This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JaredU View Post
    Curious to know what to do if there are fitment issues or imperfections/defects for any of us who will not be able to fit this until next year.

Same for the supersprint parts.

While I had already accepted that my car would be stored before getting the parts, I didnt think about fitment issues 6+ months later. Obvious imperfections/damages could be dealt with on receiving, but installation could be totally different.

My car is off the road as of this Wednesday, and won’t be back out until probably May next year. What happens if say the tabs don’t line up for whatever reason, or the flanges on the exhaust are way off?
    From my personal experience, Supersprint fitment issues come from damage and shipment. All can usually easily be fixed by a competent exhaust shop.

If you have issues with the CSL diffuser fitment the fix is rear bumper off and snapping / gluing in the tabs to the slots. My rear bumper resprayed by the previous owner and one of the tabs had been, well, mangled. We had to do that.

One thing you should inspect right away on the diffuser is clear coat imperfections. Look for cracking in the clear. Pin holes can be fixed with a wet sand and polish. Cracking requires a re-clear.

Comment

Another batch ready

New ETAs were issued this week to account for slight delays.

The update.
      Attached Files

Comment

Is that mystic blue or Interlagos blue? 🤔
        Silver Track to Street Car Journal
        Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

Originally posted by SQ13 View Post
          Is that mystic blue or Interlagos blue? 🤔
          Mystic A30 per Rene - I was also confused.

Comment

A30 is Interlagos blue 🤔

Comment

Originally posted by SQ13 View Post
              A30 is Interlagos blue 🤔
              Yup, and that 100% looks like Interlagos to me.

I’m assuming that’s mine since I got an email from Matt on Tuesday saying I was in the 10/6-13 shipment batch.

Comment

Originally posted by Interlagos View Post

I’m assuming that’s mine since I got an email from Matt on Tuesday saying I was in the 10/6-13 shipment batch.
                A30 it is then I’ll have tracking shortly.

Comment

I got the same email. I will fucking fight you for this diffuser 😡😡

jkjk

Comment

Anybody who received the 10/6-13 batch email gotten tracking yet?

Comment

Anybody who received the 10/6-13 batch email gotten tracking yet?
                      I have them. Adding tomorrow morning.

Comment

Just added them check your emails!

Comment

Thank you!!!!

Comment

Received my diffuser yesterday. Out of the box, it looks fantastic!!

Comment

Finally received and installed today. Overall the fitment looks pretty good to me, the corners don’t fit quite as well as the OEM diffuser (similar to some of the other pictures posted here), but I’m satisfied vs the cheap CSL style diffusers I’ve had on past E46s. Paint match isn’t stellar but it should look a bit better when the car isn’t so dirty/dusty. The paint line looks great though, as does the CF work itself.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by toy4to View Post
                                Received my diffuser yesterday. Out of the box, it looks fantastic!!
                                Glad to hear!

Finally received and installed today. Overall the fitment looks pretty good to me, the corners don’t fit quite as well as the OEM diffuser (similar to some of the other pictures posted here), but I’m satisfied vs the cheap CSL style diffusers I’ve had on past E46s. Paint match isn’t stellar but it should look a bit better when the car isn’t so dirty/dusty. The paint line looks great though, as does the CF work itself.
                                Appreciate your feedback: glad to hear this is an overall positive for you.

I've had some luck playing with the slotted corner pins to get a tighter fit. I had to file down a tab on my diffuser due to the car having previously been poorly resprayed. One of the OEM bumper gaps was off.

I'll snap my final "DIY" install pictures shortly and document it on the journal.

During this Winter's teardown & body restoration, I'll document a bumper-off, professional install to get the gaps even tighter.

Comment

Working...
                                X