Nice choice on the brake color!

Comment

I like it! OE (textar) pads?
      DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
      /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
      More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by bigjae46 View Post
        Nice! I bleed in new calipers with Walmart brake fluid and then bleed Motul through. Saves money.

Glad I’m not the only one that business traveled and went car part shopping at night. Scored quite a few deals - best one was a 210mm diff with the ZF LSD for $250.
        Originally posted by RoyalFlushness View Post
        Nice choice on the brake color!
        Thanks! Yeah fun project. I like hunting for the parts as much as actually installing them.

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
        I like it! OE (textar) pads?
        Yeah I used the OE pads that came with the calipers to get everything installed but I'll be switching to the low dust/noise Akebono pads from FCP Euro. Also longer pads in the back to get full sweep on the rotors.

Comment

Just read the whole thread, what a beautiful build!

Honestly theres so many details I didn't even know existed. I thought I was being clever with my euro bumper.. I had no idea about the no-hook rear covers. I like the new switchpanel. great attention to detail man.

How are you cleaning these parts?? they look brand-new when you're done... or are you spraying them all afterwards?

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Om3n View Post
            Just read the whole thread, what a beautiful build!

Honestly theres so many details I didn't even know existed. I thought I was being clever with my euro bumper.. I had no idea about the no-hook rear covers. I like the new switchpanel. great attention to detail man.

How are you cleaning these parts?? they look brand-new when you're done... or are you spraying them all afterwards?
            Appreciate it! Yeah I feel like 70% of this build has been cleaning parts 😂. For general cleaning I use 50:50 mix of the POR-15 Degreaser with a scrub pad and microfiber towels. Works great on underbody plastic trim, heat shields, suspension etc. For smaller stuff it can be easier to just soak them in Simplegreen overnight. For protection I've been ceramic coating most parts. For stuff that may rust/corrode (coil overs, springs, rotor hats etc) I wipe with WD40 Corrosion Inhibitor after each wash.

Comment

I don't know if they have them in that size but I put the PFC Z-Rated Carbon Metallic pads on my ZHP and they seem to be lower dusting than the Akebonos that they replaced. Obviously more expensive but capable for agressive street/light track.

Comment

New brakes look fantastic Rob, can't wait to see the car again!

Comment

Originally posted by ZHPizza View Post
                  I don't know if they have them in that size but I put the PFC Z-Rated Carbon Metallic pads on my ZHP and they seem to be lower dusting than the Akebonos that they replaced. Obviously more expensive but capable for agressive street/light track.
                  Yeah those are great pads, ran them on my E92M. The Akebonos are really ZERO dust which I love on the street car. That said, they are pretty mushy pads....

Comment

The brakes look fantastic. You really nailed the color choice!
                    E46 324i k24/dct/turbo Build Thread
                    Phoenix Yellow e46m3 Build Thread

Comment

Starting to feel like spring here in NYC! Got out last weekend for a run up Storm King with EYEHAVEYOU, two of my favorites reds!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	51040825536_ac3712cc0f_b.jpg
Views:	1130
Size:	241.0 KB
ID:	91693

I've also started to ramp up prep for my rear sub frame rebuild. I keep waffling on what bushings I want to use. I do not want to add any NVH but I can also tell a lot of difference between this car and my silver track car. So looking for a happy medium. Currently my plan is the following:
                      • Rear Trailing Arms - Turner Motorsport Sealed Monoball (Currently installed and love them)
                      • Outer Control Arms - Rogue Engineering Bearing (These are installed on my track car for last 5 years no issues and no NVH)
                      • Inner Control Arms - Rogue Engineering Bearing (These are installed on my track car for last 5 years no issues and no NVH. Additional bonus, they can be torqued down while not at ride height which means I can assemble the sub frame off the car)
                      • Sub Frame Mounts - OE (alternative would be solid or Ply 95A but lot of conflicting info on NVH...)
                      • Diff Mounts - OE (will match sub frame)
                      I have a spare set of half shafts so I can pretty much build the entire subframe in advance and just swap in the diff! Going to replace the boots on the half shafts as well as the hubs and wheel bearings. I'm also going to try treating the hubs with black oxide to fight rust.

Name:	51011593923_3993a8dc1c_b.jpg
Views:	1052
Size:	140.6 KB
ID:	91694

Name:	51012402272_906f0535e8_b.jpg
Views:	1058
Size:	136.6 KB
ID:	91695

Plus another pick of the brakes just 'cuase I like looking at them

Name:	51040831386_f3f32eb2ec_b.jpg
Views:	1072
Size:	221.6 KB
ID:	91696

Comment

Car looks great! NExt time you shoot up to Storm King mtn let me know. I'm about 15-20 minutes from there. Id love to cruise w you guys.
                        Instagram: @_Frank_Stone_

Comment

Originally posted by Onefastsicilian View Post
                          Car looks great! NExt time you shoot up to Storm King mtn let me know. I'm about 15-20 minutes from there. Id love to cruise w you guys.
                          Absolutely!

Comment

Knocked a big item off the list last week; Dyno run! Made it over to RK Tunes on Thursday and had him do a complete Dyno tune. I'm still liking the Evolve tune but I wanted to check the power as well as see what Jordan could do with it.

Click image for larger version  Name:	51004217430_6ff2085215_b.jpg Views:	0 Size:	181.5 KB ID:	94584
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	51073499897_2ddf04c93e_b.jpg Views:	0 Size:	181.7 KB ID:	94585

After flashing the tune back to stock and Jordan doing his thing we ended up with 350 WHP & 261 Torque. Pretty happy with that.

Click image for larger version  Name:	51072704238_4001c320e0_b.jpg Views:	0 Size:	202.1 KB ID:	94586

Turn up the volume 👍

Also on Friday I made it over to Westchester BMW to take care of the airbag recall as well as getting the A/C filled. Then headed out for a nice drive enjoying the car!

Click image for larger version  Name:	51009800580_8404ebf870_b.jpg Views:	0 Size:	377.8 KB ID:	94593
                            Last edited by robgill; 03-28-2021, 11:56 AM.

Comment

This thing is a build done up proper. Awesome job!

Comment

The color of this car is insane in person!

Rob you killed it with this car.

Instagram: @_Frank_Stone_

Comment

Working...
                                X