S54 stock injectors max power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S54 stock injectors max power

Hi! I'm going to do CSL airbox + schrick 288/280 cams. I have a question about fuel- will M3 E46 stock fuel pump and stock injectors will be fine with this mods?

Barely. Headers too? You probably want to upgrade the injectors. If you do any headwork and TBs, definitely. Pump is fine.
    DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
    /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
    More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
      Barely. Headers too? You probably want to upgrade the injectors. If you do any headwork and TBs, definitely. Pump is fine.
      I have S54 in E30 so my setup is rebuilded engine, no porting or changed valves- only shrick DLC rocker arms and supertech valve springs. I have euro headers with custom double 2.5 inches exhaust, no mods on power except airbox and shrick cams.

Comment

Maybe during your dyno tune your tuner can see what the duty cycle is and how maxed out you are currently?
        DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
        /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
        More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

You are 100% wasting your time if you don't upgrade injectors with cams. I have a built head with 280/272 cams and everything else imaginable and my car hilariously ran out of fuel on brand new oem injectors. Stock is almost maxed out of the box.

More aggressive cam = more fuel so yes you need them.
          2003 E46 M3 TiAg/Cinnamon 6MT
          2005 E46 330i ZHP Imola/Sand

| Karbonius | Schrick | Supertech | Volk | Recaro | FCM | SuperSprint | Turner | Hyperco | GC | PFC | VAC | OMP | Radium Engineering | MPRacing |

Instagram:@thegenius46m

NorCal DME Programming and Coding Expert

Comment

Originally posted by thegenius46m View Post
            You are 100% wasting your time if you don't upgrade injectors with cams. I have a built head with 280/272 cams and everything else imaginable and my car hilariously ran out of fuel on brand new oem injectors. Stock is almost maxed out of the box.

More aggressive cam = more fuel so yes you need them.
            Which one do you recommend and how much flow I need? As I searched- stock 280cc, at least 330cc should fit well?

Comment

Just finished my engine build and made a respectable 370whp on a mustang dyno which is excellent but my flow matched stock injectors are maxed out and I need to upgrade to something with more flow. I was recommended at least 440cc like the bosch green giant as well as 550cc but am looking to see if there are any options that
              2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                Maybe during your dyno tune your tuner can see what the duty cycle is and how maxed out you are currently?
                Yeah, definitely tuner will but I want to buy all parts before I finish airbox mods, not to waste time for waiting till injectors will be delivered)

Comment

Originally posted by BMWfanz View Post
                  Which one do you recommend and how much flow I need? As I searched- stock 280cc, at least 330cc should fit well?
                  I have bosch 550cc ev14 and they are plenty for NA. I'm making close to 370whp revving to 8500rpm and they are not maxed but I'm using much more fuel than laughable stock injectors.
                  2003 E46 M3 TiAg/Cinnamon 6MT
                  2005 E46 330i ZHP Imola/Sand

| Karbonius | Schrick | Supertech | Volk | Recaro | FCM | SuperSprint | Turner | Hyperco | GC | PFC | VAC | OMP | Radium Engineering | MPRacing |

Instagram:@thegenius46m

NorCal DME Programming and Coding Expert

Comment

Working...
                  X