No announcement yet.

INPA step by step install guide?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That looks like it should work, can anyone else comment as my knowledge on this is limited.

I use this Kline cable w/ bimmergeeks standard tools (INPA) to pull engine codes. It wont read other modules.

I also have the cheaper of the 2 bimmergeeks cables, its a D+KCAN, I have not yet used it to try to read anything other that engine fault codes. When I've got some free time I'll try to read another module and report back.
    2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
    Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
    Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
    RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
    Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by x Spades x View Post

Yeah I did.
      I can read the errors and reset my adaptions... but when I try to go into the smg module, it says error, program will stop, then kicks me back out to select the car model.
      From another thread:

Originally posted by Stepstools View Post
      You will need to solder pins 7 and 8 on your cable together. The engine uses k-line on pin 7 while all other systems are on pin 8.
      Click image for larger version  Name:	bmw_obd_ii_diagnostic.jpg Views:	75 Size:	62.8 KB ID:	7422
      So yeah, first and foremost make sure pins 7 and 8 are continuous.
      2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Update:

I purchased the cord from Bimmergeeks (with the external switch), and everything worked.

Comment

That’s the first cable I ever bought. Haven’t had any issues for 3 years

Comment

Working...
          X