No announcement yet.

Csl ecu conversion and software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the previous owner of my car had a kassel tune on and it blocked even the simplest of OBD readers. i had to send my DME out to get wiped and rebuilt. i'm in the processes of getting the CSL software added on to enable access to the MAP that's installed on the car.
    2018 Grigio Telesto F80 M3 DCT | :: Bone Stock ::
    2004 Titanium Silver E46 M3 6 Speed | :: Track Car ::

Comment

Originally posted by sc_tr0jan_m3 View Post
      the previous owner of my car had a kassel tune on and it blocked even the simplest of OBD readers. i had to send my DME out to get wiped and rebuilt. i'm in the processes of getting the CSL software added on to enable access to the MAP that's installed on the car.
      The same issues here plus the tune

Comment

I need to get my AFR checked, I am running a Kassel Tune and the car smells like it runs rich as hell.
        2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
        Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
        Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
        RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
        Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post
          I need to get my AFR checked, I am running a Kassel Tune and the car smells like it runs rich as hell.
          Buddy i know from now your afr...its 9.8....
          I fix my car with HTE PERFORMANCE.....THE GUY IS AMAZING AND ONLY IN 5 FILES THAT HE SEND ME ITS RUNNING 12.8 TO 13 afr.....if you want my opinion go with HTE PERFORMANCE

Comment

Originally posted by And1m3 View Post

Buddy i know from now your afr...its 9.8....
            I fix my car with HTE PERFORMANCE.....THE GUY IS AMAZING AND ONLY IN 5 FILES THAT HE SEND ME ITS RUNNING 12.8 TO 13 afr.....if you want my opinion go with HTE PERFORMANCE
            If I test AFR it must be done pre-cat correct? I'd like to test for it up the tailpipe but thats post cat and I don't think it would give an accurate reading.
            Also, did hassan remote tune yours on a dyno or did he send you different tunes to try?
            2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
            Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
            Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
            RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
            Instagram

Comment

Better is at the headers so its 100% accurate because at the muffler maybe some gaskets is leaking so its change the afr.
              He can remote tune.
              I didn't went to the dyno I took logs with afr at the road with innovate lm2 so I have everything that you need from ecu plus afr so after 6 logs and 5 tune files my car runs 12.8-13.1.
              Hassan its amazing person and very professional you will be happy

Comment

I have a completely stock US-spec 2004 SMG to 6mt converted car with a MSS54HP. I'd like to convert to a CSL style airbox with map sensor, mostly for the sound. How well does the stock CSL tune run on stock US cars with only the CSL airbox? I assume I'd need to do the cam offsets which I think I can do with tunerpro.

If it runs good, awesome, if it runs like meh is there a somewhat easy way to use a stock HP tune with the CSL program? Or is taking the car to a tuner required?
                E46 324i k24/dct/turbo Build Thread
                Phoenix Yellow e46m3 Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by liam821 View Post
                  I have a completely stock US-spec 2004 SMG to 6mt converted car with a MSS54HP. I'd like to convert to a CSL style airbox with map sensor, mostly for the sound. How well does the stock CSL tune run on stock US cars with only the CSL airbox? I assume I'd need to do the cam offsets which I think I can do with tunerpro.

If it runs good, awesome, if it runs like meh is there a somewhat easy way to use a stock HP tune with the CSL program? Or is taking the car to a tuner required?
                  Stock CSL tune runs perfectly fine in terms of driveability with just the cam offsets changed. However, your AFRs will be off in some places because the fuel maps are still setup for the CSL cams.
                  2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

Stock CSL tune runs perfectly fine in terms of driveability with just the cam offsets changed. However, your AFRs will be off in some places because the fuel maps are still setup for the CSL cams.
                    Makes sense. Is there a way to copy the ignition and fuel tables from one tune to the other? i.e. copy the fuel & ignition tables from the HP map to the CSL map?

Comment

Originally posted by liam821 View Post

Makes sense. Is there a way to copy the ignition and fuel tables from one tune to the other? i.e. copy the fuel & ignition tables from the HP map to the CSL map?
                      Maybe someone with more tuning experience can chime in here, but I don't see why you couldn't. I'm just not sure it's worth it at that point. Might as well just bite the bullet and get a dyno tune that's fully optimized for your specific setup.

