No announcement yet.

Obioban's 2005 IR/IR Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was curious to know whether or not you ever got upgraded fuel injectors to support cams and CSL intake. Seems to be a popular subject recently. Looks as though 550cc injectors are being recommended.

Any thoughts?
    2005 BMW M3 ZCP Black/Black - HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | 288/280 Schrick Cams+DLC Followers | Lang Head | Dinan TBs | Bosch 550cc | Radium Fuel System | Karbonious CSL Airbox+OE Snorkel | SS V1 Stepped+Catted Sec 1+Resonated Twin Pipe+Race | 3.91, 3 stage clutch | FCM 400/600 | Vorshlag Camber Plates, RSM | Rogue ASP | AKG FCABs, SFBs | TMS Front Sway, Camber Arms, Monoball RTABs, Pullies | Mason Race Strut + X-Brace | AS 30% SSK | SPAL | Redish Plates | Turbo Toys V2 Hub | WPC Rod Bearings

Comment

Originally posted by duracellttu View Post
      I was curious to know whether or not you ever got upgraded fuel injectors to support cams and CSL intake. Seems to be a popular subject recently. Looks as though 550cc injectors are being recommended.

Any thoughts?
      I have not.

My power curve isn't flattening up top, and my injectors aren't being run at 100%, so I don't see any reason to.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
      2012 LMB/Black 128i
      2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Car projects have been pretty slim, because I'm building a house...

... should I do a house build journal on here? Everything about the house is unusual construction methods, but this is a car forum, not a house forum...

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
        2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post
          Car projects have been pretty slim, because I'm building a house...

... should I do a house build journal on here? Everything about the house is unusual construction methods, but this is a car forum, not a house forum...
          I'd read through it. Especially if it includes some garage stuff
          2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Does the house run on a V10? What about the E60

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

I'd read through it. Especially if it includes some garage stuff
              This. Me too!

Comment

Did I miss thoughts on the wave lsd?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by mrgizmo04 View Post
                  Did I miss thoughts on the wave lsd?
                  Here:
                  Street review of wavetrac: indistinguishable from stock.
                  Wavetrac:
                  Mostly unnoticeable. In good ways and bad—silent, didn’t do anything that threw me off or unexpected, but also didn’t blow me away in any way. It feels instant, predicable, and doesn’t open up when I use curbs (more on that to come). It doesn’t do anything funky under braking, etc. I guess the only “bad” is that I just don’t feel… impressed? I don’t know. Perhaps I was expecting too much of a change. It just feels good, and didn’t do anything that caused me to think about it, good or bad.
                  I suppose I know what you mean-- you can feel the M clunk in the shifter. I do not, anymore.

FWIW, there's a search box at the top of each page, right next to the page selection tools for the thread:
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-01-31 at 6.22.19 AM.png
Views:	527
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	203278
                  Unlike the main search box all the way in the top-right, this one searches just the thread.
                  2008 M3 Sedan 6MT
                  Slicktop, no iDrive | Öhlins by 3DM Motorsport | Autosolutions | SPL

2012 Mazda5 6MT
                  Koni Special Active, Volvo parts

Comment

Originally posted by IamFODI View Post
                    Unlike the main search box all the way in the top-right, this one searches just the thread.
                    Thanks. Except that Tapatalk doesn't have a search within a thread feature...
                    And the main forum search - I can't even find my own posts using exact strings...🤷‍♂️

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

Tapatalk is terrible

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                      2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

Tapatalk is terrible
                        Plus one, sucks nuts.
                        3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

e39 M5 rolled over 200,000 miles

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3183.jpg
Views:	460
Size:	108.0 KB
ID:	208236

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                          2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

I wanted to ask your impressions on the CMP subframe solid mounts that you have installed, how is the NVH with going with solid mounts? I have stayed away from solid mounts in the past but see many members here use these subframe mounts.

I am mapping out my restoration on my m3, I am going to do the subframe reinforcement with a diff swap and wanted to make sure I take take of everything while I am back there.

Comment

Originally posted by bmw m3 s50 View Post
                              I wanted to ask your impressions on the CMP subframe solid mounts that you have installed, how is the NVH with going with solid mounts? I have stayed away from solid mounts in the past but see many members here use these subframe mounts.

I am mapping out my restoration on my m3, I am going to do the subframe reinforcement with a diff swap and wanted to make sure I take take of everything while I am back there.
                              I didn't notice any difference, which is praise from an NHV perspective. I generally hate solid mounts, but this seems like a place to do it in a pretty pain free manner.

Moving the subframe up, to restore some of the geometry changes from subframe plates pushing it down and the car being lower than stock, can only be better.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                              2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

I didn't notice any difference, which is praise from an NHV perspective. I generally hate solid mounts, but this seems like a place to do it in a pretty pain free manner.

Moving the subframe up, to restore some of the geometry changes from subframe plates pushing it down and the car being lower than stock, can only be better.
                                Makes sense, I was concerned about the NVH being solid mounts. I feel as I am getting older I tend to tolerate less from the car as I did when I was younger.

Is there any other things you can recommend while being back there doing the job?

Comment

Working...
                                X