Obioban's 2005 IR/IR Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by S14 View Post

OK, you're pretty well read on most subjects, So what am I missing here?

When I plug in a 2002 porsche 911 into FCP's website, I get both the DS2500 and DS11's. A few months back you could get Hawk DTC 60 or 70 for the 911, but I don't see those offered any longer, weird.

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/por...acing-frp3051w

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/por...acing-frp3051h

is a 2002 911 Carrera the wrong car to find parts for the 996 brembo upgrade?

DS2500 is a hybrid street/track compound, if they were trying to slow you down on nitto's, no wonder they didn't last!
    ... you rock. Ordering!

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
    2012 LMB/Black 128i
    2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

I know it’s been a while. But do you remember the mount you used to relocate the battery to the engine bay?

Comment

Originally posted by S3diment View Post
        I know it’s been a while. But do you remember the mount you used to relocate the battery to the engine bay?
        Made my own.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
        2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

OK, you're pretty well read on most subjects, So what am I missing here?

When I plug in a 2002 porsche 911 into FCP's website, I get both the DS2500 and DS11's. A few months back you could get Hawk DTC 60 or 70 for the 911, but I don't see those offered any longer, weird.

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/por...acing-frp3051w

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/por...acing-frp3051h

is a 2002 911 Carrera the wrong car to find parts for the 996 brembo upgrade?

DS2500 is a hybrid street/track compound, if they were trying to slow you down on nitto's, no wonder they didn't last!
          I'm feeling really dumb about this-- I really don't know how I missed that FCP sells the DS11s in these sizes! Never would I intentionally choose a "hybrid" pad, if I knew a track pad exists.

$400 flushed down the toilet...

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
          2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

I'm feeling really dumb about this-- I really don't know how I missed that FCP sells the DS11s in these sizes! Never would I intentionally choose a "hybrid" pad, if I knew a track pad exists.

$400 flushed down the toilet...
            If it makes you feel better, their catalog has DS2500 much more widely available than DS1.11s. I only saw the DS1.11 when I was browsing for the 997 at one point.
            '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

I can´t see 99% of the pics at 1st and 2nd pages... Anyway I´m enjoying the journal, bravo!

Comment

Originally posted by RevUpp View Post
                I can´t see 99% of the pics at 1st and 2nd pages... Anyway I´m enjoying the journal, bravo!
                Annoying... another image host lost

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

3 back to back track events left my car looking pretty dirty...

... but she still looked pretty good from a distance.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                  2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

After a few years and a few track events with those seats, what is your verdict on them?

Comment

After a few years and a few track events with those seats, what is your verdict on them?
                      I don't think there's a better seat made for a dual purpose (street and track) car.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                      2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

Looks good Ian! (The pics I can actually see anyway :P)

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0700 2.09.17 PM.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	122.6 KB ID:	83189

Time for a large project.

Wavetrac diff (stock ratio, because I hate more aggressive diffs) and diff rebuild (seals and bearings)
                          CMP subframe bushings
                          Monoball adjustable rear lower control arms
                          vincebar
                          Slonik rear plate
                          ... and sort of related, the FCM rear shocks and spring are part of this as well (front, too, obviously)

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                          2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

You are gonna love those CMP bushings. Looks awesome!

Comment

Are those the GC adjustable rear lower control arms with the sealed monoball?

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post
                                Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0700 2.09.17 PM.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	122.6 KB ID:	83189

Time for a large project.

Wavetrac diff (stock ratio, because I hate more aggressive diffs) and diff rebuild (seals and bearings)
                                CMP subframe bushings
                                Monoball adjustable rear lower control arms
                                vincebar
                                Slonik rear plate
                                ... and sort of related, the FCM rear shocks and spring are part of this as well (front, too, obviously)
                                Do you end up changing you spring rates? What did you decide in with the new FCM dampers?
                                2005 BMW M3 ZCP Black/Black - HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | 288/280 Schrick Cams+DLC Followers | Lang Head | Dinan TBs | Bosch 550cc | Radium Fuel System | Karbonious CSL Airbox+OE Snorkel | SS V1 Stepped+Catted Sec 1+Resonated Twin Pipe+Race | 3.91, 3 stage clutch | FCM 400/600 | Vorshlag Camber Plates, RSM | Rogue ASP | AKG FCABs, SFBs | TMS Front Sway, Camber Arms, Monoball RTABs, Pullies | Mason Race Strut + X-Brace | AS 30% SSK | SPAL | Redish Plates | Turbo Toys V2 Hub | WPC Rod Bearings

Comment

Working...
                                X