This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by E46m3zcp View Post
    What is the 0DA supposed to be used for ? How do they relate to each other ?
    An 0DA daten file and a partial bin contain the same data, they're just structured differently. Binaries are just easier to work with because of all the tools available that can interact with them (like Martyn's tool and the xdf definitions for tuner pro on GitHub). There's even tools available to convert between 0DA and bin files: https://www.ecuworx.co.uk/2016/03/09...tool-released/.

To be honest, I've never messed around with 0DA files because the binaries are easier to work with.
    2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Im thinking maybe Rohacell.com
      They have an automotive product

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Comment

Is there any wiki or help that tells what each function of the XDF does?

Comment

Slowly translating the MSS54 funktion document. Otherwise there are hints such as what K_MD_ASC stand for

The readme.md of the first page at github gives some info such as:

K - constants, ie bit switches, flags, etc
          KL - Kennlinnie - dataline, for example the linearization curves for sensors
          KF - Kennfeld - Map table
          The format usually sticks to type_datacontent_axis_axis so KF_TI_N_RF is map:injection:rpm:relative filling

and:
          AR ANTIRUCKELFUNKTION Anti-bucking
          AQ AQUER aquer
          AUSS Aussetzerkennung Misfire code/detection
          BA BA ??
          BZ Betriebszustaende Operating states
          CAN CAN_Schnittstelle CAN bus interface/control
          CAN CAN_Schnittstelle-Slave CAN bus interface/control slave
          DA D/A_Konfiguration Digital/Analog conversion/configuration
          DKBA DKBA Contains Alpha-N map
          DWF Drehzahlwarnfeld Speed warning field
          DSV Druckspeicherventil Accumulator valve
          DYN Dynamik dynamics
          EDK EDK Throttle Body
          EDISI EDK_Soll_Ist EDK actual
          EGAS EGAS Electronic Throttle system
          ?? Eigendiagnose self-diagnosis
          TI Einspritzung injection
          ELU Elektroluefter electric fan
          FGR FGR Cruise Control
          FR FUELLUNGSREGLER Combustion controller (adapt values)
          ?? Fehlerfilter Kontrolle error filter
          VDIAG Fz_Geschwindigkeit Vehicle speed
          GANG Gangerkennung Gear Recognition/Detection
          KATH Katheiz_Funktion Catalytic heater function
          KATS Katschutz Catalytic protection
          KKOS Klimaanlage air conditioning
          KM Klopfen knock
          EKP Kraftstoffpumpe Fuel pump
          LLR LEERLAUFREGLER Idle control
          ?? Lambda lambda
          ?? Lambda-OBD Lambda OBD
          ?? Lambdadiagnose lambda diagnosis
          ?? Lamdasondenheizung Lambda probe heating
          HFM Lasterfassung load detection
          LU Laufunruhe rough running
          LL LeerLaufSYNChornisation Idle synchronization
          LFR Leerlaufregelung Idle speed control
          LLS Leerlaufsteller Idle adjuster
          ?? Messwerte Observations
          MD Momentenmanager Moment Manager
          NO_FUNCTION NO_FUNCTION Miscellaneous
          OEK OEK ??
          TOG Oelniveaugeber Oil level sensor/readings
          PDR PDR varies with time (?)
          ?? Relativer_Oeffnungsquerschnitt relative opening cross
          SA_WE SA_WE Temperature functions
          SSP Saugstrahlpumpe eductor
          SWE Schlechtweg-Erkennung rough road detection
          SLS, SLP, SLV Sekundaerluftsystem Secondary air system
          SERVO Servotronic Servotronic adjustable steering ratio system (non-M3)
          SK Sicherheitskonzept Security concept
          START Startrelais Starter relay
          ?? System_Kontrolle System control
          TW TPU_Synchronisation TPU synchronization
          TE, TEA Tankentlueftung Tank vent or Evaporator canister purge control
          LDP Tankleckdiagnose Tank leak diagnosis
          EVAN, AVAN Vanos EVAN: Intake Vanos, AVAN: Exhaust Vanos
          ?? Versionskontrolle version control
          TZ Zuendung ignition
          SMG smg smg
          TunerPro XDFs, DTCs, A2L, DIY Bench Flash Harness, Swap XDFs COMPREHENSIVE

Comment

Hello I am new on the forum I live in Corsica so please excuse the spelling which comes from google translation my car is a m3 e46 from 2002 where i have already installed the mss54hp with the csl nose and the carbon box i would like to know how to check that the binfull csl is correctly installed because the program numbers in the dme do not change after the flash thank you

Comment

Is there anyone that knows what is required to do the drive by wire delete,(software wise). So that you can use drive by cable on the S54?
              Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by Basketcase View Post
                Is there anyone that knows what is required to do the drive by wire delete,(software wise). So that you can use drive by cable on the S54?
                Thanks in advance
                This drive by cable never works for SMG as the DME needs to control the rpm.
                For 6mt, I'm sure the DME needs to be bypassed the gas pedal encoded data input to avoid it generating the error flag when the TB position feedback not matching with the pedal input.

