Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GB for SLON Workshop CF Rear bulkhead, which can (optionally) be a back seat delete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couldn't pass up the group buy price. Just signed up.
    2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

NVM, saw it listed as an option.

Hmmm, I do fold down the seats often tho to move stuff.
      Last edited by Sharocks; 02-02-2021, 11:46 AM.
      2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
      2005 BMW ///M3
      Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
      2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
      2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
      2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Sharocks View Post
        For that price I want 1x1 CF weaves as an option.
        I thought 1x1, 2x2 and 3x3 were options

Comment

Originally posted by SYT_Shadow View Post

I thought 1x1, 2x2 and 3x3 were options
          1x1 is I just had to re-read it slower. They don't have any pics of it though. Also gluing it in seems more permanent than I'd like.

Decisions...
          2005 BMW ///M3

Instagram

Comment

1x1 is I just had to re-read it slower. They don't have any pics of it though. Also gluing it in seems more permanent than I'd like.

Decisions...
            It's supposed to be removable with a heat gun, but while doing the job my brother and I joked that it's reversible like a vasectomy is. LOL

Comment

For a sunroof car, like most of the ones on here, whats the cost benefit of this vs the CSL/Karbonius roof.
              2006 Silber Grau Metalizat ZCP 6 MT M-texture (F2AT) - Turner CSL V2/Schrick 280 272/SSv1/SS Sec1/Sec2 dual res/SCZA TI (raw) - FatCat stage 3 ult 400f/784r - EC7r 18x9.5 ET35/CRS 275/35/18 - RacingBrake BBK/MileEnd CSL bumper/Vorsteiner Trunk/Cobra Nogaro Circuit Mtexture/GC RCA/YURKan Cages/Hotchkiss/Vibra-technics/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/htrlo/

Comment

Originally posted by CrisSilberGrau View Post
                For a sunroof car, like most of the ones on here, whats the cost benefit of this vs the CSL/Karbonius roof.
                It doesn't cost like 4k to install, you don't have to remove your entire interior to do it and it won't yellow or haze because it's not outside.
                2005 BMW ///M3

Instagram

Comment

It doesn't cost like 4k to install, you don't have to remove your entire interior to do it and it won't yellow or haze because it's not outside.
                  CF roof also doesn't cost $4k to install.... more like $2.5k with supporting parts... or $2K if you buy karbonius and don't buy CSL roof rails (because Karbonius has clips for stock roof rails)
                  2002 Jet Black · 6MT · Cinnamon · CSL Tribute

Engine · Karbonius CSL Airbox · CSL DME · Kassel MAP · Paul Claude Tuned
                  Exhaust · SS Stepped V1 · SS 2.5 Res Sec 2 · SS Sport Sec 3
                  Suspension · JIC Cross/ZMS RS coilovers · GC Weight Jackers · SDW RTAB · Corner balanced
                  Wheels/Brakes · BBS E88 18" x 9.5" / 10.5" · Michelin Pilot Sport 4S · 996 Brembo BBK
                  Exterior · Mile End CSL bumper · OE CSL trunk · Mile End CSL diffuser · OE LED taillights
                  Interior · Avin Avant 4 · Llumar Air 80 Tint

Comment

Originally posted by CrisSilberGrau View Post
                    The CF roof gains you 250 nm/deg. This should gain you ~7250 nm/deg.

And, yes, the total cost of the project should be 1/2-1/4 a CF roof.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                    2012 LMB/Black 128i
                    2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post
                      To anyone wondering, can you feel a 38-39% chassis stiffness increase? The answer is 100% absolutely yes. I simultaneously owned 2 e39s, with and without fold through seats, and could easily tell which was which from behind the wheel.
                      Can we prove it provides that stiffness? Seems like a bold statement otherwise just going off of a non fold down car.
                      2003.5 Titanium Silver / Black 6M/T (Gone)
                      2003.5 Carbon Black / Laguna Seca Blue SMG (Dusted)
                      2004 Carbon Black / Black SMG converted to 6M/T(Current)

Comment

Originally posted by SandeepM3 View Post

Can we prove it provides that stiffness? Seems like a bold statement otherwise just going off of a non fold down car.
                        You can test it, but it's quite a bit of work. Basically replace the springs and dampers with solid blocks and use a large lever arm to apply a moment on one axle while keeping the other fixed

Comment

Originally posted by SandeepM3 View Post

We have fold through vs non fold through statistics from BMW on e46 sedans:
                          E46 Sedan (w/o folding seats) 18000 nm/deg
                          E46 Sedan (w folding seats) 13000 nm/deg

This recreates the same structure as the non fold through e46 sedans, so I see no reason to think it wouldn't have a similar result.

That said, the only way to prove it would be to stick a car on a chassis twister before and after and measure. That seems unlikely to happen.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                          2012 LMB/Black 128i
                          2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

We have fold through vs non fold through statistics from BMW on e46 sedans:
                            E46 Sedan (w/o folding seats) 18000 nm/deg
                            E46 Sedan (w folding seats) 13000 nm/deg

This recreates the same structure as the non fold through e46 sedans, so I see no reason to think it wouldn't have a similar result.

That said, the only way to prove it would be to stick a car on a chassis twister before and after and measure. That seems unlikely to happen.
                            I don’t know if we can assume it’ll be same percentage increase. It probably does add a fair amount of stiffness but it’ll be just about impossible to determine the true numbers for us mere mortals.

Comment

tempting....but gluing that panel in place....tough decision....

Comment

Just curious, has anyone tried to remove structural bonding adhesive like this?

Comment

Working...
                                X