No announcement yet.

Fix For Error Code Reading on MSSFlasher CSL Tune

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which wideband and setup are you using? And any pics where you installed the sensor?
    Last edited by 0-60motorsports; 07-11-2020, 02:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sc_tr0jan_m3 View Post
      looking for some confirmation from others. i just came home from just testing the csl upgrade and overall pretty happy. my only trouble were the AFRs that i saw when going WOT on an on-ramp. i saw them dip into 10.5 and hold steady around there.

i'm running a karbonius intake, stock cams, and the IAT/MAP sensors were installed and confirmed they're reading well, but i'm a bit concerned on those AFRs. i've also been battling a bank 1 too rich code that keeps coming back even after checking the engine mechanically. on the previous tune, it'd dip into the 12.5's and hold there.

any reactions to what i saw from my wideband on this new CSL tune? has anyone else seen the same?
      It needs tuning, simple as.

Comment

Originally posted by Martyn View Post

It needs tuning, simple as.
        Thought so, thanks for confirming Martyn. I've already sent the bin out to my tuner to help give it a refresh.
        2018 Grigio Telesto F80 M3 DCT | :: Bone Stock ::
        2004 Titanium Silver E46 M3 6 Speed | :: Track Car ::

Comment

Originally posted by sc_tr0jan_m3 View Post

Thought so, thanks for confirming Martyn. I've already sent the bin out to my tuner to help give it a refresh.
          Who is your tuner? I had Kassel give me their performance tune and am pretty confident its running quite rich although I have not tested it. I plan on getting it dyno tuned remotely by Hassan once my SSV1'S get installed. But that Kassel tune just seems like it's dumping too much fuel. Also, at 4.5K the vanos (or something else) makes the car feel like someone all of the sudden pressed the Sport Button. Its annoying to say the least because if I don't let off the gas a little bit when this "surge" kicks in the car just kind of launces foward abruptly and makes it appear as though I am trying to race/show off. Kassel swears they didn't mess with throttle mapping, and that looks to be the case.
          2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
          Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
          Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
          RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
          Instagram

Comment

Just came back from the TX state inspection and my car passed with this firmware on the DME. We're allowed one incomplete for the inspection, so best to check your own details to pass the inspection.
            2018 Grigio Telesto F80 M3 DCT | :: Bone Stock ::
            2004 Titanium Silver E46 M3 6 Speed | :: Track Car ::

Comment

This worked perfectly, thank you!

Comment

anyone know how to change the VIN on the DME once you have the CSL software on? i tried using the WINKFP procedure but i am told it will not change due to CSL software

Comment

Originally posted by T3amfish View Post
                  anyone know how to change the VIN on the DME once you have the CSL software on? i tried using the WINKFP procedure but i am told it will not change due to CSL software
                  I changed my VIN on CSL software using Tool32, see here: https://www.ecuworx.co.uk/2016/02/26...f-with-tool32/

Comment

Master-bootloader from Paffy is wrong, because CRC must be 9DBB and not 3C45
                    Slave-bootloader is fine.
                    Bootloader (CRCs are ok) and prog from Terra are wrong, so I did no further checks on Terra bin file.
                    But I know Terra works.
                    Maybe the changes does not effect anything

Comment

Big bump, but Paffy's file is the modified one correct so that we can read error codes? If so, do we still need to change 0xE002 from 00 to 01? I would have that thought that would be the fixed binary?

Comment

About to get my MSS54HP DME modified so that it can operate the flap. Reading the notes in the GitHub project, I saw this:
                        To convert your MSS54HP to a "CSL Clone" without the H-Bridge to run the intake flap, flash the included Full Binary in this folder, then the 0401 partial.
                        What should I do to get an operational flap then?

