No announcement yet.

Vincebar Group Buy 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If anyone could suggest a rivet gun that they successfully used without the gun bending/breaking etc. I would appreciate it.

I can't imagine breaking the rivet gun as the epoxy cures, that would not be a good situation. I see some that are listed as "heavy duty" for use with steel rivets and reviews have said they broke after usage with steel rivets.
    2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
    Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
    Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
    RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
    Instagram

Comment

Eh, I used a shitty (i.e. off of amazon) non-hydraulic rivet gun and it was totally fine. Great forearm workout, but never did I feel like it would break.
      2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post
        If anyone could suggest a rivet gun that they successfully used without the gun bending/breaking etc. I would appreciate it.

I can't imagine breaking the rivet gun as the epoxy cures, that would not be a good situation. I see some that are listed as "heavy duty" for use with steel rivets and reviews have said they broke after usage with steel rivets.
        Marson hp2 or malco 2in1.
        2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

how far are you on the process? I've prepped everything and measured, i'm about to start cutting the trunk area. I need to go buy a 4" cut off wheel from harbor freight though.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonggi View Post

how far are you on the process? I've prepped everything and measured, i'm about to start cutting the trunk area. I need to go buy a 4" cut off wheel from harbor freight though.
            I plan to start this weekend, way behind where I wanted to be at this point in time.

Instagram

Comment

I plan to start this weekend, way behind where I wanted to be at this point in time.
              BTW I didnt need a 4" cut wheel. I just removed the cover on my angle grinder and it worked fine. But I did buy a lot of metal brush wheels to help with the paint.

I think I bought more tools than I really needed to but luckily I didnt open them all!

Comment

I feel accomplished, finally complete with this install. I did everything to the T.

The biggest issue I ran into was my rivet gun not strong enough to break the big rivet on the side so I had to really muscle them off.
                Attached Files

Comment

I feel accomplished, finally complete with this install. I did everything to the T.

The biggest issue I ran into was my rivet gun not strong enough to break the big rivet on the side so I had to really muscle them off.
                  Nice work!
                  I just purchased all hardware/tools last night and will begin disassembly maybe tonight, I sure hope it all goes as well as it did for you.

Instagram

Comment

Nice work!
                    I just purchased all hardware/tools last night and will begin disassembly maybe tonight, I sure hope it all goes as well as it did for you.
                    starting a job is like ripping off a band aid. Man it took me forever to get started!!

Now I have to clean up the underside with a wire brush to clear the surface rust and repaint then the reassembly begins. Got my subframe parts from the powder coater and they look sick. Gotta install the CMP bushings and slowly put back together since its so damn heavy

Comment

Silver POR15 helps hide the bar a bit more with some solid rust prevention as well.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_26189.jpg
Views:	358
Size:	138.6 KB
ID:	150568
                      2003.5 E46 M3 Silver Grey/Cinnamon

MCS - Vorshlag Plates - SSv1- SS Dual 2.5" Sec.2 - SS (Hamann) Street Sec.3 - 3.91 Gears - BBS E88s - 996 Brembo - PSMax - SDW Monoball - VinceBar - DMG - Haimus CSL - Karbonius - HTE Tuning - AEM 50-1200

http://www.instagram.com/sid_e46/
                      Journal: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...grey-speed-run

Comment

Originally posted by Sid_E46 View Post
                        Silver POR15 helps hide the bar a bit more with some solid rust prevention as well.

Name:	image_26189.jpg
Views:	358
Size:	138.6 KB
ID:	150568
                        Dang I should of painted my silver too.

tightening the front bolt is becoming a pain, def needs 2 people, the nuts are those locking nuts that are oval in size. so the bolt keeps rotating.

Comment

Dang I should of painted my silver too.

tightening the front bolt is becoming a pain, def needs 2 people, the nuts are those locking nuts that are oval in size. so the bolt keeps rotating.
                          Great job guys!

Please remember to use the extra plain nut as a locking nut in one of the ways shown below. The jammed nuts will now act as a bolt that allows you to use a wrench when inserting the stud and when holding the stud while tightening the top collar nut (in the gusset cup).

Once that top collar nut nut is tightened the stud is fixed and there’s no need to hold the stud when later tightening the lower nut that holds the subframe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by VinceSE2 View Post

Great job guys!

Please remember to use the extra plain nut as a locking nut in one of the ways shown below. The jammed nuts will now act as a bolt that allows you to use a wrench when inserting the stud and when holding the stud while tightening the top collar nut (in the gusset cup).

Once that top collar nut nut is tightened the stud is fixed and there’s no need to hold the stud when later tightening the lower nut that holds the subframe.

THATS what those nuts are for!!!!!! duh!

Edit: I did the complete install watching videos. I did not find the printout instructions you sent anywhere online.
                            Last edited by Tonggi; 02-01-2022, 08:37 AM.

Comment

A drop in the bucket...what did I get myself into!

Name:	20220201_235126.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	206.1 KB
ID:	151463

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by VinceSE2 View Post

Great job guys!

Vince, since Ardalite 2014 isn't currently available I purchased 3M 08115 panel bonding adhesive, there is talk on the forums that maybe the 3M 07113 structural adhesive may be the better choice.

I wondered if you had any thoughts on this, thanks!

Instagram

Comment

Working...
                                X