Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome project. I'll study your progress as I have a bone stock 06 ZCP that I want do a 'build' on soon enough.

Comment

Starting to pile up more Alcantara interior parts
      1. OEM steering wheel reupholstered with Alcantara 9040, Yellow leather center band and Tri-Color stitching.
      2. E-Brake booth & handle
      3. Illuminated shift knob
      4. Armrest
      Still debating which center console to go with, and I need to remove the ash trays to ship to TexaZ3 for restoration. I got a carbon interior trim set in progress as well and debating PP ABE or SPG XL for the front seats. Ordered a few trims from Turner as well.

I started digging into the CSL airbox installation hardware & tuning options. It's fascinating how the information is so scattered on these, yet so many have been installed. I'm currently thinking of the MAP CSL conversion kit from Kassel.

Would love to hear people's inputs on that.

Click image for larger version  Name:	REC07069.jpg Views:	0 Size:	175.2 KB ID:	145714 Click image for larger version  Name:	REC07091.jpg Views:	0 Size:	106.9 KB ID:	145709 Click image for larger version  Name:	REC07073.jpg Views:	0 Size:	85.2 KB ID:	145707
      Click image for larger version  Name:	image_30674.jpg Views:	3 Size:	48.6 KB ID:	145705
      Click image for larger version  Name:	image_30679.jpg Views:	3 Size:	71.6 KB ID:	145710
      Click image for larger version  Name:	image_30675.jpg Views:	3 Size:	77.0 KB ID:	145706
      Click image for larger version  Name:	image_30680.jpg Views:	3 Size:	146.8 KB ID:	145711 Click image for larger version

Name:	REC07089.jpg
Views:	566
Size:	162.4 KB
ID:	145715
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Epoustouflant; 12-27-2021, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Belated congrats, and I respect your fanaticism. I'd like to ditch the one button wheel in my ZCP but the wiring is above my pay grade.
        Interlagos 06 M3, Autologic tune, Agency Power midpipes/exhaust, Fortune Auto coilovers, UUC SSK, ZKW-R lenses. MRegistry listing here

Comment

Originally posted by Epoustouflant View Post
          Continuing the parts pile up!

Things that are incoming or have arrived:
          • CF interior trims
          • Alcantara steering wheel, e brake boot, shift booth & center arm rest.
          • Illuminated alcantara shift knob
          • CSL airbox, snorkel & install kit
          • A & C OEM new pillars
          • LCI tailights covers & trims
          • OEM center mirror replacement
          • CSL wheels
          • ACL mixed set bearings & ARP bolts

I'l finally be able to get to unbolting the VF supercharger over the Christmas break to put it up for sale.

Next on the list:
          1. Has anyone had any chance restoring the center ashtrays? Mine are FUBAR and they aren't sold separately.
          2. Getting the prototype forged CSL wheels project going.
          3. Still trying to figure out what to do with the flywheel & clutch
          4. Chatting with a famous header manufacturer to introduce an alternative to the SS stepped headers.
          5. Front seats!
          6. Will inspect the suspension and brakes to see what's needed, and where to go from there.
          7. VANOS kit; I need to start researching this.
          What finish is that on the Haimus airbox? I don't see a matte finish option on their site. And how long did you have to wait to receive it after ordering?

Comment

Where did you get your stuff recovered? Been looking for a place locally...

Comment

Originally posted by Gearhead55 View Post

What finish is that on the Haimus airbox? I don't see a matte finish option on their site. And how long did you have to wait to receive it after ordering?
              I am the first matte finish and will be reviewing it, to introduce it later this Winter in a GB.

Roughly 8 weeks ETA. It's been shipped via UPS yesterday. I'm hoping to have it end of next week to thoroughly photoshoot.

You can get on the waiting list for it here.

Comment

Originally posted by lapoune View Post
                Where did you get your stuff recovered? Been looking for a place locally...
                In Quebec - where are you located?

Comment

I am the first matte finish and will be reviewing it, to introduce it later this Winter in a GB.

Roughly 8 weeks ETA. It's been shipped via UPS yesterday. I'm hoping to have it end of next week to thoroughly photoshoot.

You can get on the waiting list for it here.
                  dope, thanks for the info!

Comment

In Quebec - where are you located?
                    Montreal

Comment

Originally posted by lapoune View Post

Montreal
                      Right here.

Comment

I finally received the CSL airbox from Haimus Racing yesterday - I grabbed some unboxing pictures and starting posting my impressions on IG.

Unboxing
                        Design notes

It's their first matte "frozen" finish. I went with the optional Haimus sticker with PY color matched //. I also wanted the ABS printed snorkel - no flaps.

There will be a group buy soon on this once I get it installed and tuned.

You can get on the waiting list here.

Click image for larger version

Name:	REC07658.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	131.9 KB
ID:	150355

Name:	REC07601.jpg
Views:	401
Size:	154.3 KB
ID:	150352

Name:	REC07648.jpg
Views:	396
Size:	125.9 KB
ID:	150353

Name:	REC07620.jpg
Views:	393
Size:	109.2 KB
ID:	150354

Attached Files

Comment

That looks really good in matte. Nice notes on the IG. Can't wait to see the install as this unfolds.
                          Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Welcome to the matte airbox club.

Will be interesting to see power differences between this and karbonius.
                            2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post

Matte is definitely my preference for engine bay parts - it just looks nice, and less frequent detailing needed

Name:	REC06960.jpg
Views:	389
Size:	117.0 KB
ID:	150401

Click image for larger version  Name:	REC05595.jpg Views:	0 Size:	145.5 KB ID:	150400
                              Last edited by Epoustouflant; 01-26-2022, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post

Casa de Mesa and I intend to find this out for us. I'm waiting on bearing break in and I understand he has a car to put back together. We will report back...
                                Last edited by Mayan-Viking; 01-27-2022, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X