Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Both Tbone and I had to drill a new hole on the passenger side outer edge to pull the diffuser down. If I used the factory hole it was like this but even worse.

So it's possible that pulling it down at the bottom caused the upper part to form a gap. I really don't notice it in person.

You can tell in this pic, right below the tow hook it's not completely flush with the bumper, that's the tab I'm talking about sanding down. It's like that on both sides, maybe that also contributes to the gap.

Honestly I've seen way way worse, I don't consider that a gap even.
    Last edited by 9kracing; 09-24-2023, 07:07 AM.
    2004 Dinan S3-R M3
    2012 Dinan S1 X5M

Comment

Glad to hear you got it to your liking - I still can't get over how forged carbon is excessively subtle, ever against AW. It was a bold decision and you pulled it off.

Comment

Thanks Matt!

I love it too.
        2004 Dinan S3-R M3
        2012 Dinan S1 X5M

Comment

More pics. I ordered brand new clips for the bottom, and I did eventually get all 6 clips in. I had to drill 4 new holes, I only used the 2 middle factory holes.

I personally think fitment looks factory, IDK that I see any gap at all. Just posting for anyone that is worried about fitment, if you know what you are doing you can get this to fit like a glove. Just don't expect it to bolt on and be perfect.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2023-09-27 18.41.14.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	168.3 KB
ID:	235888
          Click image for larger version

Name:	2023-09-27 18.41.24.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	181.0 KB
ID:	235889

2004 Dinan S3-R M3
          2012 Dinan S1 X5M

Comment

Dang - you nailed it. The side gap and curvature alignment looks perfect from here.

Do you have pics of the new drilled holes? I'll see if I can document this as well.

Thanks for the follow up on this.

Comment

Originally posted by Epoustouflant View Post
              Do you have pics of the new drilled holes? I'll see if I can document this as well.

I don't unfortunately, and I don't think I'm going to pull it off now lol.

Basically I just sanded down the upper tabs like you documented, and then on the bottoms I just pulled it down tight, and wherever it lined up I just sank a new hole with my drill.

Much like this

The top tabs gave me more trouble than the bottom. The second to the outer most tabs just didn't want to clip in no matter how hard I pushed. I had to pull it off and sand them down like 3 different times.

2004 Dinan S3-R M3
              2012 Dinan S1 X5M

Comment

I've got an alpine white e46, your temping me to scoop this bad boy..

Comment

Originally posted by Zhpghost View Post
                  I've got an alpine white e46, your temping me to scoop this bad boy..
                  I have a few units in production for inventory. They are primer version but can be spec'ed to color match.

Comment

Working...
                  X