im looking for. my main concern is stepping up and down diameters for exhaust piping.

Comment

Would it be possible to add the standard catted section 1 and/or the unresonated twin section 2 to the GB? I don’t have V1 headers on my car.
                                Last edited by SQ13; 04-23-2022, 07:03 AM.
                                Silver Track to Street Car Journal
                                Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X