Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A quick and easy way to street tune your CSL conversion for drivability.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A quick and easy way to street tune your CSL conversion for drivability.

I've told someone on this forum before that I'll show how I merge Lambda Integrator/AFR data logs with the VE table to semi-automate tuning. I finally got to doing this.

I usually use MATLAB, but it is a bit of a niche software so I made spreadsheet and a video for you all. Link for the spreadsheet and the configuration file for MegalogViewer are in the video description.

The main idea is to use average Lambda Integrator values and multiply them into the VE table. It never overshoots just because of how integrator is calculated and took me about 5 good drives to go from trash to a pretty nice tune. You will need a wideband for the wide open bits when you go into open loop, but thats honestly the easiest part of tuning. I got tired of people claiming that a few wide open pulls on a dyno is a tune, but I do realize its also unrealistic to expect OE level refinement from a person and his laptop while you pay him $500.
    Be careful to not data log when your engine is cold (you have a separate table for cold). I disabled long term fuel trims as speed density doesn't really care about air leaks in the system, but still periodically check to make sure everything is happy.

Hope it makes sense, if it doesn't I'll do my best to explain better. I may try and do a macro in the future to really automate it, but if you got this far with your CSL tune, you got it.

https://youtu.be/V6nvetZfuy8?si=EDLbYT2QZTPkxS5F

https://docs.google.com/file/d/1NiMCiA2VQ_EYIS6i_QZ13gksjLwfPK-O/edit?usp=docslist_api&filetype=msexcel

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1isO7rw4WOJe5gc5ykPRTjmLipNVMbHyR/view?usp=drivesdk
    Last edited by Pavlo; 11-16-2023, 03:04 PM.

Ooooohhhh. Very nice.

Is there a way to also fine tune the cold table? That's where my car really need improvement.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
    2012 LMB/Black 128i
    2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Thank you!

The hyper links in the video don’t seem to work, they’ve been cut off and augmented with ‘…’ - can you post the links here as well please?

Edit: maybe seems like a dumb question but can you also include your method for disabling long term fuel trims so the setup is identical?
      Last edited by Bry5on; 11-16-2023, 06:58 AM.
      ‘02 332iT / 6 | ‘70 Jaguar XJ6 electric conversion

Comment

What conversion factor are you using for aq_rel?

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post
          Ooooohhhh. Very nice.

Is there a way to also fine tune the cold table? That's where my car really need improvement.
          There sure is: same process but set a filter in MegalogViewer to 70C engine temp, that’s when it switches. The entire table is also scaled differently, so there is a bit of work to do there with the layout. I kind of wish the standard corrections just did this instead of an entire VE table, but it is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Bry5on View Post
            Thank you!

The hyper links in the video don’t seem to work, they’ve been cut off and augmented with ‘…’ - can you post the links here as well please?

Edit: maybe seems like a dumb question but can you also include your method for disabling long term fuel trims so the setup is identical?
            Fixed.
            I’ll take a look, I am fairly certain I just moved the long term learning minimum temperature to some value above operating temp.
            Last edited by Pavlo; 11-16-2023, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SliM3 View Post
              What conversion factor are you using for aq_rel?
              I am not using one. I am under the impression that relative opening is a mixture of ICV/TPS/MAP and is directly tied to the load table. This definitely corrects the whole table as I would otherwise have a run-away condition if my cells weren’t in the right places. I’ve asked many moons ago on this forum if aq_rel is load and was told it was, what is your reasoning for the question?
              Last edited by Pavlo; 11-16-2023, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pavlo View Post

I am not using one. I am under the impression that relative opening is a mixture of ICV/TPS/MAP and is directly tied to the load table. This definitely corrects the whole table as I would otherwise have a run-away condition if my cells weren’t in the right places. I’ve asked many moons ago on this forum if aq_rel is load and was told it was, what is your reasoning for the question?
                Sorry, that was a vague question!
                I was referring to the y-axis conversion formula for hex to decimal in your TunerPro VE map. I use (0.0030517578125*x) and mine doesn't align like it should (i.e. 10.01, 14.99, 64.99 aq_rel; instead of 10.00, 15.00, 65.00 aq_rel like yours), so was curious what formula you're using.

Also man, great work on your tuning tool!!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	VE_map.jpg
Views:	848
Size:	125.9 KB
ID:	242363
                Last edited by SliM3; 11-16-2023, 01:58 PM.

Comment

I feel like I must be in the 0.001% who is more comfortable in matlab than a spreadsheet.

Very cool, thank you for sharing.

Comment

Hello! A little question where can be find such XDF file with 24*20 table and such parametrs? XDF from github does not have such parametrs

Comment

Originally posted by pnvhome View Post
                      Hello! A little question where can be find such XDF file with 24*20 table and such parametrs? XDF from github does not have such parametrs
                      ‘02 332iT / 6 | ‘70 Jaguar XJ6 electric conversion

Comment

Got a question, so i made first run, edited RF table, all was good, but i undertstand that run was really short, so today i made a new run, used new RF table from last edited, paste them in Excel and got numbers like 21.023 i paste them in TABLE in Turner pro, press save, and when i reopen all digits changed from 21.023 - to 21.000, can some one send XDF parametrs for this table? Because i think some thing is wrong in settings of that table (from github)
                        she rounds to tenths, instead of leaving thousandths, it doesn’t seem like a big difference, but something tells me that this is not entirely correct
                        Thanks!
                        Last edited by pnvhome; 11-18-2023, 06:08 AM.

Comment

A bit slow on the draw here, do you need to download megalog viewer, tunerstudio as well as tunerpro?
                          2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                          Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                          Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                          RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                          Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by SliM3 View Post

Sorry, that was a vague question!
                            I was referring to the y-axis conversion formula for hex to decimal in your TunerPro VE map. I use (0.0030517578125*x) and mine doesn't align like it should (i.e. 10.01, 14.99, 64.99 aq_rel; instead of 10.00, 15.00, 65.00 aq_rel like yours), so was curious what formula you're using.

Also man, great work on your tuning tool!!!!
                            I've never changed it and interestingly enough as I opened TunerPro just now it looks just like yours! Aside for some minor changes (like units) the XDF I use is the commonly found for the CSL -335 variant. Seems its some strange rounding structure in TunerPro, but can probably drop it down to a single decimal point. I totally read that as a Multiplier that is applied to the logged aq_rel!

And thank you! The result of many hours of suffering.
                            Last edited by Pavlo; 11-20-2023, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pnvhome View Post
                              I forget who the author of this one is, it was on the old M3 forum MSS54 master thread. I did not make it, but since it was publicly posted in the past, I don't mind sharing it: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nyV...ew?usp=sharing

If the author does not want this XDF shared, please let me know and I'll delete the link.

Comment

Working...
                              X