This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post

I saw that, was just wondering if ECS pulled them.
    ECS pulled them a long time ago, if you wanted the uncatted version, you had to buy it from Turner (which no longer lists it on their website)
    Formally SWRTstang_M3 on M3forum.net with a join date of 07/2004

Comment

Currently I'm running an airbox/pullies/headers car and am interested in switching to a full SS 2.5" system eventually, but it's hard to justify doing the whole enchilada at once.

After I got the airbox, I ditched my SS Race sec 3 for an Eisenmann sport, and non catted OEM sec 1 for one with 200 cell cats. I felt a power loss after that, and at my latest track event, my car trapped at the longest straight the same as a stock powered E46 M3 (with similar corner exit speeds and braking distances).

To get some lost power back, would it be advisable to switch to the dual 2.5" sec 2 and 2.5" sec 3 first, or go with the v1 headers and 2.5" catted sec 1 and keep the OEM sec 2 and Eisenmann sport muffler (of unknown internal piping diameter)?

These are the things that keep me up at night 🤔

Comment

Originally posted by Jickel180 View Post
        Currently I'm running an airbox/pullies/headers car and am interested in switching to a full SS 2.5" system eventually, but it's hard to justify doing the whole enchilada at once.

After I got the airbox, I ditched my SS Race sec 3 for an Eisenmann sport, and non catted OEM sec 1 for one with 200 cell cats. I felt a power loss after that, and at my latest track event, my car trapped at the longest straight the same as a stock powered E46 M3 (with similar corner exit speeds and braking distances).

To get some lost power back, would it be advisable to switch to the dual 2.5" sec 2 and 2.5" sec 3 first, or go with the v1 headers and 2.5" catted sec 1 and keep the OEM sec 2 and Eisenmann sport muffler (of unknown internal piping diameter)?

Cats make you lose power. They are a restriction. Just because there are holes that equal the original width of the pipe, the flow is really interupted. Ditch the cats for the power back.

ETA on the page going up? I'm ready for some V1s. They're all I want.
        Last edited by Arith2; 05-03-2021, 08:02 PM.
        This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
        https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

Eisenmann is 60mm 2.36", plenty good, esp back in sect 3

Ya, I think cats rob 5-10 peak hp. But the thing I hate is the loss of responsiveness. Bout to do it to my car, dreading it.
          Last edited by Tbonem3; 05-03-2021, 08:24 PM.
          DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
          /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
          More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

What type/brand 200 cell cats are in the section 1?

Comment

Adding Supersprint HJS cats to the V1s cost me 2 hp— within run to run variance.

In exchange, they made me not hate the car every time I came to a stop.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
              2012 LMB/Black 128i
              2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post
                Adding Supersprint HJs cats to the V1s cost me 2 hp— within run to run variance.

In exchange, they made me not hate the car every time I came to a stop.
                This, and I was pleased to know I wasn't causing the person behind me to have an unpleasant drive.

Comment

Headers and section 1 first. Larger impact on power and more likely to be unbuyable in the future.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                  2012 LMB/Black 128i
                  2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Just a quick update: sorry about yesterday, I had emergencies at work.

I am submitting everything for final revision to ECS later today, and they have a meeting tomorrow morning with their team to sign off on every single item - including securing the best discount for the first 25 members that would participate. I would post the GB here first to thank you guys for the support in making this happen.

Comment

Originally posted by ASAed330 View Post

You are correct, which is why I asked Alessandro to see if he can make some like their application for the E9x M3. He even pulled a new part number for this. However, since it is new, SS has been difficult to get ECS a cost on this part. Feel free to ping Supersprint to ask about 044022.

Although from what Matt has mentioned, it looks like it will be impossible to get non-catted Section 1 from SS.
                      I'm trying some workarounds for this. I'll need some time though!

Comment

Originally posted by Slideways View Post

What type/brand 200 cell cats are in the section 1?
                        I believe they're Magnaflow 200 cell cats, I'll need to verify next time I get the car up in the air. I wouldn't expect a noticeable power loss running those but I'll try Ian's suggestion and go with V1s and the 2.5" SS/HJS section 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Epoustouflant View Post
                          Just a quick update: sorry about yesterday, I had emergencies at work.

I am submitting everything for final revision to ECS later today, and they have a meeting tomorrow morning with their team to sign off on every single item - including securing the best discount for the first 25 members that would participate. I would post the GB here first to thank you guys for the support in making this happen.
                          Is there a list? If not can we start one?

I'm in for V1 stepped headers alone.
                          2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
                          2005 BMW ///M3
                          ​ Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build ​​
                          2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
                          2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
                          2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

I believe they're Magnaflow 200 cell cats, I'll need to verify next time I get the car up in the air. I wouldn't expect a noticeable power loss running those but I'll try Ian's suggestion and go with V1s and the 2.5" SS/HJS section 1.
                            Ya, I've seen three examples where both 200 and 400 cell MF ceramic cats were blown out on custom section 1s. HJS/OE style metallic cats are very durable and capable of large power gains over stock while not making the car miserable to drive.

Another forum member posted their full catted SS setup with airbox on 91 - https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...r-yuge-numbers . It made 58 whp and 22 ft-lbs more than stock, even the euro setup was impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                              Oh sorry, I missed the conversation on the last page. Would be interesting to see how they do it, and would they leave the bungs in place. it'd still be a catless product, so not sure how'd it be available through group buy per what Matt said about no catless products.

That said, I don't understand why ECS will sell the catless sect 1 (can buy it on ebay from ECS too), but it wouldn't be included in the group buy.

The legal/emmission thing doesn't make sense as, technically, ANY aftermarket exhaust (catless headers/sect 1) is ILLEGAL.
                              It is up on the SS website now. They have the post-O2 in place, so the resonator is larger. I would like to see if they can use a longer resonator for more volume reduction and get rid of the post-O2 bung. My car doesn't use the post-O2 with my tune.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharocks View Post

Is there a list? If not can we start one?

I'm in for V1 stepped headers alone.
                                No need for a list. It will be hosted on the Connex.

Comment

Working...
                                X