Edit: Thought about this a bit more. I don't think that copying the fuel tables from the HP over is a good idea. Those are made for less airflow, which means you'd probably end up running lean. Especially because the CSL tune runs in alpha-N mode most of the time and only really falls back to the MAP in extraordinary circumstances (TPS or pressure sensor in DME fail for instance).
                      Last edited by heinzboehmer; 10-23-2020, 10:06 AM.
                      2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

Comment

Maybe someone with more tuning experience can chime in here, but I don't see why you couldn't. I'm just not sure it's worth it at that point. Might as well just bite the bullet and get a dyno tune that's fully optimized for your specific setup.

Edit: Thought about this a bit more. I don't think that copying the fuel tables from the HP over is a good idea. Those are made for less airflow, which means you'd probably end up running lean. Especially because the CSL tune runs in alpha-N mode most of the time and only really falls back to the MAP in extraordinary circumstances (TPS or pressure sensor in DME fail for instance).
                        Ah, yeah, that makes sense. I would expect the car to have access to more air not having to suck through a MAF and all. I'll just go with a stock CSL map and then get it dyno tuned at some point. Thank you!

Comment

-edited- look at post #45.

fueling tables also scaled different in CSL soft than in normal HP.
                          Last edited by S54B32; 10-25-2020, 10:06 AM.
                          …under construction.

Comment

Originally posted by S54B32 View Post

Sorry, that’s not correct. The MAP affects your fueling in CSL soft EVERYTIME as long as it is present, I must look again in dumb, but maybe under full throttle it‘s not relevant.

Oh cool learned something new, haven't really looked at the tune myself. My comment came from what this doc says on pages 29 and 30.
                            Attached Files

Comment

heinzboehmer , thanks for the file!! High value contribution...

Cheers,

maw
                              Last edited by maw1124; 10-25-2020, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by S54B32 View Post

Sorry, that’s not correct. The MAP affects your fueling in CSL soft EVERYTIME as long as it is present, I must look again in dumb, but maybe under full throttle it‘s not relevant.

No he is correct, the MAP sensor is only referenced when the TPS sensors go out. I'd be more than happy to show you how it works via SW disassembly.

The MSS54 has two separate 5V supply voltages, Uext1 and Uext2, for the PWG/DKG potentiometers and HFM. The sensor supply is monitored by the control unit and taken into account when calculating the PWG and DK positions. If a supply voltage leaves the permissible range, an error filter is started. Uext value is limited to a minimum or maximum value until the error filter expires. After the error filter has expired, the Uext value is set to the replacement value and all sensors connected to this supply voltage are considered defective.

If the sensor supply Uext 1 fails, the sensors PWG1, DKG1 and HFM also fail, so the EGAS system switches to Emergency Mode A - Emergency Drive via pedal value transmitter and to Emergency Mode 2 - Drive via Idle Control (redundancy via HFM no longer exists ).

If the Uext2 sensor supply fails, the PWG2 and DK2 sensors fail. The Egas system changes to Emergency Running Level A and Emergency Running Level 1 - Emergency Driving with a DK encoder (redundancy provided by HFM).
                                So as you can see the MAP sensor, which is connected to HFM2 AD converter, is only active as a redundant source during limp mode. There is an HFM relative filling factor map that essentially regulates the replacement value down by 1/3 to 1/2 of the MAP output.

The CSL SW is strictly VE controlled! The average air mass consumption per working cycle (720*) is hard-coded in the program file and calculated down to mg/msec, then converted to an RF value. After the raw RF value is filtered via all the other active RF maps, the value is then divided by the average fuel mass consumption @ 14.7 per working cycle to generate the correct injector pulsewidth. So in laymans terms, the RF values in the VE map directly influence injector pulsewidth, which is why the steady state fuel trim maps are left @ 1.00 (basically no influence).

Click image for larger version  Name:	VE_Map.jpg Views:	0 Size:	154.9 KB ID:	64139

The WOT fuel trims are basically used to increase injector duty cycles at full load, but if you move to larger injectors you can essentially set this map closer to 1.00 as well. I run 440cc injectors on 100% E85 and these are my fuel trim maps as I target AFR's using the VE map above.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Fuel_Trims.jpg Views:	0 Size:	141.6 KB ID:	64140

Comment

Working...
                                X