No announcement yet.

2002 Steel Grey 6spd coupe Daily/Restoration project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car is for sale - $25k if anyone here is interested or knows someone. Thanks, Tyler
    DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
    /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
    More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Noooo! Enjoyed reading up on the resto progress...

What's next??

Comment

Ya sorry, itching for a v10

this car is probably sold tomorrow I'll update

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post

You going Bangle Butt V10?
          2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
          2005 BMW ///M3
          Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
          2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
          2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
          2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Sharocks View Post

Sí señor

Comment

Don't blame you, there are too many cool cars out there to have two that are this similar. Your other one is perfectly modded too.

Comment

Thanks ya that was my feeling. I kept comparing the two, but my silvergrey was a super clean car to begin with that I've had 12 years so it's just not possible. Better to try a newer car with some muscle that I've been wanting for a little while. And worst case, I can always sell an e60/9x and get another E46 if I really wanted to.

Comment

Just to give this one a conclusion,

I got this one pretty much as good as I could without much heavier investment. I would have been perfectly fine keeping the car as my daily, you all know how much I love these cars, but I really felt like I should enjoy the v8/v10 before they get too expensive. A last hurrah of 20th century mechanical romance if you will.

I sold this car for $26k. 128k miles, 02/2002 original 6 speed, I was 3rd owner. Some were saying I should have asked more; it did sell in one day. It didn't have some major work done like RACP and the bearings need to be done in the next year or so imo, so I felt $26k was great.

I had been searching for an E60, but my friend's has been nothing but trouble, and felt, as my daily, it would have been a little too high maintenance even for me. My next thought was E90 as I did want 4 doors (more whores). I ended up getting a 48k 2011.5 slicktop e90 in Jerez/bamboo. I'll make a new journal.

Glad you all enjoyed this one. It was a whole lot of fun to work on in 2021 with covid keeping me home so much.

Viva la E46!

Comment

Originally posted by Sharocks View Post

That v10 exhaust note is intoxicating.

I got this one pretty much as good as I could without much heavier investment. I would have been perfectly fine keeping the car as my daily, you all know how much I love these cars, but I really felt like I should enjoy the v8/v10 before they get too expensive. A last hurrah of 20th century mechanical romance if you will.

I sold this car for $26k. 128k miles, 02/2002 original 6 speed, I was 3rd owner. Some were saying I should have asked more; it did sell in one day. It didn't have some major work done like RACP and the bearings need to be done in the next year or so imo, so I felt $26k was great.

I had been searching for an E60, but my friend's has been nothing but trouble, and felt, as my daily, it would have been a little too high maintenance even for me. My next thought was E90 as I did want 4 doors (more whores). I ended up getting a 48k 2011.5 slicktop e90 in Jerez/bamboo. I'll make a new journal.

Glad you all enjoyed this one. It was a whole lot of fun to work on in 2021 with covid keeping me home so much.

Viva la E46!
                    335i with the N55 or M3 with the S65?
                    Garage:
                    2002 BMW M3: Slicktop jetblack/cinnamon. SMG to 6-speed. Arc-8's. Koni yellows/Dinan springs. Macht elbow. Megan headers. Stock section 1+AR20. SCZA section 3.
                    1998 Mercedes E300 Turbodiesel: Pizza bag warmer.

Comment

An M3, good lord

Comment

I also wash, then soak plastics in a rejuvenator/cleaner. I really like 303, but for heavier duty cleaning and restoration (as opposed to just protecting), I'm actually loving this Meguiar's stuff more. It's a marine product, but wow it works.

Click image for larger version

Name:	steelgreyday17.JPG
Views:	830
Size:	269.9 KB
ID:	112483
                        Hey Tbone. I just went through your entire other cars journal (every single post) looking for that Meguiars stuff when I realized that it was in this car's build journal that I saw it! Ha! I'm an idiot! I'm just glad that you haven't started a build journal for the third car yet...

My question is this. I just ordered two bottles of that stuff based upon your rave reviews. Any tips for the first time user on the best way to use it? I'm attacking old dirty plastics this weekend on my hooptie.
                        Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

I’m interested too. I also have a steel gray metallic M3 coupe, but mine has an Imola red interior.

Comment

The marine meg's protectant, like other marine products, I've found, smells pretty bad, so I reserve it only for exterior parts. I use 303 protectant for interior.

The Megs cleans pretty well, but I still would wash and maybe degrease the dirtiest parts before applying the Megs. I let it soak in. It finishes with a pretty matte look which is nice. Less shiny than 303.

I like this stuff so much, I use it now as a tire dressing, and it's better than anything tire-specific I've ever used.

It plays well with water considering it's synthetic chemicals, so you can dilute and increase your supply for lighter refurbishing/renewing.

I even use this Megs to rehydrate a worn out 303 wipe, if I need it to stretch a little farther.

I can't think of a downside other than smell. And it's $9!

Comment

Viva la E46!
                              Congrats on the E90 M3. Have always wanted an LCI DCT one. Maybe one day LOL

Comment

The marine meg's protectant, like other marine products, I've found, smells pretty bad, so I reserve it only for exterior parts. I use 303 protectant for interior.

The Megs cleans pretty well, but I still would wash and maybe degrease the dirtiest parts before applying the Megs. I let it soak in. It finishes with a pretty matte look which is nice. Less shiny than 303.

I like this stuff so much, I use it now as a tire dressing, and it's better than anything tire-specific I've ever used.

It plays well with water considering it's synthetic chemicals, so you can dilute and increase your supply for lighter refurbishing/renewing.

I even use this Megs to rehydrate a worn out 303 wipe, if I need it to stretch a little farther.

I can't think of a downside other than smell. And it's $9!
                                This is better than I could have hoped for. Thanks for this. Will give it a go this weekend!

When you let it soak in, do you let it dry? Or wipe away after a while?

In your photos, it looks like you got them pretty wet and walked away. Just curious if you ever wipe the parts down or just let them air dry.
                                Last edited by Casa de Mesa; 03-17-2022, 04:56 AM.
                                Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Working...
                                X