Double checking CSL tune conversion/flashing process for MSS54HP non-CSL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by R3Z3N View Post
    ^It can't hurt to try. Or just pull the partial from Terra's and copy YOUR values back as you can compare up to 4? binaries in TunerPro. However there is no easy way to compare values in TunerPro between versions IE 0301 and 0401.
    Okay, yeah, so FWIW, if you go into the tune and just change all three version strings located at 0xBFB8, 0xBFC8 and 0xBFD8 to match the version of the full binary running on the DME that you're flashing the tune to, that's enough to get MSSFlasher to let you. But, to anyone reading this, obviously, only do this if the tune you're flashing matches the tune version of the full binary you're running (i.e. 0401 tune to 0401 binary). Otherwise this seems like a great way to really f*** up your engine.

Comment

^FYI both are binary files...... To keep wording consistent, we have a Full Binary consisting of Operating System and Tune, and the Partial Binary which is the tune only.
      TunerPro XDFs, DTCs, A2L, DIY Bench Flash Harness, Swap XDFs COMPREHENSIVE

Comment

I'm also going through this process and want to make sure I've got this sorted out. Can I get a quick sanity check on these steps below

Car - 03 M3 with MSS54
        Replace DME with MSS54HP (EWS delete) and wire in IAT / Map sensor
        Flash Terras modified BIN via MSSFlasher
        Pull partial and send to my tuner (or set Cam offsets / pressure sensor / injector / flap DTCs myself)
        Flash updated partial

Car should now run and drive properly + OBD compatible

Comment

Originally posted by Amalgam View Post
          I'm also going through this process and want to make sure I've got this sorted out. Can I get a quick sanity check on these steps below

Car - 03 M3 with MSS54
          Replace DME with MSS54HP (EWS delete) and wire in IAT / Map sensor
          Flash Terras modified BIN via MSSFlasher
          Pull partial and send to my tuner (or set Cam offsets / pressure sensor / injector / flap DTCs myself)
          Flash updated partial

Car should now run and drive properly + OBD compatible
          That will work. But if you're replacing your current DME with an HP, you don't need to modify the binary for the pressure sensor. That's only necessary on non-HP to HP hardware conversions, as the physical sensors on the board are different.
          2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by NZ_M3 View Post
            I had a look at your file in your attachment and some of the stuff ticked aren't implemented or have been implemented incorrectly. As I have been saying the tool has issues.

What's your email?
            For the benefit of all of us and Martyn why don't you share the before and after of a file that demonstrates the issue? Or is this something you can't recreate and you think is seemingly random?
            3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Anyone have issues downloading the 0401 v4 XDF? When I hit download it opens as a new window text document. Any direction would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Kdubski View Post
                Anyone have issues downloading the 0401 v4 XDF? When I hit download it opens as a new window text document. Any direction would be appreciated.
                The Basic XDF does not show a download button, but the Complete XDF does.
                Last edited by Slideways; 06-29-2023, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X