This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SQ13 View Post
    Mine shows 9/1-9/15. Guess I’ll get my tracking number tomorrow.
    I'm in that same boat. Fingers crossed.

Comment

I’m also in that boat, but Rene also had a massive car accident a few weeks after that ETA was sent, so don’t be surprised if it’s pushed back.

Comment

Originally posted by JaredU View Post
        I’m also in that boat, but Rene also had a massive car accident a few weeks after that ETA was sent, so don’t be surprised if it’s pushed back.
        About a week off right now. This week’s batch is currently at paint.

He’s been feeling great, putting in extra hours to make it happen.

Comment

Received my diffuser a couple weeks ago, finally got a chance to throw it on. Fit like a glove and really happy with the paint match
          Last edited by aapilcher; 09-21-2022, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Fitment looks good. Paint match is not great, but that's to be expected. Worst part looks to be the paint line between cf and paint - is it really that jagged?
            DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
            /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
            More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Nope

Click image for larger version

Name:	1FD228D2-563D-42AA-BDF9-862EDB909A8D.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	129.6 KB
ID:	185455 Click image for larger version

Name:	AD47CCE2-A7B3-45BA-9336-14F1525A4E01.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	185456

Comment

Another update!

This shows Titan Silver in 1x1 and Carbon Black in 2x2

2x more diffusers are following suit coming back from paint over the weekend.
                Attached Files

Comment

Name:	IMG_4093.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	131.3 KB
ID:	186078

Name:	IMG_4089.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	132.1 KB
ID:	186079

The color looks closer in sunlight. The car is 19 years old, so I did not expect much here.

Do the corner gaps seem too large? I should have taken a photo before I removed the OEM piece.

D-O
                  Attached Files
                  Old, not obsolete.

Comment

Age is not the issue. Age doesn't make (your original) paint darker. Silvergrey is very hard to match, then the problem is compounded by there being 3 versions of it. There are other factors still. That corner gap doesn't look right, no. The paint line looks better on that though.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                      Age is not the issue. Age doesn't make (your original) paint darker. Silvergrey is very hard to match, then the problem is compounded by there being 3 versions of it. There are other factors still. That corner gap doesn't look right, no. The paint line looks better on that though.
                      Roger. One would certainly not expect the freshly painted part to be lighter, but the point I wanted to convey was that my expectations were low. The photo really does bring out the difference. It looks much better in the sun when looking down at it. I can always get it re-sprayed if I decide I cant live with it.

It is a beautiful piece, but for the money, I wish the corners were a bit tighter.
                      Old, not obsolete.

Comment

Originally posted by D-O View Post

Roger. One would certainly not expect the freshly painted part to be lighter, but the point I wanted to convey was that my expectations were low. The photo really does bring out the difference. It looks much better in the sun when looking down at it. I can always get it re-sprayed if I decide I cant live with it.

It is a beautiful piece, but for the money, I wish the corners were a bit tighter.
                        Things like that always look worse in pics! Though, little defects and scratches look better in pics. Overall, I'm sure it looks fine. Plus plastic will never match perfectly anyway.

Comment

Age does make a metallic silver appear darker. Flakes burn out over time. Silver flakes will turn brown-red.

If you want a perfect paint match to compensate for aging, the primer'ed option is available.

The corner gap is dictated by your corner bracket & tab + lower push pin. That section is slotted.

Feel free to zoom.

Click image for larger version  Name:	REC03080.jpg Views:	0 Size:	51.3 KB ID:	186182

Last edited by Epoustouflant; 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM.

Comment

There are no flakes in the clear coat.

Comment

There are no flakes in the clear coat.
                              There are flakes and pearls in the color coat. The clear coat ages and the UV inhibitors lose effectiveness.
                              Last edited by Epoustouflant; 09-27-2022, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Curious to know what to do if there are fitment issues or imperfections/defects for any of us who will not be able to fit this until next year.

Same for the supersprint parts.

While I had already accepted that my car would be stored before getting the parts, I didnt think about fitment issues 6+ months later. Obvious imperfections/damages could be dealt with on receiving, but installation could be totally different.

My car is off the road as of this Wednesday, and won’t be back out until probably May next year. What happens if say the tabs don’t line up for whatever reason, or the flanges on the exhaust are way off?

Comment

Working...
                                X