Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you code CSL oil level indicator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when i ran the CSL software i had this working and i really did like it. I typically used the "real time" mode by letting the car sit for 2 min on a flat surface and then pressing and holding the sport button to see the flashing values in the cluster for oil level and it was fairly accurate for me.

i am sad now that i wont be able to use this since im going turbo and thus have to use a NON CSL software for my turbo tune as the base map and lose the oil level functionality. its just one of those really neat small detail features that are OEM+ that help set a car off if thats what you are going for.

i really am hoping there is a day that someone is able to figure out what piece of code to transpose over to the NON CSL software to get this working.

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

You need CSL firmware on your DME to get it to work. I'm assuming the alpha n tune is based on the regular HP firmware, which means that even though it's enabled on the cluster, the DME won't be sending over the pertinent information.

Also, if you pull the cluster, you'll find the version number printed on a sticker. Undo the two screws at the top and pull towards you to get it out.
      Can the cluster version also be read by INPA or perhaps using NCS Dummy?

Comment

Originally posted by ac427 View Post

Can the cluster version also be read by INPA or perhaps using NCS Dummy?
        Yup, NCS Expert should show you the version as well.
        2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	BD8B3211-2F56-4657-BF1D-9F171062D088.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	82.0 KB ID:	97269 Click image for larger version  Name:	9AFB4DA9-9EFE-40F6-8684-A1D7EE913E13.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	59.1 KB ID:	97268

The CSL oil dipstick is different the maximum and minimal reading on the dipstick is lower compared to the stock M3

right side CSL left side M3 in all photos above

It is roughly 4mm lower measured from top and bottom of the tube.

I would say the digital oil level reading has been set to be more conservative and to trigger earlier than the stock M3 software versions so it makes no sense to change it.
          Last edited by NZ_M3; 04-07-2021, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NZ_M3 View Post
            Click image for larger version Name:	BD8B3211-2F56-4657-BF1D-9F171062D088.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	82.0 KB ID:	97269 Click image for larger version Name:	9AFB4DA9-9EFE-40F6-8684-A1D7EE913E13.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	59.1 KB ID:	97268

The CSL oil dipstick is different the maximum and minimal reading on the dipstick is lower compared to the stock M3

I would say the digital oil level reading has been set to be more conservative and to trigger earlier than the stock M3 software versions so it makes no sense to change it.
            Interesting, thanks for the information!
            2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
            Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
            Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
            RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
            Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by NZ_M3 View Post
              Click image for larger version Name:	BD8B3211-2F56-4657-BF1D-9F171062D088.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	82.0 KB ID:	97269 Click image for larger version Name:	9AFB4DA9-9EFE-40F6-8684-A1D7EE913E13.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	59.1 KB ID:	97268

Thats great info. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X