No announcement yet.

Liam821's Phoenix Yellow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Impressive work 3D printing the clip. Looks like you won't need it but for anyone else following this thread, you can buy a headlight repair kit from BMW for $30 that includes the clips.
    '06 BMW M3 6MT Coupe - TiAg/Imola
    '99 BMW M3 5MT Coupe - Estoril/Dove
    '00 Honda Civic Si - Electron Blue Pearl/Black
    '11 Toyota Tacoma T/X TRD - Magnetic Grey/Grey

Instagram: @6spd_M3 | @midwesteuroparts

Comment

Originally posted by Titaniu//M View Post
      Impressive work 3D printing the clip. Looks like you won't need it but for anyone else following this thread, you can buy a headlight repair kit from BMW for $30 that includes the clips.
      Oh snap! I didn't know that. I guess I saved myself $30, but good to know. If anybody is looking for the STL for the headlight clip, just PM me and I'll be more than happy to give it to you.

BMW headlight repair kit: https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...h/63126904664/
      E46 324i k24/dct/turbo Build Thread
      Phoenix Yellow e46m3 Build Thread

Comment

This is a test post liam821 .

Comment

I've been so insanely busy lately I haven't had time to do anything car related... But I did wash the car the other day - literally the first time I've ever washed the car since I've owned it... And yeah, I washed it in the middle of the night because its the only time I can find the time. ugh

Comment

Looks great

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
            2012 LMB/Black 128i
            2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Let me know if you wanted to sell your staggered ZCP wheels, I'd come down from Seattle to pick them up 👍🏼

Car looks good.
              '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post
                Looks great
                . Thanks, Ian!

Originally posted by r4dr View Post
                Let me know if you wanted to sell your staggered ZCP wheels, I'd come down from Seattle to pick them up 👍🏼

Car looks good.
                I'll let you know for sure. They're actually not in the best condition, although they look pretty good in pictures freshly washed still "wet". The clear coat on the front driver side is peeling from brake fluid spilling all over it and has a big curb mark and the other three are a bit scratched here and there. I need to get new tires soon and was going to have them refinish at the same time.

Comment

Congrats on getting it road-ready, that's a big milestone. Car's looking great!

Comment

Looking good! Always love to see the early release colors of PY & LSB in action. 👍🏼

Comment

Doing a imola interior swap from dove. Have everything but the dash. Originally was going to just get a black one but I think I'm going to have my gray one wrapped in leather. Any chance you want to sell the imola wrapped dash. Great job on your project... I'll take an intake if u get that sorted out very cool to try and build that. Let me know thanks

Comment

Originally posted by 12Gage333 View Post
                        Doing a imola interior swap from dove. Have everything but the dash. Originally was going to just get a black one but I think I'm going to have my gray one wrapped in leather. Any chance you want to sell the imola wrapped dash. Great job on your project... I'll take an intake if u get that sorted out very cool to try and build that. Let me know thanks
                        I don't have my imola dash anymore. Unless you know somebody to do the leather wrapping, it's probably a lot more economical to source a clean black one. But I do like the leather-wrapped look!

Comment

It's been a while since I've updated this thread... here are some updates.

I've been back and forth a million times on what wheels I wanted to run. I ended up deciding I love the way the ZCPs look so I'd refinish the wheels I have. So I pulled them off and took them down to the same place that refinished my last set. They called me a day later "Ugh, hey Liam, turns out those wheels aren't real BMW wheels and all four are bent, one more than the others." Son-of-a... I didn't even think to look for the BBS logo on the wheels... 🤦‍♂️

So I looked around and finally found a set of wheels I like and ordered them up, but its gonna be a month or two until I get them. So for the mean time I borrowed a set of wheels from a buddy...

Work Emotion T5R 18x9.5 +12 front 18x10.5 +12 rear

I finally got around to wiring up the Z4 cruise control stalk, I made a DIY post with more information here: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...steering-wheel

I also swapped out the stock airbox for trumpets. I installed map and IAT sensors and flashed on Terra's CSL program and all is running well.

Took apart the stock airbox and removed the stock trumpets

Ready for paint

First coat

2nd coat, all finished

I designed and 3d printed a piece that holds the trumpets in place and angled correctly

They allow the use of all the stock mounting hardware

A set of ITG filters

All back together

Other than that, not much has been done. I've driven the car about 2000 miles this year and all has been good. I'm going to try to road-trip this car to San Diego next month because renting a Corolla sounds awful.

Comment

Saw your other thread with the trumpets and I have to say those look pretty slick. And yes, I can attest to our E46s being awesome road trip vehicles, having driven from Toronto to the pacific coast and back - for me personally the length of time I can drive the car scales with how interesting it is. Early last year myself and a few other people took a couple rented Caravans down to Austin and I couldn't drive nearly the amount of time I could with the E46 because it was such a dreary experience.

Comment

That bare trumpet setup looks sexy. Do you have any sound clips of it at wide open throttle?

Comment

Originally posted by Will View Post
                                That bare trumpet setup looks sexy. Do you have any sound clips of it at wide open throttle?
                                Yeah, here ya go. Not very good sound from my cellphone, but you'll get the idea.

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Comment

Working...
                                X