Comment

My understand is the MSS54 vs MSS54HP only difference is the flash PROM chips, 256KB vs 512KB. So to convert the MSS54 board to MSS54HP, one needs to remove the 2 chips (512KB) from a S54HP then read and save the files using something like the chip programmer below, then program the files into the two new chips (512K), i.e. AM29F400BB-60SC
                  from https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...W34bxMGA%3D%3D
                  then solder the new programmed chips back to the S54 DME board and now it become a S54HP DME.
                  Have anyone done this before?

https://www.batronix.com/shop/progra...e%20USB%20port.
                  Last edited by sapote; 03-27-2021, 07:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sapote View Post
                    My understand is the MSS54 vs MSS54HP only difference is the flash PROM chips, 256KB vs 256KB. So to convert the MSS54 board to MSS54HP, one needs to remove the 2 chips (256KB) from a S54HP then read and save the files using something like the chip programmer below, then program the files into the two new chips (256k), i.e. AM29F400BB-60SC
                    from https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...W34bxMGA%3D%3D
                    then solder the new programmed chips back to the S54 DME board and now it become a S54HP DME.
                    Have anyone done this before?

https://www.batronix.com/shop/progra...e%20USB%20port.
                    Jump to post #9 for info on first converting an MSS54 into an MSS54HP (non CSL). This was originally posted by Terra on M3Forum. I just went through this process, so I thought I would bring over all the posts from that thread that were relevant to the process. I've also added some information afterwards about converting and
                    2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Basketcase View Post
                      Thanks in advance
                      There is no good reason to do drive by cable with this engine/ECU.
                      TunerPro XDFs, DTCs, A2L, DIY Bench Flash Harness, Swap XDFs COMPREHENSIVE

Comment

hello after installing a new non-virgin eeprom and reprogramming with vvid the restart dme not need some virgin eeprom by chance thank you

Comment

Odd question, I've been running the same software for quite some time(can't recall the version #) but I've had obd2 scanner and readers always working fine but somewhere along the line of my multiple revisions of my tune and refreshing, my OBD port no longer reports data to and scanners or gauges. It connects to the Bluetooth modules etc as there is power but won't connect to the car. I can tune and connect and read codes via INPA etc but regular scanners no. I know early 2000s there was that encrypted data stream recall. Mine is an 02 but indont know why it would stop working randomly when I haven't changed software versions in a long time. I'm still using a euro based software, same as I have been using for many years without issues. I feel it's almost like the same issue Awron had with their vent gauge where they say it doesn't work on some E46 M3's with a tune and Euro M3's.

Any ideas??
                          Last edited by Tchleung; 04-20-2021, 06:40 AM.

Comment

Do these maps look right? This is from a 0401 csl tune hosted this github modified for stock US m3 cams: https://github.com/YulCmr/MSS54_HP_C...info_gathering

Load base map

Click image for larger version

Name:	load base fuel map.JPG
Views:	1397
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	104625

Full throttle map

Click image for larger version

Name:	full throttle map.JPG
Views:	1507
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	104624

Comment

I have an 04 M3 with manufacture date of 11/03, so I am guessing/hoping that it has an MSS54HP DME. Trying to understand what is different between having a standard boot loader (stock that came with the car) versus having a CSL boot loader.
                              2004 Mystic Blue M3 | 6-speed | Coupe
                              Karbonius CSL-style airbox | OEM CSL snorkel & flap | Schrick 280 / 272 cams with followers | CSL inconel exhaust valves
                              SuperSprint 63.5mm stepped headers, section-1 with sport cats, and resonated twin-pipe section-2
                              ITG CSL Airbox Airfilter| Karbonius E46 microfilter cover
                              Karbonius M3 E46 CSL trunklid | Ohlin's BMS MI30 coilovers

Comment

Does anyone know the hex location for the ISN to clear out so I can realign a dme with the ews. It was in the old thread but I can’t find a cached version of it unfortunately.

Comment

Working...
                                X