Summarizing what I am hoping to achieve:
                        1. Using US-spec MSS54HP, which will get the hardware mods for flap operation.
                        2. IAT and MAP sensors installed.
                        3. Operate the flap.
                        4. Able to read codes, get emissions inspection via OBD-II port.
                        2004 Mystic Blue M3 | 6-speed | Coupe
                        Karbonius CSL-style airbox | OEM CSL snorkel & flap | Schrick 280 / 272 cams with followers | CSL inconel exhaust valves
                        SuperSprint 63.5mm stepped headers, section-1 with sport cats, and resonated twin-pipe section-2
                        ITG CSL Airbox Airfilter| Karbonius E46 microfilter cover
                        Karbonius M3 E46 CSL trunklid | Ohlin's BMS MI30 coilovers

Comment

No chance to operate flap without H-Bridge

Comment

Originally posted by ppm008 View Post
                            No chance to operate flap without H-Bridge
                            Agreed. Hence why I am looking to get the DME updated as mentioned in point 1 above.

What I am trying to figure out if terra's binary will operate the flap or if I would need a different binary?
                            2004 Mystic Blue M3 | 6-speed | Coupe
                            Karbonius CSL-style airbox | OEM CSL snorkel & flap | Schrick 280 / 272 cams with followers | CSL inconel exhaust valves
                            SuperSprint 63.5mm stepped headers, section-1 with sport cats, and resonated twin-pipe section-2
                            ITG CSL Airbox Airfilter| Karbonius E46 microfilter cover
                            Karbonius M3 E46 CSL trunklid | Ohlin's BMS MI30 coilovers

Comment

Originally posted by terra View Post

That program also has the changes to trigger the alternator light over the CAN-bus. To enable that, you'd set 0x5968 to 01 05 0A and enable "GENERATOR_UEBER_CAN" in your instrument cluster. If you already have the direct wiring done, then you could leave it alone and things will function like they did before.
                              Bumping to get clarity with the alternator in '04+ cars. I have a 2006 ZCP, the battery has drained on me a few times but mostly when the car has been sitting for a few days. Finally replaced the battery but now I'm running into SMG issues. Planning on testing the alternator voltage tomorrow but now I'm seeing this - do all '04+ cars need this change/direct wiring? I'm wondering if my alternator is causing the SMG issues + CSL tune is causing the alternator issues.

Could someone elaborate on this alternator caveat? Searching, I'm not running into enough detailed info about this so I was hoping someone could enlighten me on the why/what of this on the CSL Tune.
                              2006 M3 ZCP

Comment

Originally posted by SUPREM3/// View Post

Bumping to get clarity with the alternator in '04+ cars. I have a 2006 ZCP, the battery has drained on me a few times but mostly when the car has been sitting for a few days. Finally replaced the battery but now I'm running into SMG issues. Planning on testing the alternator voltage tomorrow but now I'm seeing this - do all '04+ cars need this change/direct wiring? I'm wondering if my alternator is causing the SMG issues + CSL tune is causing the alternator issues.

Could someone elaborate on this alternator caveat? Searching, I'm not running into enough detailed info about this so I was hoping someone could enlighten me on the why/what of this on the CSL Tune.
                                My understanding is as follows (I'm sure someone more knowledgable than me will correct me if I'm wrong here)

Pre '04 cars the cluster had a dedicated pin on the back that was used to tell it if the charging system (alternator) is working. '04+ this was changed to be a signal over CAN. If you have an '04+ cluster then it is expecting to receive the signal over CAN (GENERATOR_UEBER_CAN enabled), if you have an earlier cluster then the dedicated pin must be wired.

I believe that because the CSL production ended in 03, the CSLs came with the dedicated pin on the cluster and hence did not expect this signal over CAN. If you have a newer cluster and are running the CSL software then you need to ensure that GENERATOR_UEBER_CAN is set to enable in your cluster and that you set 0x5968 to 01 05 0A in the binary so that your newer cluster can still receive the charging system status.

2005 ///M3 SMG Coupe Silbergrau Metallic/CSL bucket seats
                                Build Thread:
                                https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...e46-m3-journal

Comment

Working...
                                X